My husband and I stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean for 3 weeks February 2nd to 23rd so the chances are are our stay must have overlapped with Fran C's "what a disappointment review"
This is the first time I have ever written a review on a hotel.
We chose a Royal Beachfront Suite with butler service. Particularly because we wanted to see and be close to the sea. The swim up suites are set back in the gardens. Our room was actually ocean/East pool view. There are four different pools on the resort: Main Pool, East Pool, Private Island Pool and the long narrow one in front of the swim up suites.
Later on in our stay we expressed an interest in the swim-up suites and were moved to one - without any effort on our part. Both rooms were kept spotlessly clean (and tidy) at all times and everything worked fine, although water pressure/temperature in the beachfront suite was a bit variable at peak times.
Sometimes we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign out in the early evening when turn-down service did their rounds, but we still came back to find the bathroom cleaned and the bed prepared for sleep after we returned from the evening out, without us having to ring housekeeping. The maids leave a note to say they've been but you were busy.
We had been to this resort 3 times, most recently 6 years ago and we noticed many improvements. Improvements are constantly being made, in fact a fire pit was started and finished while we were there and we noticed a lot of work going on in rooms.
All staff we encountered were fantastic. Our butlers, Hughell and Ellis, were outstanding, as were Albert and Verna at the pool bar - in fact Verna remembered me and even what job I did from our last visit. The entertainment staff were also superb and the gardeners do a wonderful job keeping the grounds looking perfect.
If I had to find fault with the service it would have to be in the Regency restaurant. Many times our water was served from a height and slopped all over the table cloth by some indifferent staff members. We came to laugh about it and call it "water Jamaican style" but it really should not have been served like that and on reflection we should have mentioned it.
We had no trouble in getting water at the bars. There are also several water stations set up across the resort with iced water, cans of coke/sprite etc. for you to help yourself. We did not see any broken glass anywhere on the resort.
We did encounter a problem, which I won't go into here as it wasn't all to do with SRC staff in particular. After making it known to the management straight away, we received an apology and a special make-it-up-to-you, which I also won't go into here as it may spoil a wonderful surprise for someone else who may be deserving of a management apology. But believe me it was one fantastic sorry!
I would advise everyone to always point out a problem immediately - they do happen - and not to let it simmer and eat away at you till it completely ruins your holiday. Most management teams will be grateful to be given the opportunity to put things right. If they don't, there is always the head office above them. I haven't heard of an hotel manager yet who would risk ignoring you once you mention their head office.
I am so convinced that SRC provides a truly wonderful experience, that I have just booked this resort for my son and his new wife-to-be for their honeymoon in August and I'm sure they will be delighted with the Royal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean