“The Pelican Rum Pudding”
Review of The Pelican Grill

The Pelican Grill
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 4, 2018

I cannot go to Montego Bay without a visit to The Pelican Grill, even if only for the Pelican Rum Pudding. There is no other like it.
Recently tried the Jumbo Malt and now that is on the list of #MustHaves.

I love that this charming Family=Owned and operated restaurant has been around for decades, maintaining its original authenticity. There are staff members there for almost, if not as long as the restaurant has been around.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

PROS
We had breakfast there, so rating is not complete
Quality of food, position, details inside, menu

CONS
Need to improve the quality of the service, price is maybe too much (30$ for 2 breakfast with 2 French toasts and 2 orange juices)

Maybe the best place to have breakfast in Montego Bay, definitely recommended for no budget visitors.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here. We watched the sunset from our window booth and had curry goat and jerk chicken. Our service was excellent and the atmosphere was enjoyable. As a tourist, I loved that the place was filled with locals (to me, that says a lot about the food being authentic). I would visit this place again when we return!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This was my second visit to the restaurant and it did not disappoint. Jerk Chicken was flavourful and the portion was the right size. The chocolate malt shake was satisfying and the best I've had in a while. The restaurant is clean with a pleasant family friendly atmosphere. Looking forward to my 3rd visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner here our first night in Montego Bay!

The restaurant is very beautiful, and the staff was pretty friendly. They also have free wifi!

We got bread to start off with, and I ordered the ackee appetizer, and then the curry goat as my meal. I also got the frozen limeade which was tasty. It was amazing, amazing! My total was about $30 and I left a cash tip.

Definitely going to go back again before I leave.