“Would never go back ever..wicked people..”
Review of World of Fish

World of Fish
Ranked #93 of 117 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

My Hubby and I went to go have some lunch, I don't eat meat so he wanted to see if I would like this so called place "world of fish" they need to work on Customer service as well respect..just because we are from Jamaica doesn't mean we get treated differently. .I live in Toronto and come home from time to time to relax and live life stress free..well we stood up and all the staff was doing was talking..the moment these American people came in they quickly assisted them without even asking us..now I have no problem with anyone as everyone deservelse respect. .but wow...we sat down and my hubby was telling the lady that she was wrong with the way she treated us..she didn't care. .well I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt..I'm sure they spit in my food..but God doesn't sleep..I would never go there and I'm coming back with a group of friends in December and I'm sorry I will not go back there..I can't believe that no matter the color or where your from we should all be treated fairly and respectfully..and no one their was doing it..the lady made sure the Americans got what they needed honestly I would have given them a nice tip cause inside is OK and very cool inside..but I'm sorry this place needs a good Customer service course..I love my people and will always come home..but when your wrong your wrong and this place is 100% wrong..I truly hope the Manger will read this..I was so hurt my husband couldn't believe how they treated me much less him who lives there..it's not like we where beggers we work hard and wanted to enjoy I nice lunch..we did stay and try and spent money on the service reason being I didn't feel the need to ruin my meal that they may have spit in and I know for sure they did..but it's OK. .Plz if you teach good mannerism and customer service your.place overall is beautiful inside..but I'm sorry I had to give you 1 star cause I wouldn't have given any...Never again Plz. .I'm sure the out of towners had a better experience but it doesn't matter where we come from we all should be treated equally..

3  Thank Dont w

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The place is on James Ave in ocho Rios. They have the worst service and try to make you pay more than the advertised price. He one good thing about the place is the beverages are super ice cold!! No matter, the portions are way small. Do not go!!

1  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed January 21, 2012

For the price, it can't be beat. Good quality Jamaican food, decent price. Picnic tables to sit at.

2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Located right downtown, this restaurant serves a limited menu of Jamaican cuisine served quickly at a price which can't be beat. I had oxtail in gravy with rice & peas, coleslaw and a Red Stripe. My husband had fried chicken with -- you guessed it -- rice & peas, coleslaw and a Red Stripe. I can't remember the total bill, but it was less than expected and we were able to sit among locals and see the real Ocho Rios, not the fake image presented at Island Village or the resorts.

1  Thank joanpeace
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I used to be a regular at World of Fish as the dishes were excellent, however my last visit here left much to be desired. I ordered steamed fish with the regular sides and a glass of sorrel and was greeted by an employee that I was not familiar with. She took my order and told me that my food would be ready shortly. I received my bill and noticed that she tried to charge me 2000JMD for one order. I did not appreciate her attitude or her attempt to get more money out of me for an order that normally costs me about 700JMD. After exchanging words I paid what I normally pay and have not been back since.