“Affordable luxury”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
outdoor entrance
pool
on the patio - overlooking the ocean
on the patio at night
master bedroom
downstairs bedroom - allspice
yummy!!
early morning fruits
ackee and salftish  - jamaican breakfast
Dave - our loving driver
Event held at Nutmeg - IWF (Dine around)
event held at Nutmeg - IWF
breakfast anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ian J
New York City, New York
“Affordable luxury”
Reviewed May 23, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Our weekend at Nutmeg Villa was truly magical. Walking through the doors and seeing the view for the first time took our breath away. Every moment after that followed suit. I'll tell you all about it and share a few tips at the end.

The house is gorgeous and well kept. The view alone is worth the price, but the house and the grounds are equally stunning. Its not on the beach, but you have quick access to the beach and other amenities (golf, tennis, gym, spa) at Half Moon Bay resort which is just a 5 minute drive down the hill.

The rooms are large and nicely designed. The beds are comfortable. Each room has a private bathroom. 4 rooms open to the view of the ocean. The other 2 rooms area bit simpler.

Everyone on the house staff is friendly and accommodating. They make you feel like family and bend over backward for any request you have. We had a special birthday dinner on our last night, and they let us decorate the house and make the event extra special.

Meals at the house were a treat also. The chef put out an excellent breakfast every day as well as some other meals during our trip. My recommendation would be to stick to the menu offered by the house. We had originally thought about making some meals ourselves, but the house staff congregates in the kitchen, making it awkward to use the kitchen. We were so happy with the meals provided by the chef that it didn't matter. It was great to relax and not have to worry about meals while we were there.

I came here with a group of friends for my wife's birthday. There were 9 adults (2 couples and 5 singles) and there was ample room for everyone. We were told the house has slept up to 19. That would have to be pretty cramped. Comfortably, I would say 5-6 couples or 3 families with children. Splitting the nightly cost amongst a group and its a bargain.

*Tips*

1. I would recommend eating at the house for breakfast and lunches, and going out for dinner. The chef suggests a daily price per person.
2. The availability of meat and produce on the island can be inconsistent, so its best to stick to the recommended dishes on the chef's menu.
3. Whatever you do, work out a plan in advance with the chef. I was shocked by the grocery bill at the end of the trip.
4. If you're with a group, I recommend hiring a driver for the entire stay. It lets you come and go as you please. That said, Dave, the driver recommended by the house, is a little tough to deal with. Negotiate your price before you go, and get a firm estimate. We were surprised by extra costs at the end.
5. Also be warned, gas was not included in the day rate. Our driver expected us to accompany him to the gas station and pay for gas refills. This happened on the morning of a road trip while the group was sitting in the car. It set us back 30 minutes on our timetable which was extremely inconvenient. So again, be sure you negotiate the terms upfront, and get it in writing if you can.
6. We were told the house has slept up to 19. That would have to be pretty cramped. Comfortably, I would say 5-6 couples or 3 families with children. Splitting the nightly cost amongst a group and its a bargain.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the rooms, the chef, the butler
Liked least: there were some additional costs for food and transportation that we didn't expect.
Large groups People with pets
28 Apr 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detail review. I am so happy that overall you had such a great time.
I am not sure where you saw that the house could sleep up to 19 people, that is so incorrect. Please do let me know where you see that advertised as it sleeps 13-15 people comfortably. I would like to ensure that I correct that information.
Also, my apologies for the misunderstanding about the cost with our driver. I did send you his policy and rate with all the details. Gas was included in your daily rate but it all depends on how often you use the driver for the day and also how many long distance trips you make during your stay. The driver told me afterwards that you did make several long distance trips and seemed to have a blast. Please do let me know if there is anything that I could do for your next trip.
Beach_365
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Villa”
Reviewed May 22, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Beautiful villa! From initial enquiry every request and query was handled promptly and Charmaine was a pleasure to deal with, her staff followed suit and we were thoroughly taken care of throughout our stay.

The villa is large and spacious with a private pool and gardens to boot. There are 5 bedrooms on the main floor, 2 living rooms, outdoor seating area and outdoor dining area. There is also a 6th room on the lower level of the villa which can be used as a games room and/or additional bedroom. All the bedrooms are of good size with the master bedroom boasting its own jaccuzi and separate living area.

The villa itself is very open so just be cautious in the evenings if you are prone to mosquito bites but all the bedrooms can be as open or closed as you wish and all have air conditioning.

The staff were amazing! So helpful and friendly throughout our stay…Ms Kathy and Ann were great, doing our rooms up twice a day and taking care of our laundry. Chef Morgan was fantastic and met all of our requests without question and cooked us up some yummy food, the best part was most definitely seeing his Jamaican dance moves! Carlington, Wayne and Garret were also very lovely!

So sad to leave but most definitely will come back next time I am in Jamaica, thanks all for a great experience!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing
Families with young children Large groups
15 May 2016
Thanks so much for an awesome review
We look forward to your return in the near future
You are now family !
Crystal B
Queens Village, New York
“PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My family and I traveled to Jamaica for my grandmother 's memorial. We chose to stay at Nutmeg for that weekend, we spent 4 nights at Nutmeg villa to be exact. This was one of the best weekends of my life!!!! The experience we had a Nutmeg Villa was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! The service was impeccable. The staff at Nutmeg , the housekeepers Ann and Ms. Kathy, the butler Carlington and Chef Morgan were SUPERB. Chef Morgan is one of a kind, his meals were delicious and he provided us with a variety of meals to choose from, all with Jamaican flavors. Our Seafood night was an Absolute delight and the highlight of our stay. The staff was friendly and very respectful. My family and I are still reveling in how beautiful the weekend was and we are so thankful to Mrs. Charmaine and her staff for providing us with the perfect place to come together as a family and celebrate together as one.

13 Feb 2015
Thanks Crystal for an awesome review
Glad that you and your family enjoyed the time at Nutmeg and I am so happy that the staff far exceeded your expectations
Look forward to your return soon
D G
Thunder Bay
“Real Jamaica vibe”
Reviewed January 19, 2015 for a stay in February 2014

Having been frequent visitors to the beautiful island of Jamaica, our last visit was exceptionally memorable. Nutmeg villa is beautifully located with a marvellous view of the blue Caribbean ocean. All rooms are calm, private and look out on the ocean. Soft breezes, garden flowers and birdsong create an oasis of calm where one can unwind, chat with friends and family and enjoy the superb hospitality offered by the Nutmeg staff.
The cuisine and service is beyond compare.
We are looking forward to our return in February 2015!

Travelling group: Friends
14 Feb 2015
Thanks so much for the lovely review.... As frequent visitors to the island, we are so happy that you found Nutmeg to be exceptionally memorable.
We look forward to your return....
One Love
Reviewed September 16, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff was perfect!!!
Liked least: the bugs came out at night
Large groups
14 Feb 2015
Thanks for such a great review.
Please hurry back!!
Sharon G
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Close friends and family vacationed together at the Nutmeg Villa. The staff provided phenomenal service without effort. Each member of the staff was alert to each of our parties needs. The level of attentiveness was innate. I received drinks that were sugar free to accommodate dietary restrictions without asking. Special desserts were also provided when they figured out that I was lactose intolerant. Any hint of specialized needs were catered to by staff. I was treated and felt like royalty. We were greeted each time we returned to the villa as if we were family returning home. I can not wait to return and have more of my family experience how the villa made my trip to Jamaica more than a vacation; they made it a storybook adventure.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff - they are both personable and professional.
People with pets
6 Sep 2014
Thanks for such an awesome review. We are so happy that you had an exceptional time.... look forward to your return.
GeriY137
Chicago, Illinois
“Best. Vacation. Ever.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

It was like a dream! Nutmeg Villa is ABSOLUTELY the way to go if vacationing in Jamaica.
I booked this trip with my sisters, mother, and a few friends. We were meeting up with other relatives who were staying at a nearby hotel resort for a wedding. But let me tell you, I didn’t envy their accommodations one bit. My 7-day stay was such and wonderful and exhilarating experience. We can’t wait to go back if for nothing else but the villa experience Nutmeg stye!
In fact, we were already planning our next trip to come back before we even left! We have vowed to do whatever it takes, we WILL find our way back to Nutmeg Villa!

