“Very nice”
Review of Marguerite's

Marguerite's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marguerite's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An elegant and sophisticated 5-star, dining experience on the edge of the Caribbean Sea, specializing in an assortment of fine wines and fresh seafood,creatively prepared.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice location with a beautiful view of the bay and it’s transparent waters. The food was delicious and the service very good but I had the feeling the staff was forçou-se little too much as if it was not natural to them. Please don’t take me wrong but for a holiday destination I was expecting a more relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed September 27, 2018

It was great, the food was good and the atmosphere beautiful. The wait staff were exceptional and made my night special.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

This restaurant was so perfect the first night we went there, we went back the following day which was sadly a mistake.
The manager is charming and greets you warmly. We had a table on the balcony overlooking the sea. A huge ray swam up to the kitchen to be fed scraps while we were eating, wonderful to see and a real highlight. To start I had the scallops and lobster cooked in Pernod. This was the best thing I ate in Jamaica, beautiful textures and flavours. I followed this with a tuna steak, I was asked how I would like it cooked and was duly presented with a rare fillet. I finished with their lava chocolate cake. This was a dark chocolate fondant with a white chocolate sauce and a mango and dark chocolate sauce rippled across the plate. Everything was just to die for. It was fine dining prices which meant that despite just drinking water we were charged £60 a head but the first night was really worth it.

We made the mistake of returning. The ray didn't turn up. I had squid to start with which was overcooked to the point that some of it was inedible. For main the scallops were good but a membrane had been left on, making one of them chewy and unpleasant. I asked for the dessert I had wanted the previous night, a white chocolate meringue but they were in the process of removing it from the menu so I went for the same as the previous night. They left off the mango and the chocolate sauce was not as good.
I have kept the five stars for the review because the first night was so good but the lesson is never ever go back. Sadly the second night cost just the same.

1  Thank scorchio127
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This place is the definition of customer satisfaction. I was greeted at the outside entrance with a warm and welcoming smile. The ambiance was everything!!! The subtle music playing in the background coupled with the decor and lighting of the dining area set the perfect romantic setting that a couple could wish for. The food was mouthwatering, I enjoyed every bit of it as the flavors teased my palate and had me wanting more. The staff are great and they continually checked upon us throughout our visit. I got engaged here and I will most definitely visit again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Lost night my friend and I went to Marguerites seafood restaurant to for our birthday dinner I was so impressed with the service, omroy the manager was great he is a true professional , Shaniel ,I was so impressed the was explained the menu ,and check back after she served each meal in a timely manner, any one out their reading thing and wanna have a life time experience this is the place to be.