“Great Place for short trips!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 25 May 2011

This was a great place to stay for my quick stops in Montego Bay. Colin the owner was the best. On my first night he ensured that I was comfortable and recommended a few spots for me to visit during the evening including Margaritaville (where I work in Grand Turk coincidentally). The next morning he took me to the airport. On my return for another night, he picked me up and then dropped me back to the airport the next morning. This place is definately the place to be withclean rooms, the airport in sight, nightlife a short distance away and great service!! I have already told friends and family about this place. I would be back for my next trip to Montego Bay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TI_Chica
There are newer reviews for Ridgeway Guest House

Reviewed 17 May 2011

This small guest house is located on a hilltop across from the entrance to Montego Bay Airport. Free pickup and return are offered by the delightful owner, Colin Tatum. He is amazingly friendly and "at your service," while maintaining a really professional attitude. Our room was clean, spacious and well-appointed with two queen-size beds, cable TV, easy chairs, desk and good lighting, and a plain but complete bath. We arrived in mid-afternoon and the air-conditioning was off. It took till late night for it to really cool off the room. After that is was fine for our two-day stay. Colin gave a free tour of the area in his van and also made our bus reservations to Kingston, taking us the day before so we could buy them at a discount. He drove us to the terminal at 4:30AM, too. There is no food served, but a college cafeteria and very Jamaican restaurant are adjacent. It's a long but doable walk to the restaurants, clubs and beaches of the strip. Taxis tend to be very expensive and the bus service hard to use. Higher-end restaurants and resorts are farther away, but Colin also drove us to one for a special dinner our last night. I enthusiastically recommend Colin Tatum and his Ridgeway Guest House.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ansgar13
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights at Ridgeway Guest House and were pretty pleased with our choice.

Pros:
- The room was clean, quiet, and big enough, and there was a balcony, microwave and mini fridge.
- Colin was great! He was very friendly, hospitable and as helpful as he could be. He helped us figure out our day tours, he gave us a ride to the pickup location for one of them and he gave us a ride to the airport.
- Great value, especially if you just need a place by the airport for a night or two.

Cons:
- Location. On the plus side, it's very close to the airport, which is great. On the down side, it's a little bit of a hike (since we like to walk around new places when we travel if we can, rather than just take cabs) to any eateries when the one restaurant nearby is closed (or the nearby college cafeteria). When the restaurant is open, however, it's awesome b/c the food is DELICIOUS and the least expensive food we had on the whole island ($3 per breakfast of salt fish, okra, bananas, dumplings, yams and juice--no kidding!).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brittany_11_10
Reviewed 7 May 2011

When you first arrive in a new place it's nice to be picked up by a welcoming host and given advice about the area. Ridgeway is very close to the airport, right next to the owners own home and a 15min walk from the tourist area of Montego Bay. The room was spacious and comfortable enough. The cafeteria just by the entrance is the only option for food, but the main benefit was the money saved by not staying in an expensive hotel. Some of the locals look to take advantage of tourists and while I never felt threatened by them, I could have saved myself a lot of hassle by wearing a sign around my neck saying 'No thanks, I don't smoke'. I can understand why Colin, the owner, didn't want strangers brought back to the rooms and near to his own house and family.

If I go back to Jamaica, I'd probably try a different area like Ocho Rios. But if you're going to Montego Bay and don't want to spend a fortune on accommodation, Ridgeway Guest House could be just what you're looking for.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DanB007
Reviewed 10 April 2011

When me and my niece first got there everthing was great. But, then three days later thats when the real Mr. Collins came out he is the owner he is a very controdicting bloodclott. He wants too try and treat his guest like his kids. And tell them who they can have in their room and who the can't. Also, it even got sooo bad till were we had to call the cops on him for standing on the ruff top syping on us. Then he lied to the cops bout how he told us that we can't have anyone in our rooms he was like so in decisive. "DO NOT STAY HERE"

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank sweetmomma36
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I wanted a place to stay for our trip to Jamaica for my birthday with girlfriends and stay in Montego Bay. I found this place on the internet and loved all the great reviews and the location/ price was just what we wanted to pay within our budget! Upon arrival, all 6 ladies, we were greeted by the wonderful staff and owner with a warm welcome and information about Jamaica. For 4 of my friends this was their first trip to the island. The owner was generous enough to make us a special expresso drink and entertain us for hours about the culture and history of Ridgeway and Jamaica. We were fascinated to learn all he had to share! Our rooms were clean and just the right size since we did 3 double bed- rooms to accommodate everyone. The location was ideal for driving to local restaurants for our main meals. The rooms came with fridges, microwaves, kettles and tea bags so breakfast was very easy. At first we were going to stay at Ridgeway for a day or so then head to Ocho Rios but the guesthouse was so reasonable and the people (Owner/ staff) were so nice to us that we extended our stay for a full week! Everything worked out perfectly and the owner made arrangements for us to stay! Our Jamaica trip was truly "No Problem" , and we have already planned our return trip for July! See you soon Ridgeway Guesthouse, your the best! Thank you soooo much for a wonderful birthday, we loved it! "One Love!"

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank VacationBaby25
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed at Ridgeway for seven nights while travelling through Negril and Montego Bay Jamaica. The room is clean spacious and equipped with mini appliances and A/C unit. My wife and I sat on the front and back balcony catching the cool sea breeze and games played at neighboring University Campus. Colin our friendly host offered to take us from and to the airport. He took us for drives through town, shopping groceries and up the coast pointing out the sceneries and famous jerk restaurants. The famous Doctors Cave Beach and Hip Strip are in walking distance, but I’m sure Colin would have taken us if needed. He and his family are wonderful people. The person at the Jamaican Tourist Board just next to Ridgeway was helpful in offering roads maps and places of interest in Jamaica. My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant stay at Ridgeway and would recommend this guest house to others

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple