“What an AMAZING excursion!! A must do while in Jamaica!!”

Taste of Jamaica Authentic Tour
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A Unique Taste and Showcase of our Culture, Music, Food and Lifestyle. Enjoy a breathtaking scenic drive away from the crowd of the City through Fern Gully and into the communities outside of Ocho Rios. Journey to the mountains, view some of Jamaica’s Flora & Fauna, visit a rustic coffee plantation and much more. Taste our World famous Blue Mountain Coffee. and partake in Jerk Chicken on the Beac
Reviewed January 10, 2018

My wife and I just went to Jamaica from 12/24-12/31 and while there we went on the Taste of Jamaica tour. Our primary driver and tour guide was absolutely amazing! He was fun and very knowledgeable of the area. As we were driving he would quickly stop and jump out to grab a leaf or piece of fruit from the plants growing wild along the roads to let us smell and taste all of the amazing things in Jamaica. We learned about all the different plants, fruit and vegetables as well as stopping at a coffee plantation. This was the best tour we went on and the tour guide was so knowledgeable. At the end of the tour we had authentic Jamaican food which was prepared just for us and owners of the establishment performed music and dance and even involved all of us on the tour...it was so much fun!! This is an absolute must do for anyone making their first trip to Jamaica!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"rainforest"
"stops"

Reviewed December 30, 2017

We went on the Taste of Jamaica tour and the guide was awesome we learned about plants, fruit and vegetables as well as coffee. This was by far the best tour we went on the tour guide was so knowledgeable. At the end of the tour we had Jamaican food which was prepared just for us and dance it was so much fun. The music was great as well as the dance what a fun few hours. A must if you go to Jamaica :)

Reviewed December 25, 2017

This was a great day from start to finish. Before booking our tour, I had several questions and received emails back very promptly. On the day of the tour, I contacted them to see if it was possible to have a special side dish that my son had come to like in Jamaica. I wasn't expecting anything, but later that day, at lunch, they gave my son a special side dish of rice and peas. Lascells and Vanessa were prompt on the pick up time and very friendly. Lascells is so knowledgeable and showed us all kinds of fruits and plants along our beautiful drive into the Fern Gully. Getting to taste all kinds of new fruits was great!! The coffee plantation was very interesting. Then, to end the tour, we stopped at the beach for a traditional Jamaican lunch. The food was fantastic!! My family also enjoyed the Jamaican dancing and music. It was a fabulous day for our whole family!! Also, my husband lost his phone at some point during the day. Upon returning to our hotel and realizing it wasn't there, I called Lascells, who checked the bus for the phone. He called me back to let me know that he found it and he drove to the hotel. I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Jamaica, wanting to see the culture through its food. Thank you very much!

1  Thank mmjboyer
Reviewed December 12, 2017

This trip was exactly what we were looking for! We went to the tour tour desk at our resort and asked if there was a day trip that would show us the flavour of Jamaica: the mountains and country side, the towns, homes and people of Jamaica. She offered a mini-bus trip, "A Taste of Jamaica." Off we went along the coastal plaines first visited by Columbus and up through the steep sided mountain valleys and hillsides above Runaway Bay, through the Parish of St. Anne's, home of Bob Marley. We were also provided an opportunity to learn about the coffee industry and to see the villages in the high places. An excellent lunch representative of Jamaican food was provided by the ocean and in the shade. A chance to participate in Jamaican dances was a terrific way to end a wonderful day. Lascells, our bus driver/tour guide was exceptional and knowledgeable as was his helper Vanessa. This tour was worth every cent and ideal for tourists with limited time in the country.

Bob and Dianne Feaver