We loved our room, maybe a little outdated, but it was clean, which is what matters! We had garden view, and it was beautiful!! The resort is the perfect size, a little smaller from what we are used to, but was perfect because everything was close, and you could easily run into your new friends that you made while at the resort.
ALL of the staff, down to the maintenance guys (who are ALWAYS cleaning or doing something to further beautify the property) were so friendly.
We were never hassled by the vendors on the property....NEVER! We did buy two bracelets for one of them, and she took 10 minutes with us telling us wonderful stories of her life in Jamaica. She is truly a gem.
The bartenders...more than accommodating. They would whip you up whatever you could dream of with their wide selection of liquors. Orlando and Georgette were our two favorite bartenders.
The entertainment staff....PHENOMENAL! Donkey (who has an adorable similarity in looks to Donkey from Shrek) was hilarious...LOVED him. The girls (Brittany and the one who always wears a hat) were absolutely amazing. THey can shake it better than anyone I've ever met. Also have to give a shout out to my FAVORITE gal I met while there, Laurel. We had so much fun playing pool volleyball with the staff. THey even got my husband (who is not easily taken away from his pool barstool, to play games. There was always something fun going on! It is amazing how close you feel to the entertainment staff by the end of the trip...you truly meet friends that you can't wait to come back and visit.
The ONLY reason I am not rating a 5, is because the food was just ok. Some of it was super delicious (the steak at the ala carte restaurant), and some of it was just kind of blah. Over all, this place is absolutely amazing, and we cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive