“A nice, comfortable, simple unit with a very nice...”
other travellers have booked this property
Sea view from balcony
View from balcony Airy open passageway to studio entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from balcony
Airy open passageway to studio entrance
Beds, can be joined to make a kingsize
Balcony
View of El Greco Reception from Balcony
Garden view from balcony
Restaurant on Doctors Cave Beach
Doctors Cave Beach
Kitchen Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jim0001Mo...
Los Angeles, California
“A nice, comfortable, simple unit with a very nice view”
Reviewed November 21, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

I enjoyed my stay at the Garden Studio unit in the El Greco Resort complex. It has what I needed for a comfortable stay. Doreen met me at the unit when I arrived and took me for a tour of the Resort and that was most helpful. All of the other reviews of the unit that I read were helpful to me. It is a quiet area. They were putting on a new roof and outdoor floor tile in the Garden Studios building while I was there but the noise wasn’t bothersome. I had the two single beds moved together to make one larger bed. The unit is more Motel 6-like than Hilton-like in style. The washer in the apartment is a clothes washer and not a dish washer (there is no machine dish washer). There is a 4-cup coffee maker and there were some coffee filters in the unit; however, I brought my own and used them. There aren’t many electrical outlets: none in the bathroom (I used the one at the nearby washing machine) and none on the kitchen sink counter but there is one next to the microwave counter with an extension cord available; not a big deal for me, you just adapt. The TV gets local channels from Miami as well as CNN, FOX News, and CNBC and quite a few other channels. There was no DVD player in the unit that I found. I didn’t cook in the unit; yet I did have one incident with ants. I brought a small Terro Liquid Ant Bait with me and that solved the problem; they entered thru the bottom of the front door. The two remotes DO work: just point the black one at the TV and point the silver one at the silver digital receiver. If you come during the rainy season, bring a good, wide umbrella; you won’t regret it. I found that restaurants, in general, would take both the Jamaican dollar and USD so you could pay either way. Most also took a credit card. For those who care, a new Starbucks has opened right next to Doctor’s Cave (I was told it is the first one in Jamaica).

Ladietx3
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed May 26, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay, this is our 2nd time staying here and look forward to coming back. It was just enough space for myself and my husband. The beach, the strip, and a 24 hour store is right across from the studio. I love the view from the balcony, it is beautiful! I like that the studio has not only the bathroom, but the kitchen area if we want to cook, and they have wifi, which is always a plus. Doreen is easily accessible if have any questions or concerns.

TeamHamil...
Reisterstown, Maryland
“Cozy Apartment”
Reviewed May 25, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We just got back from celebrating our 3rd year anniversary and once again enjoyed our stay in this apartment. If you are not looking for an all-inclusive trip and would like to enjoy a simple vacation, I would suggest staying here. The owner, Mr. Hussey, responds almost immediately to your inquiry to reserve your time. He is super helpful. The property manager, Ms. Doreen, is a tiny ball of fire who will do anything to make sure your stay is just right. And the housekeeper, Ms. Stephanie, is super sweet and so accommodating. We were so pleased with the new air conditioner (old one was so loud) and washing machine upgrades. We were never home so this place is the best place to stay to save tons of money.

jam72
UK
“ONCE AGAIN GREAT STAY”
Reviewed February 18, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

I believe this is my 3rd stay at the property and once again no issues. Booking is always easy no hassle, I now just ring Doreen directly and then make payment through Paypal. Mr Hussey is always easy to deal with and will accommodate any change of plans when it is feasible., also replies very quickly to emails. I am surprised at some of the reviews simple because this is a budget appartment with all the amenities that you need for your stay. It is clean, the location is excellent, and it is in a secure location. I have always been satisfied with the service and when we have encountered an issue it was dealt with swiftly. This is not hotel accommodation so it may not suit everyone but I really can find no complaints.
Will always return when available.
Thanks again

Your age range 35-49
ReaperDav...
Saskatchewan, Canada
“no inclusive, no problem :)”
Reviewed February 16, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

bang for buck indeed.. pros, across the street from doctors cave main entrance, walking distance to many brand name restaurants and local ones as well, all the shopping you can handle, there is a jamaican tours office in the towers main level with a grocery store with most of what you need, local produce within the compound for purchase, we did not do the B+B but should have as we ate at the cliff hanging gorgeous view restaurant most mornings, avg $20 US for 2 if not.
cons, very aggressive locals awaiting you once your off the compound, cant go 20 steps on the hip strip most days without someone trying to sell you whatever is in their pockets, doctors cave adds up, $6 for each to enter $6 for a chair $6 for an umbrella and waited service on the beach (convenient but expensive) the room was "roughin it" AC was too loud to sleep with, ceiling fan is on its last leg, 2 single beds no double (not clear in the photos) really had to stay on top of the ants, dont leave ANY crumbs out or they will find you! a previous guest had left some ant powder which was useful once they did appear.
in closing, great place if you dont need the 5 star experience, ac didnt matter to us. fridge kept the beer cold and a great view from the patio.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: view from our private patio
Liked least: hassle on the streets
Your age range 35-49
Joanne_16...
Toronto, Canada
“Will Be Back!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

This place is the place to be. Stayed here for one week and had a great time. Please keep in mind the unit is perfect for two guests only. Very close to the hip strip and an on site store for all your basic needs. Pool facing and ocean facing who could ask for more!!! Great to sit out and watch the sunset over the mountains.

Doreen was wonderful and very helpful with everything.

I see complaints here about ants and this is why I am writing this review. At no point during our week stay did we have any issues with ants. We put all food away, did not leave anything lying around and took our garbage out each day. If you do this, you should have have no issues.

We will definitly be visting this place again if we travel back to Jamaica.

Thanks again for everything. We had a wonderful time.

No house keeping but this was not an issue at all. I believe that for an extra fee you can have someone come in and tidy up.

The only thing that was a con for us was that although the unit had AC, it was extremely loud but we were still very thankful for it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ocean view and how close it was to everything.
Liked least: The loud AC in the unit.
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
candlqr
Birmingham, Alabama
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed April 27, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

My trip overall was awesome! The apartment is small but very close proximity to the strip. I mean, staggering distance. Across the walkway, and down the elevator...Tah Dah you're there!! Doctor's Beach to the right, Jimmy Buffet's to the left. There is access to a pool and restaurant/bar at the resort that encompasses the grounds where the apartment is located (EL Greco). The staff is very friendly and the bar tenders and wait staff most charming. But one thing that made this an awesome experience is Doreen the landlord. She came up to the room to welcome me and show me how to turn things on and so forth. Then she basically took me by the hand and walked me to the strip and showed me how to get to the beach. A 4'11" spitfire she is. Thanks Doreen.
Do not expect an apartment that is the lap of luxury, but any and everything that you could possibly need is there. It could stand some modernization but definitely a winning scenario for me. The neighbors were friendly and the grounds were well kept. The view from the quiet look out beside the entryway to the crossover is one of the best vantage points that I found for taking photos. The crossover itself is also an excellent spot. It towers 9 stories above the streets below and from there you can see forever in either direction. I will most definitely return. One word of caution, when you cross the street make sure to look the WRONG direction or you will become road kill..LOL

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Could stand some updates ie.. Wifi, beds, paint, bathroom fixtures.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing