“viewing property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cannon Villas
Toronto, Canada
“viewing property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I visited Jamaica in Feb.to view properties to host my wedding and accomdate guest. I must say I was extremely impressed with Cannon Villas, my fiance and I visited 2 other villa earlier that date he noted I was neither excited nor impressed, he suggested we visit Cannon villa he had been on the property before, I was hesitant and was not considering it because it has no pool but after talking with my sister who also lives in Canada and stated what do you have to lose by checking it out I decided to take a look at the property. Immediately upon arriving there my fiance said he could see the difference, my face lit up at how beautiful and well maintained the outdoor areas ( could do with some more flowers )were not to mention the beautiful beach steps from the villas. The staff were very courteous,helpful and polite gave us tour of three of the villas on the property and again I was extremely amazed at the clean well maintained, fresh and crisp smell of the rooms and as I mentioned to the staff the displays on the bed reminded me of being on a cruise, beautiful display of towels in different animal designs. Even my sister when I call her back to tell her about the villa told me she can see I have found what I was looking for this was due to the change of my voice tone and how excited I was compared to my previous calls after viewing the other 2 villas, I am definetely hoping I will be able to get this property to host my wedding in Aug.
Would love to hear feedback from anyone who had a wedding at this villa in last 3 years. Can email me @ whitemolly@rogers.com

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank babygirl1966

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

i just got back from my vacation in Jamaica at Cannons villa. When i drove in to the villa it was a beauty. The villa's were cozy and inviting. I stayed in Villa A right at the beach front and other family members stayed in the 4 bedroom villa. They were very clean. Our housekeeper Elaine was very welcoming. She was very friendly and went out of her way to make sure our stay was wonderful. Desmond was also great. We had lots of activities right on our private beach. The beach was never crowded. We were minutes from Ocho Rios town. My family and I loved Cannons Villa and we plan on visiting again. I would definately recommend staying at this villa. The bathroom could use a little updating but for the price and clean private beach who cares...lol

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank LParris
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

Amazing and clean beach, perfect for swimming, wading etc and it's NEVER CROWDED. The Canon Villas are relaxing, and very close to Ocho Rios. We have been here several times and invited friends to join us because we feel this is truly a Jamaican vacation. We enjoy the peaceful setting, amazing beach, great local meals cooked right there in your villa by a cook that is provided with the villa. We rented a car and went sightseeing whenever we felt like a change in scenery. If you prefer to take a cab the staff at the Villa will get one for you at a very reasonable rate, very quickly. No one is trying to sell you stuff on the beach.
Short walk to the Laughing Waters waterfall featured in Dr. No, incredible beach.

Steve - Toronto Ontario

• Liked — Quiet, friendly staff, the beach, the location, local foods, no buffet lines
  • Disliked — Gardens and grass needed water and some care
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,703 reviews

Been to Cannon Villas? Share your experiences!