New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Polkerris Bed and Breakfast

Polkerris Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 37 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
los angeles
“Lovely staff, delicious breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

To start, Jeremy was responsive with my multiple email questions and happily arranged our airport transfers.

When we got in, the place was beautiful and clean. The wide verandah had a beautiful view of the Bay and our room was clean and very comfortable. When we checked in at 11 am, our room was not ready yet so Clover immediately served us with sorrel juice. What a nice welcome.

Breakfasts were also delicious. We started with fresh fruits and juice. Then, we were given a choice of eggs and bacon (or pancakes etc.). I opted for typical Jamaican breakfast. The saltfish and ackee were so fresh, as were the fry fish. Clarissa was a gracious host and she even made sure that the fry fish I tired was a whole fish as opposed to just filets.

The location was also perfect. It was above hip strip so it was accessible to bars and restaurants and Doctor's Cave Beach. But, it was also high enough that we did not hear any of the thumping music from hip strip. The walk from Polkerris to hip strip was safe because we went through their other properties as a short cut so we felt safe walking home from the strip to Polkerris at night.

Overall, it was a lovely stay thanks to the owners, Clarissa and Jeremy, and a lovely staff.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank sazyrock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I cannot express how wonderful my stay was at Polkerris. The owners Jeremy and Clarissa made my husband and I feel so warm and welcome. I felt like a VIP. This was our first visit so we tried two different rooms: the queen room and the king room. The king was quite bit larger. Can you say walk in closet, mini fridge stocked with filtered water and a filled ice bucket provided nightly. Everything sparkles at this hotel - eating off the floor would not be a stretch. The botanically exquisite pool and pond with waterfall - oo la la.

The absolute best part of my stay there was the delicious breakfast on the balcony whilst facing the incredible ocean views. Breakfast was beyond ordinary: fresh fruit (not of a can) juicy wedge of Papaya, whole peeled banana, slices of pineapple, half of a grapefruit - pith removed- and pulp prepared for eating and that's the starter. Security was no joke here. Jeremy and Clarissa worked very hard to meet your needsI love this place, I cannot wait to go back. I may try for the summer. Wonderful property, wonderful host and hostess, wonderful staff. Eat every meal at the Pelican Grill and go to Doctor's cave beach and Margueritaville. All these places are within walking distance.

No Hip Strip noise will disturb you incredible sunset views. It adjacent to the Hip Strip just not too close to have to listen to reggae house club music all night long.

Room Tip: The King room is the best. Spacious, walking closets and the King Bed
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
southern nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I just came back from staying at this B & B for 5 days. Fantastic!! Everyone we met, Clover, Charlie, Deb and Chris, Jeremy and Clarissa, were wonderful and made sure we wanted for nothing!! Jeremy and Clarissa were on their own vacation when we first arrived there. We were met by Deb and Chris and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Plus giving us some rides when we needed to go to a Wedding at Secrets and when we wanted to Zip Line!
Breakfast is to die for, it will be your favorite meal of the day. We jumped in the pool almost every night. We walked Montego Bay and ate at The Pelican Restaurant. We ate at the Pork Pit and at Scotchies. We hung out at Doctor's Cave Beach, had some food and drinks there. All but Scotchies was in walking distance. It was a relaxing vacation......lovely, thanks Polkerris!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trrmht
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed here a week and thoroughly enjoyed myself however, the Polkerris has a slight disadvantage being that it's on a residential road with no pedestrian traffic. *It is not safe to walk down Corniche Rd to Gloucester "the hip strip" after dark. The road is not lighted well and there are abandoned lots along the way. Take a taxi or have a taxi number to call for them to pick you up. The Polkerris was very comfortable and secure. Entry and exit out of your room was by digital key/keypad. Jeremy and Clarissa were very nice and always on the property. Clarissa will call and ask you what you would like for breakfast daily and breakfast is usually ready at 8:30 that morning. Fresh fruit included: bananas, mangos, papayas, pineapples, star fruit, and kiwi. You could also have a Jamaican breakfast or your typical eggs and bacon, waffles, pancakes, french toast. Frech toast was very good as well as the Jamaican breakfast of ackee and codfish with boiled dumplings. Hot tea, orange juice, and water were also available for breakfast. * If you want any beverages such as: Pepsi, Coke, Ting, Sprite you will have to get them from the hip strip area/ touristy stores because if not they dont have it at Polkerris. You do have a mini refrigerator with an ice bucket and glasses. The gardens on the property are beautiful and maintained daily. The electricity did go off a few times and stayed off up to an hour. Polkerris is a nice place for couples that would like a very quiet getaway. Polkerris is equipped with security cameras all over the property. I highly recommend the Polkerris.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and nice!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank island_gyal78
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Warning! If you don't want to cry like a baby when it's time to leave the Polkerris, then don't stay here!! This place is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about it!. The hosts, Jeremy and Clarissa are just wonderful people! My contact with them started via email and the great vibes continued from there! I was met at the airport by Chris who was waiting for me with a sign that had my name and flight number on it. (I felt special.) He greeted me with a smile and then proceeded to take my bags. He had a very nice, clean, and cool vehicle. He had great conversation for me during the ride to the b & b. Once arriving at the Polkerris, I was greeted by Clover who handed me a nice cold glass of lemonaid and by Kevin the maintenance man for the property who took my bags up to my room. The property is very secure. I was impressed and felt very comfortable being there!! I got the room upstairs with the view of the bay. I believe it was room 5. It's the one with the King size poster bed in it. The room was fabulous! Very spacious and very clean. The bed was so very comfortable. The whole property was clean, well kept, and very pretty! Every morning or the night before I was asked what I wanted for breakfast. The food was always always delicious and well presented!! The property itself is up a very bumpy and rocky road that is right off the Hip Strip. That made it very easy and convenient to walk to the clubs, restaurants, and stores that are located on the Hip Strip. Doctor's Cave beach is maybe a 5 minute walk from Polkerris. This location is the best! While it's close to the strip, it's far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of the strip. You can order lunch and dinner from their restaurant, The Pelican, and they will deliver it to you, or you can just simply take the short walk down the back steps and and you will be right there! The food there was GREAT!! I stayed there for 2 weeks and I did NOT want to leave. It's very homey and private and inviting! The housekeeping was great. My room was always cleaned and fresh towels were always available in a timely manner. I can't say anything negative about this place. When I read the previous review, I thought to myself......no place can be this great where everyone gives it thumbs up. I was wrong!! I would definitely stay here again!! Oh fyi they have 2 cats Baby and Muzzy just in case you have allergies to cats. Also you get fresh flowers everyday in your room!

Room Tip: Get upstairs King bedroom! It has best view and is close to pool and where breakfast is served!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Sweetie0368
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We booked a stay here based on a friend's recommendation and we loved the place! We were in the lower building. Perched just above the hip strip, the poolside view is breathtaking...easily a screensaver.

The staff is as pleasant as you could imagine.

The grounds and rooms were immaculate and well-secured. The room slept well, with no noise from outside.

Poolside breakfast each morning was hearty and perfectly presented.

I recommend Polkerris without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

the atmosphere was very relaxing and pleasnat to add the rooms were quite inviting with a warm and refreshing setting to top it all the small waterfall on the stone walls at the poolside is something to beholdt quite tranquilising
a breathtaking experience