“Great View, Food and Service ”
Review of Chill Out Hut

Chill Out Hut
Ranked #16 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Our group of five ladies came here for dinner one evening shortly before sunset at the advice of our guide , Ugo. I'm so glad that we did take his advice! We sat right by the water, and sipped on our cool drinks while we waited for food and witnessed a magnificent sunset. Jamaican time is just fine with us so we didn't mind waiting. Our waitress was very skilled at dealing with our large party, and was delightful. The food was delicious as well. So, if you're in the neighborhood, I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed April 29, 2016

When we arrived we were quickly seated and our orders taken, Lookijng around, the place was nicely set out and very pleasant the waiter was friendly and handed out the menus immediately this where it went wrong. The menu was uninspiring and ordinary I ordered shrimp cocktail (big mistake) the shrimps were bland and the salad limp and tasteless, the main course I ordered spare ribs an improvement on the started the ribs were big and meaty but unfortunately they completely covered in a strong sweet and sour sauce that overbalanced the dish. As regards the dessert although it was on the menu they did'nt have any. Too sum a really nice place to drink and relax but don't go for the food.

Reviewed April 19, 2016

The Chill Out Hut was very highly recommended to us so we were looking forward to it. The restaurant was full on the Friday night that we went. Unfortunately the staff appeared to be overwhelmed and unable to cope with the crowd. It took nearly an hour and a half for us to get our food and that was only after our guide camped out in the kitchen and berated the staff constantly. I think that if you are going on the weekend, it is better to eat first and go there for drinks. The location and ambiance are really good and the reggae band was great. So our only mistake was going there for dinner.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

My uncle took me here after picking me up from the airport. Oh my gosh is it beautiful. If locals approve and eat here, it's worth going. The food was flavorful and the beach clean and quaint. You can even see little fish close to the shore. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

I ordered curry lobster on my visit. Was pricey considering being in the Caribbean??? but the food was great. Hopefully next time I can stay abut longer to enjoy the view