All reviewsliving roomdoctor's cave beachfull kitchenjamaican breakfastelevator ridehip stripblock ddumplingsnice balconyceiling fanmo bayocho riosbeach towelsminutes from the airportstovemobaycommissary
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This resort used to be my home away from home but on this visit it was ln need of a total renovation.The tiles,the bathroom ,refrigerator ,and the kitchen needs a total makeover the AC in the main room in B302 needs servicing the flap was absent. Breakfast was basic and mediocre forget about the starches and at least give a hearty cup of coffee or tea .Ackee no salfish come on disrespectful .Perfection location easy access to the beach and shops but please do something with the property it’s affordable but spruce up to make it also attractive You have to spend money to make money.Abig shout out to faithful Sebastian and the other bell hop on days two dedicated and faithful guys .HELP!!!! I’m willing to return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a lot of potential. I stayed in the 2br suite, it’s roomy, it has a kitchen with a stove & refrigerator, sitting area, 1/2 bath and sun porch.
(No air downstairs) Upstairs has two nice size bedrooms & two full bathrooms. (Needs better up keep. The floors were stained, walls needed painting.) The breakfast was good and included with your stay, that’s a plus. Over all I had a nice stay and would stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We had been so looking forward to our holiday in Jamaica but it turned into a nightmare as soon as we arrived at ElGrec Resort Montego Bay Jamaica after a 38 hour flight from Australia The pictures on El Greco website are actually glamour shots with decor set up and using a professional photographer to disguise what it really is I can tell you now it is not as it looks Our first impression was the rude lady in reception who made us wait 1 1/2 hours then went home and left us there The rooms were dark outdated and dingey
Then 3 cockroaches were in the bedroom Nothing like the pictures on the Web One of the most important things at a resort is the pool
The pool was disscusting as it had cloudy water and lots of mould in it The deck chairs were old and broken In 9 days we only saw 6 people use it
We had to go across the road to Doctors Cave Beach
So my advise is to beware and have a plan B if you plan to stay here

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paul1926hd
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We stayed at El Greco for five nights. It was a very good experience, my girlfriend and I loved it. The room was very big at it include a balcony that we really enjoyed. There was a full bathroom and a king size bed, with AC included (God blessed that AC unit). On the living room, full kitchen (not stove), TV, sofa and a couple chairs. Plenty of space for luggage.
The breakfast was complimentary, where you can choose from American breakfast (omelette, pancakes, french toast) or Jamaican breakfast (three options with banana, dumpling, festival and potato). Very very very good, specially the sea view.
The staff was friendly and we though that everything was clean. Short walk to Doctor´s Cave Beach and Hip Street. The facilities include a pool and some mango trees, where you can get your own mangoes.
Only bad thing about it: wifi sucks. Sometimes you get, sometimes you dont. They need to fix that problem to be a top place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raul M
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Got stuck here one night (see below) was able to snag one of the last rooms
A bit dated, but clean, fair value, convience stor, bar and restaurant on site
Breakfast included
Now for the story...
I am a platinum acccount with Orbitz, booked a room at High Tides Beach Studio at the same address as this hotel
IT DID NOT EXIST. The phone number didn’t even have the correct number of digits
Was able to call Orbitz, on line for 30 min, then hung up on,called back, bottom line=
They could not rebook me anywhere else, as this was their error ( they need to screen their listings), I would think not only moving us, at about 11pm, and possibly considering covering the cost ( it was a one night stay) would not have been unreasonable.
They would not let me talk to supervisor
They would not tell me where their service center is located, I suspect this contributed to the difficulty get me another accommodation.
Over all, they left me stranded to fair for myself in a foreign country, and only offered to refund my mone, for a listing I paid for that did not exist-awful large of them

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple