Pros: Close to the airport = more time spent on the beach :-) The planes did not bother us at all...I actually enjoyed them..until it was my turn to go home and fly over the resort of course! I felt very sad looking down at the resort as we flew away :-(
Pros: Great food...loved every meal, snack and drink
Pros: Staff all pleasant, helpful and hard working
Pros: Nice, private beach and calm water
Cons: I only have one and it's minor because we really aren't pool people anyway, we spend most of our time on the beach...but the pools were a little too small and the hot tubs not inviting. There was a great hot tub by the gym and we went there a couple of times but I would have also enjoyed spending some time in one with a view of the sunset...but they were very small and looked a little dirty to me.
We were at the resort from March 7th-14th. We flew Jet Blue out of Jfk and Caribbean Air into Jfk home. Both flights went well.
We were upgraded 5 categories from a Bay Roc Jr Veranda Suite to a Presidential Suite room 550 with private Mercedez transfer to and from the resort! The location of this villa is amazing! It is located right in the middle of the resort and just steps from the beach but set back just enough that it is also very private. It has a living room, full liqour pantry, 2 flat screen t.v.'s, ipod docking station, large closet with lots of hangers and large, double vanity with lots of drawers. The only downside to the room is that the bathroom itself does not have a whirlpool tub and seperate shower like some of the Bay Rocs do, and the toilet is in the same room as the bathtub. It also had a bidet.
Our Butlers Tarrick and Renay were great! They really spoiled us!
This is also the first time that we have noticed drink service on the beach. I read that this is fairly new for Sandals and is a much welcomed service!
This particular Sandals had a lot to offer as far as Entertainment goes, definitely one of the more lively Sandals resorts. We have been to Negril, Whitehouse, Antigua, St Lucia Regency La Toc, and Dunns River before it changed hands.
The Spa was wonderful, everyone was very pleasant and the massages were great! They even gave us a couple of free products to try and they weren't trial size..they were large bottles!
We had a great time and would go back again but I still want to make my way through all of the other Sandals Resorts first...next year we are off to the Grande in St Lucia! Any questions, feel free to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay