“excellent jerk chicken and pork”
Review of Pork Pit

Pork Pit
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2018

This place is a must, the jerk chicken and pork are the go to food in this area. They give you good portions and the beans and rice that accompany it are so good. its where people who live here go so you know it has to be good.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

I when to this place alone with a friend and I must say the jerk chicken and pork taste amazing the best I have taste in a long time, I thoroughly enjoyed it and sure would be coming back again. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2018

I was really excited about having some true athentic jerk pork, however, I was very disappointed with what was given to me as jerk.

The skin was very chewy I feel as if my jawbones have been in the gym on a circuit session. There were no real jerky taste to be honest I get better jerk in the UK this was a disappointment.

Please message to the owner when we visit our island we need the real authentic jerk not grilled pork, which is what you’re selling.

Remember Bob Marley said you can fool some of the people but you can’t fool all the people all the time.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2018

The obvious atmosphere is shabby/simple. The jerk chicken straight off the pit was amazing. Some people mistake this place for BBQ. This place was worth visiting after discovering it on Trip Advisor. Can't miss the joint, bright yellow front, dilapidated stairs ascending the joint, reminds me of NOLA. They pull it right off the pit and cut it up for you. The half chicken is smaller than what we are used to. The flavor is amazing, tender and juicy. Bring your appetite, buy a soft drink and you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m spoiled. I’ve had the chance to have pork barbecued foods from Texas to South Carolina. I also live in the northeast US where we lack good BBQ so I know bad BBQ.

This place is mediocre at best. The best thing you can get is the pork. It’s a travesty what they do to the shrimp. Lots of spice to hide low quality shrimp.

What motivated me to write this review is the staff here are also not friendly and miserable.

Date of visit: November 2018