You can read my review of their sister resort, Fun Caribbean. I booked with RDMB through Expedia and knew the risk of being bumped. They tried to have us spend all 5 nights at Fun Caribbean, but I made them let us come back for 2 nights. Those 2 nights turned out to be the best of our trip--so this would have been a 4-5 star review if not for the overbooking scam. When we came back to RDMB, we spoke with tourists from Canada and the UK who arrived a day after us and had no problems checking-in--so U.S./Expedia users beware!
After three nights at Fun Caribbean, RDMB is by far a better resort for the money. There is so much waterfront that you can swim/snorkle in, including a section almost completely free of seaweed/coral and deep enough that you can't touch the bottom. The water really is the aqua blue color in photos, and all rooms have an amazing view. Mattresses, towels, and linens are a little worn, but I was able to sleep (and I'm picky about mattresses). There are hammocks and lounge chairs and couches spread throughout the property. There weren't as many bars as Fun Caribbean, but the bartenders were all excellent (Fun Carib had some so-so ones). Between the bartenders and the entertainment staff, we had a great time in the evenings, even on the night there was a tropical rainstorm that forced everyone inside.
We didn't try the a la carte restaurant--mostly because the buffet was SO GOOD in comparison to Fun Caribbean. It wasn't gourmet, but there was always something appealing. The salads, in particular, all tasted great. The beach grille had good jerk chicken for midday snacking. There weren't quite enough dining room staff, so tables weren't cleared quickly. But the dining room had a nice ambiance, so we didn't mind the slower service.
Overall I'm really glad we had a chance to spend time at RDMB--it was exactly what I wanted, which is why I booked it in the first place. I would go back because the value for your money is excellent, but I will never book a Royal Decameron resort through Expedia again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive