2,970 results
All reviews jerk hut adult pool barefoot bar man made island seabreeze restaurant burger bar nachos italian restaurant stayed in building vip lounge grilled cheese tennis courts main restaurant kids club main pool hot dogs nightly entertainment
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for family vacation for two nights. When we check-in the hotel, front desk employee sent us to vip room, even there were no customer and there were soooooo many vip customers. Also, there werw only two employees and no vip service at all. When we get drinks and burgers (foods), we need make a line and wait 10-20 min easily. One day I just gave up to drink because we needed to save time. Food quality was just cheap hotel and employees were not friendly. We got pretty good view room with platinum membership and there was good snorkeling spots. Except these two I can't give more than two stars. We don't want to stay again in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Joon L
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Hi Joon L,

Thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. While it is great to see that you were able to appreciate the view in our rooms as well as the snorkeling spots, I was concerned to see that you had some issues with the staff service and the quality of the food.

We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Hello Fellow Travelers,
I am writing a honest review of this hotel.....
This was a birthday getaway with friends. I chose this place due to price and other reviewers saying to give the place a chance. However, I should have listened to the people who rated this place 3 and below.
I arrived to the hotel Tuesday Dec 12 check in was easy no hassle. And they were accommodating to a split stay with my cousin she stayed 2 days and my friend who stayed 2 days. I know the staff are doing the best they can with what they have. But this place should either be remodeled or priced at a different price point. It is not a resort in anyway shape or form. I felt like I was trapped in the hotel smh. Out of all my traveling days this has been the worst hotel I stayed at. The food was HORRIBLE!!! The highlight of my trip was the bar, it was the only way I managed to stay same was continuously drinking the entire time. Please if you don't care about the above mentioned complaints feel free to book. But if you travel and like nice things and places. this is not the place for you. Feel free to ask any questions.....

Date of stay: December 2017
6  Thank luxegirltrips

Hi luxegirltrips,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your review of our hotel. I am please to have you as our valued guest. I am very sorry for the experience you had during your stay, specially the condition of our facilities and the quality of food we serve. We always look for ways to improve the services and facilities we offer and I will make sure that your review will be shared with our management for reference and improvements.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We have previously been to Jamaica, this is our 6th time in all, we are going back to Holiday Inn for the 4th time, we love this budget friendly hotel, staff are great the place is clean, rooms are cleaned every day to a high standard and the food is great, they can't do enough for you, especially the bar staff and restaraunt staff, last year we went in May we had a great time although it rained everyday but sun in between and we still came home with nice tans. The little beaches are cleaned every day and the little island is great to sunbathe on. Jerk hut is great also and the ala'carte resteraunt are a must. I can never understand why people have to moan about this and that as if they want fine dining and first class service then book a five star hotel, this is a budget resort and a very good one.

Room tip: Five six and seven
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We came here in July 2017. We had an a amazing time. The only thing is there is lots of seaweed but I guess that's mother nature for ya. The food was great, room was great, kids had a ball. I would recommend updating the teen scene tho.
We are coming back July 2018!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alicia H
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This hotel was very clean and the rooms comfortable. The jerk hut was great and Joseph is the man, always friendly and smiling. The bar upstairs in the main building was the best, you get glasses rather than the plastic cups and Damien was a great barman, Yvonne was the best in the main bar in the lobby, always had a smile. The only downside for me being a smoker, was no smoking everywhere apart from 2 smoking areas, I have never been anywhere where you can’t smoke on the beach so for me personally this was an issue so I doubt whether I would go back to this particular hotel. Food was good, plenty of choice, you do have to queue early in the morning to book any of the other restaurants for a decent time slot, we were there for 2 weeks and only managed to get into the Seabreeze and the Italian, both were very good. We had a room in block 5 which was nice. We weren’t aware of the $35 dollar tax that you have to pay at the airport on departure so make sur3 you allow for this.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank SuePlymouth