2,980 results
All reviews jerk hut barefoot bar adult pool man made island seabreeze restaurant burger bar nachos italian restaurant stayed in building vip lounge grilled cheese tennis courts main restaurant kids club main pool hot dogs nightly entertainment
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Holiday inn Resort montego bay Jamaica.
Well let's start by saying IHG should be a shame of their selves the way this is so out dated rooms are very dirty and perhaps unsure one would say.My wife and I travel alot and i promise you this is one resort we will never visit again.I am sure we will get a beautiful made up response from the Holiday inn Resort. People what ever you do please do your research on this resort before you make selection. And by the way the most of the staff seem to be very very angry about doing there job.I like to point out to super staff out many I came in contact with. Joseph at the jerk hut great employee and very professional. Dalesa the server that worked the buffet area simply awesome I hope some day she would become rich and be very successful. HANG in there to both of you one day life will change for the better.

4  Thank elthompson92
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

So the last time I went to Holiday Inn in the beautiful country of Jamaica, I had a great time. So because of this I had to return again even if it was 5 years later. The location still looked fabulous with calm, clean, stunning views. Staff,warm, friendly and hospitable as ever. Entertainment captivating and memorable. The new night time club like location on site was a delight to find. Have a few drinks and a quick or long boogie and drag yourself to your own hotel room, nice touch and enjoyable. Food and drink the majority of the whole day was a major luxury and all the cocktails you can manage.. hmmmmmmm.. truly satified. I even had other friends and family stay based on my previous recommendation, so it was nice to share my experience 2nd time round with them.

My only advice to the managers of Holiday Inn would be to place mini fridges in the standard rooms and allow customers the flexibility to have cool drinks/water without having to leave the room for refreshments every time. Also try have more authentic Caribbean meals on offer, it obviously nice to have options, but we are in JA so to experience the real food is essential.

Thank you to all the staff who made sure me and my daughters stay for 2 weeks was better than the 1st.

Will be back again.. a lovely place to go, you know what you are getting and happy with it.. so go and enjoy yourself.

Date of stay: July 2018
5  Thank Sohistc8d
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My family of 2 adults with 12 and 8 year old daughters enjoyed our two weeks in the sun very much. The Jamaican people were very welcoming and friendly, especially with my 8 year old who has ADHD, and made us feel at ease straight away. It is refreshing that they are not constantly expecting tips (these are included in your holiday price) as staff are everywhere else you go.

On arrival we were shown to our family suite on the top floor of building 1, we paid and upgrade for this and it did not disappoint. We had a view of the sea, pool and the mountains from our balcony. It had more space as the top floor rooms are bigger, the air conditioning was effective (yet noisy) and the beds were comfortable. The only thing which would have made it better would be single beds instead of the double for the children. It had an open plan bedroom and living room, a balcony and a bathroom with an over bath shower.

The all inclusive service was great as you could eat and drink from 6am until 1am. There was a large buffet restaurant, which was less busy if you visited at the start of meal times. There was always a courteous hostess to find you at table and waiting staff to supply you with water and any other drink on request. You could have as much food from the buffet as you liked and there is a kids menu; usually including pasta and sauce, pizza, nuggets and chips: the kids weren’t very keen on the seasonings which were on everything. The buffet had a range of Jamaican specialities and there was always melon, pineapple and papaya available for any meal time. Matthew the chef was very good and always looked out for our youngest. His speciality seems to be omelettes; I just need to see if I can make them as well now I’m home. I would recommend the breakfast oatmeal smoothies - delicious! If you get the chance, go upstairs for breakfast or evening meal where its less busy and you get a more personal service.

The beach setting was idyllic, especially near the Jerk Hut where you get the best fish in the sea and the best food with the best service - look out for Orrett, he’ll give you a piece of bread to feed the fish.

The pool area was very noisy, with entertainment and plenty of excited children - ours were probably the noisiest! There is a volleyball net, two bridges to swim under and a shallow paddling area with a waterfall. The kids loved it but we were worried about the cleanliness of the water as we all got stomach upsets and eldest daughter developed an ear infection. The pool was closed for treatment in the morning the day after we reported the ear infection to the nurse.

The kids club was fantastic. It was free, air conditioned and able to accommodate my youngest (unlike any mainstream club in the UK). She loved going and couldn’t wait to be booked in. She just went in the afternoons but they were always pleased to see her.

My husband and I went to the adults area and visited the swim up bar and must have worked our way through all the cocktails and shooters in two afternoons. It was lovely to have the opportunity to be ourselves and talk to other couples about something other than the kids.

The entertainment in the evening was good if you like drums, reggae music and making an idiot of yourself on stage! The best night was the Emancipation when we had a disco on the beach - just don’t ask the DJ for Little Mix.

6  Thank karene5173
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Jamaican hospitality is always on it's best behavior at this all-inclusive resort for an affordable cost (tipping is not allowed). Airport transport is also provided. Here the drinks are plentiful and generous, the choices for dining options (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are expansive and offer distinctive selections of a variety of cuisines and restaurant settings (some require advance reservations).

For families there are a all kinds of kids programs which also include optional the adult involvement. For those who just want to relax without kids there are adults only areas. The resort is kept sparkling clean including the beaches and water sports facilities. A along the beach promenade are kiosks for hard and soft beverages accompanied by snacks bars and desert bars all waiting to serve you with a smile. Speaking of beaches - the resort has a private island you can wade to for the privacy of sunning au sans. There are also work-out facilities, tennis, volleyball courts, and much more!

If you want to leave the reservation for some island side trips the concierge service is there to book your arrangements based on your requirements. Tipping your guides for good service is suggested. Taxi services is highly competitive within the facility, it's cheaper if you hail a ride on the street but you may suffer the wrath of the in-house drivers doing so.

Room tip: Rooms on second floors are quieter. Rooms further from the main pool areas are better for less kids sounds and PA system noise.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Clyde346
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I just returned from the property and would like to tell everyone that they should visit, as value for money is fantastic. The beach is great a bit to much see grass, however, the island where you can chill is very different and perfect to get away from the beach crowd.
Staff like Vivia Bailey and her team, Camisa Scott Shettlesworth the host of the Italian restaurant, chef Orrett and Joseph of the Jerk Shack are the best at feeding you and keeping you restock with drinks and conversation.
Raquel with the tour operations goes above and beyond to service your needs. Head chef Omar Gordon keep all the food flowing at all facilities and has time to meet and speak to all guest, he walks the property and picks up garbage, cups, plates and treats the property like his home.
I was very reluctant to go when my wife booked this property but once I got there the room was beautiful, shower off the chain with the jets coming at all your parts, room size a suite was perfect for my wife and two kids as they brought in a small bed and the couch had a pull out bed as well, so we very accommodated.
Service from house cleaning, bar service, food service personnel was just as gracious and helpful as any five-star property as it is the Jamaica way and personality.
I will admit as is said when I heard it was Holiday Inn I was not happy with the brand from the past experiences 10 years ago however the Hendrickson group have done an outstanding service and job in building a facility that will bring me back a few more times.

Room tip: Get a suite facing the ocean and beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family