I visited the resort last week Aug 28, 2017. I read lots of reviews before I went and specially negatives once so, I will address those. I am a bussiness owner and many times reviews are not fair and specially negative reviews so i will try to be as fair as possible.
1) No one tried to sell me any time share.
2) No one at resort ( staff) asked me for any tip. many made it sound like, they were just asking for money all the time and I did not see that at all.
3) Dining was pleasant unlike suggested by many that food takes a long time to come out and there is a wait to be seated.I never waited more than 2 mins to be seated and the food was brought to the table in a timely manner. These restaurants are a sit-down place and maybe people are not used to of eating at a fine dining restaurant.
4) There is no difference between staying at wild orchid & St James.
Here are my observations...
I would not pay extra for preferred rooms or swim up rooms.
We were upgraded to preferred for free. I did not see any difference in preferred & regular.
Food was ok. Portions really small but you can ask for more. Food is an individual taste so judge for your self. There is plenty of choices. If you are big eater just ask them to double up. For instance, they served one spring roll cut in half as an appetizer.
Location is great, especially for evening entertainment.
I do not drink so can not say anything about drinks but if you like to drink, there were plenty of bars.
I would suggest they would serve some finger foods at bar or snacks.
Beach is clean but if you are going for the beach, I would pick a different place.
Make sure you have water shoes as impossible to walk in the water. there are lots of rocks and seaweed. This is not natural beach so water is very calm for those who are not comfortable with waves.
Great place for snorkeling, make sure you take your goggles. There is plenty of fish just by the beach. Lots of jelly fish.
The Mexican place was the best out of all the place than i would rank Jamaican and i would rank French the last. once again, this is an individual preference. BTW, I am not big fan of Mexican food and tried it last
The place is really clean with lots of landscaping and pretty flowers. It is huge and if you can not find something to do here, you are a difficult person.
Fruit cart in afternoon and Jerk Chicken Cart were awesome.
Staff was polite and very helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Secrets St. James Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets St James Hotel Montego Bay