See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I has a great time the room was clean and bathroom I love Ms. Williams she was a sweetheart was so nice treated me with respect Mr.collin I loved him he help me out alot I came with a friend girl never again bas experience but the trip was great and the room was perfect. Thanks again I will be returning again for my birthday in October I'm leaving on 7th of October me and my son is coming I know I am going to have a great time with my son and I can't wait to come back see u soon

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Latora S
Reviewed April 20, 2016

ridgeway guest house i have visited 4 --5 times and continue to go back because of the location,,the jamaican family that owns it--the cleanliness and the fine service offered----the facilities offereing cooking facilities with full kitchen for some and all have refrigerator--microwave and hotpot---very good... the reasonable budgetable prices for a short stay there or renting week to week or month to month makes it a feasible place to stay in the montego bay area where prices are high for single families and singles---its affordable with one and two bedroom rates.. much less than some..i will continue to go back--2-3 amaican restaurants nearby--one is super --beach avaiable about 1..5 miles away and downtown is walkable--rental cars are available and cabs

Room Tip: connect early on for your trip there
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2015

My wife and I stayed at Ridgeway Guest House for three days before traveling to Negril, and for one additional day before departing the country. Our rooms were about 80USD/night.

This place is a case study in why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It looks pretty bad from the outside. What appears to be a terrible location is nothing of the sort. It's nestled in the campus of The University of the West Indies (Mona). At night we watched the students play a frenzied game of basketball on the outdoor court. There is a restaurant next door that serves delicious, authentic Jamaican cuisine for dirt cheap - the sort of hole in the wall restaurant that foodies dream of. It's close enough to the hip strip that we often walked there, and right on a major road when we wanted to hail a cab (which charge about 250J to the center of the strip - though cabbies often try to ask for more at first).

The view from the rooms is nice enough - you can see both the planes landing at Sanger airport and the ocean - though as previous reviewers noted, there's a lot of unsightly industrial stuff around too.

The room itself was spotless and comfortable, and the air conditioner worked well. The manager, Colin, drove us to the airport on our departure, for which we were very thankful.

My only real gripe about the place is that there isn't a phone in the room, and frankly, that didn't bother us too much. When we absolutely needed to use one, Mrs. Williams got one from the office for us right away.

All in all, if you are traveling on a budget or need a place to stay right before or after your flight, this place is golden. It saved us hundreds of dollars, which we got to spend on eating out, drinking rum, going sightseeing, et cetera.

A little advise: book room 8 if you can. It is quite nice.

I would certainly stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 8 is larger than the rest and has the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjmiii
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Room was remarkably clean and well cared-for. MIni-fridge, microwave, TV, wireless internet all included. A water-warmer for instant coffee. Housekeeper and owner were wonderful; Located next to a college, so very safe. If you're feeling spry, it's about a 10-15 minute walk to hip strip, the ocean, and local fare, or it's easy enough to hail a cab for a cheap, quick ride. Better than any similarly-priced place you'd find in the states.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C H
Reviewed September 26, 2014

My wife and I were attending a wedding at an all-inclusive down the road, and we decided to stay at Ridgeway for a few days before the wedding to get to see the area outside the resort. Ridgeway is located just across from the airport and a short walk down to the Hip Strip. Airport noise was never an issue -- though it was at the all-inclusive. It is located on a hill next to a university. Being elevated, there was a nice breeze to help keep it cool, and the university had a good, inexpensive restaurant.

Colin is a great host, and he really tries to make sure you are enjoying your stay. He offered good suggestions on what to see (and where to avoid).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple