“Italy, Jamaican style”
Review of Caffe' Da Vinci

Caffe' Da Vinci
Ranked #20 of 118 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Description: Authentic Italian led by Alessandra Bartolini, Pizza, Caribbean Cuisine,Cafe, Italian Wine, Bar Home made Bread, Pasta, Sauce & dessert We open for BREAKFAST - LUNCH - DINNER
Reviewed April 12, 2018

We visited this restaurant many times in a 2 week + visit to Ocho Rios. We kept going there because we had a positive experience every time we went.
The menu has a good range and we explored most of it! The starters, bruschetta based were simple but tasty, but it was the main courses and pasta dishes which really delivered. They were really good.
The atmosphere there was quiet and relaxed, which was quite a unique experience as most of Ocho Rios is rarely quiet! The restaurant is built on a wooden frame and the wood seems to absorb all the external noise, so you can actually here the crickets, frogs and birds all around you chirping away.
The service was excellent on every visit. Dillon (Dylan?) served us every time in the evenings and was great. He remembered our favourite wine (good choice of wines by the way) and was very attentive without being fussy. (ie he provided an anti-mosquito candle under the table every evening).
We had never been there for lunch but tried it on our last day. We each had a salad to start and then one pizza, shared between us and two glasses of white wine. Pizza was excellent and more than enough for two. Total cost was J$4,400 which is about £25? Great value and, in the absence of Dillon, great service from Marcel. (example: he let my wife sample the white wines before she chose).
Suffice to say that we've travelled quite a bit, and to Italy several times, and this little Italian oasis was good enough to remind us of Italian food we've enjoyed elsewhere.
Give it a try if you want a quiet couple of hours in Jamaica, enjoying some very good food and service.

AlessandraBartolini9, Owner at Caffe' Da Vinci, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your amazing review,

our staff especially Delon :-) , thank you very much.

It is been a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you again

from Alessandra & da Vinci Family

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is tucked away in the Island Village complex and initially I was a bit anxious about mosquitoes because it is surrounded by water.

However, this restaurant was so good in so many different ways that we tried it anyway. I am so relieved that we did. The service was absolutely outstanding and the staff even brought me a special anti-mossie candle just in case. It turned out that my anxiety was misplaced as I did not see one mosquito in several visits.

The menu offers a good range of Italian pasta dishes with plenty of choice. The wine was about the same as in England and I would recommend the Valpolicella. The dish, which I found absolutely delicious and which I have now eaten three times is the Melanzane Parmigiana, the best I have ever tasted, served with a small fresh salad. My husband is still working his way through the menu but his favourite dish so far is the salmon in almond sauce, which is very unusual.

I would be very happy to eat at da Vinci every night because there are still other dishes I would like to try, even after several visits. Amazingly I am not bored with their menu and I also love the little pieces of toast and dip, which you are given pre- Appetizers, made of balsamic vinegar and herbs.
I would recommend this restaurant to any Italian food fans.

Alessandra B, Owner at Caffe' Da Vinci, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you ,Thank you so much for your
Amazing review, all staff members and Myself are very happy to hear about your experience, we are hope to see you again with new specials on the way

Grazie ancora

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Every time I take my daughter to go see a movie at the theatre in Island Village she makes sure that we go a little early so she can have lunch here. She loves the Carbonara Pasta. Staff is friendly and food is really good.

Alessandra B, Owner at Caffe' Da Vinci, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Thank you so Much for your nice review,we are pleased to have happy costumers,
And thank you to your daughter to be one of her favorite choices, in your next visit please let us know her name.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Saturday evening out Lobster Mornay, Tiramasu, a cople of drinks coffee. Immaculate service in pleasant quiet surroundings on the bank of the Turtle River.
Really nice and not expensive at around £30

Alessandra B, Owner at Caffe' Da Vinci, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely review
Hope to see you soon again

Reviewed March 7, 2018

Stopped for a quick lunch while passing through Ochie. Nice ambiance, decent service, good food. Shrimp are huge. only negative was when I requested Parmesan cheese they brought me grated Cheddar. If I had been told they were out and offered me cheddar I would have been more understanding. Training opportunity.

Alessandra B, Owner at Caffe' Da Vinci, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Good day

Thank you for your review, happy to hear about your good experience with us.
Regarding the cheese I will investigate, since we don’t use cheddar in our cuisine , thank you for the note .

Hope you will come to visit us soon again