The villa sits near the top of a hill with an absolutely breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Beautifully appointed rooms don french patio doors inviting you to swing them open to take in what can be described as nothing less than PARADISE! I’m telling you, every morning I pinched myself because it was so surreal!

First of all, I was most impressed with the attention to detail by the staff. It started even before we arrived with our arrangements being set for pickup from from the airport by our personal driver. When we arrived at the villa we were warmly greeted by staff who were lined up waiting for us at the entrance. Immediately, we were served the customary rum punch and offered a sweetly-scented cool cloth as our bags were whisked away to our rooms.

As we got settled, Germaine, our butler, unbeknownst to us, quickly began taking mental notes of our likes and preferences and right away began catering to our every want and need. I swear, I was beginning to think he could actually read our minds—if I was feeling like a snack or a drink, in a matter of moments one would arrive as we sat in the comfort of the open veranda. Germaine was so friendly and always extremely professional. He would set our
al fresco dining area beautifully every morning and every evening while our personal chef prepared the most succulent meals.

Chef Morgan introduced us to many of the native dishes and even took our requests. Every dining experience was a feast for the eyes AND stomach! He served Escovitch with Festival, Chicken Curry, Callaloo (a spinach dish) and the most delicious Coconut Rice I’ve ever tasted. His presentation was exceptional! I even spied him early mornings gathering fresh mangoes for breakfast from the lush grounds that boasted many different native fruit trees, including banana, plantain, bread fruit, lime and lemon. Chef Morgan even took the time to recommend and personally select spices and spirits for us to take back home. Now that’s what I call a personal touch! He and Germaine make an excellent team!

However, they were not the only dream team that made this vacation DIVINE. Our Head of Household, Sharnett, and her assistant, Ms. Kathy, were amazing! They moved quickly and quietly tending to our rooms every morning, changing our linens daily and turning down our comforters every evening leaving a fresh flower from the garden on our pillows. Ms. Kathy was warm and sweet always greeting you with a huge smile. And Sharnett stopped at nothing to make sure you were experiencing the highest level of comfort.

What I loved most about this staff is that they served with pleasure, never once did they make me feel as if I made a request or asked anything that would be an imposition. But then they never left much for me to ask of them. If it started to sprinkle and they noticed your swimsuits drying on the balcony they would swiftly gather them and hang them in your bathroom before you could even stand up. And though each room had a safe, which we used, never did any of our many electronic devices or valuables turn up missing. Even if we left them out for hours, all day, they would always be right where we left them. I truly appreciated that.

We had a couple of planned excursions to nearby Negril and Ocho Rios, and plenty of impromptu trips to the beach and out shopping. Our personal driver, Clayon, was always punctual, polite and a pleasure to ride with as he acted as our tour guide showing us points of interest and offering cultural and historical facts along the way. Oh yeah, the beach! I would be remiss if I did not mention that the villa has a membership to one of the most exclusive resorts in the world! And its literally five minutes away! Half Moon not only offers golfing and access to their pristine beaches (free and free), but also kayaking, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, diving and horseback riding (for a nominal fee). So, really, it was THE BEST of both worlds!

Geri W.
Chicago

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attentiveness of the staff and attention to detail.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
6 Sep 2014
Thanks Geri....heard you had great fun. Thanks for such an excellent evaluation
We look forward to your return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing