Taste of Jamaica Authentic Tour
Review Highlights
The Essence of Jamaica

It was amazing, the tour guide was great, we had the rare opportunity to taste all the delicious... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Pr S
Tasting Jamaica

The tour guide, driver, drummer/dancer were wonderful. The tour guide was very knowledgeable about... read more

Reviewed August 23, 2018
CrystalBrown808
Fort Valley, Georgia

All reviews coffee plantation jerk chicken drummer plants culture jamaica mountains driver
Reviewed December 30, 2017

We went on the Taste of Jamaica tour and the guide was awesome we learned about plants, fruit and vegetables as well as coffee. This was by far the best tour we went on the tour guide was so knowledgeable. At the end of the tour we had Jamaican food which was prepared just for us and dance it was so much fun. The music was great as well as the dance what a fun few hours. A must if you go to Jamaica :)

Reviewed December 25, 2017

This was a great day from start to finish. Before booking our tour, I had several questions and received emails back very promptly. On the day of the tour, I contacted them to see if it was possible to have a special side dish that my son had come to like in Jamaica. I wasn't expecting anything, but later that day, at lunch, they gave my son a special side dish of rice and peas. Lascells and Vanessa were prompt on the pick up time and very friendly. Lascells is so knowledgeable and showed us all kinds of fruits and plants along our beautiful drive into the Fern Gully. Getting to taste all kinds of new fruits was great!! The coffee plantation was very interesting. Then, to end the tour, we stopped at the beach for a traditional Jamaican lunch. The food was fantastic!! My family also enjoyed the Jamaican dancing and music. It was a fabulous day for our whole family!! Also, my husband lost his phone at some point during the day. Upon returning to our hotel and realizing it wasn't there, I called Lascells, who checked the bus for the phone. He called me back to let me know that he found it and he drove to the hotel. I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Jamaica, wanting to see the culture through its food. Thank you very much!

1  Thank mmjboyer
Reviewed December 12, 2017

This trip was exactly what we were looking for! We went to the tour tour desk at our resort and asked if there was a day trip that would show us the flavour of Jamaica: the mountains and country side, the towns, homes and people of Jamaica. She offered a mini-bus trip, "A Taste of Jamaica." Off we went along the coastal plaines first visited by Columbus and up through the steep sided mountain valleys and hillsides above Runaway Bay, through the Parish of St. Anne's, home of Bob Marley. We were also provided an opportunity to learn about the coffee industry and to see the villages in the high places. An excellent lunch representative of Jamaican food was provided by the ocean and in the shade. A chance to participate in Jamaican dances was a terrific way to end a wonderful day. Lascells, our bus driver/tour guide was exceptional and knowledgeable as was his helper Vanessa. This tour was worth every cent and ideal for tourists with limited time in the country.

Bob and Dianne Feaver

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Very knowledgeable guide, very interesting, learned a lot about the Jamaican culture. They took us on a tour of the mountains to a coffee plantation and through the rain forest. It ended at a little house by the water for a taste of Jamaican food and singing and dancing.

Reviewed November 28, 2017

This is the best authentic tour we had as a family in many years. This is a super fun tour, the guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We started with a visit to the famous Blue Hole, this was to die for. We had the pleasure to swim in the blue fresh water from the natural springs in the mountains. We then went by the beach were we had the opportunity to taste Jamaican fruits, culture and history and also a very authentic meal on the beach. This tour allow us to sample many local fruits and also to visited the famous Blue Hole to swim. This is a excellent tour and is well worth doing if you are visiting Ocho Rios.

Thanks to Taste of Jamaica for an extremely fun fill tour.