Review Highlights
Yardie Tours in Ocho Rios Jamaica is Wondeful and Able to Personalize Tours

Booking with Yardie Tours from USA, prior to our trip, was extremely easy and they promptly replied... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Suzanne P
Simply the best

We have been to Ocho Rios Jamaica five times over the past decade andhave used Yardie Tours each... read more

Reviewed July 22, 2018
marine1967
Woodstock, Illinois

All reviews countryside tour coffee farm dunns river horseback riding spice man bob marley nine mile cruise ship white river sugar cane great tour company answer questions private tour jerk chicken green grotto caves personal tour shopping in ocho rios driver guide
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Our group of 8 vacationed in Jamaica the week of 12/27/17 - 1/3/18. The highlight of our vacation was our excursion to the Blue Hole with Christopher of Yardie Tours. Chris has a passion for his job and country. He picked us up from The Moon Palace Jamaica and gave us a guided tour on our way to and from the Blue Hole. THIS IS A MUST, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED! Don't forget to request Chris

2  Thank rgore13
Reviewed January 7, 2018

My family of 7 used Yardie Tours during a cruise ship visit to Ocho Rios to visit Sun Valley Plantation. It was a marvellous choice. Christopher our guide met us at the port as planned (it is super-quick and super-easy to get to the port entrance, unlike some more modern ports). He did a marvellous job of engaging the whole family (we are 3 generations ranging from 14 to 80) in learning about the Jamaican culture, economy, lifestyle and language, as he drove us to the Plantation. He had everyone in stitches as he talked about the difference between being told you "look trash" (a compliment) and "look like trash" (fightin' words!). And after a great visit to the plantation (see my other review), he showed us Fern Gulley, took us to the highest point in the area so we could get photos and a sense of the whole place, and took us for some local rum and coffee sampling and shopping. The only thing that didn't work out was a planned trip for a Vegan-friendly Jamaican meal (I think because the difference between vegan and vegetarian was not clear to everyone) - but in the big picture, this one disappointment was far outweighed by a really enjoyable several hours. Yardie and Christopher provided a thoroughly enjoyable introduction to Jamaica - one that my family agrees motivates us to want to return and see more of the country.

1  Thank ScottS5943
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We wanted to see "real life" in Jamaica, and this tour delivered. We arrived by cruise ship and were the only 4 people on this tour. Our van was clean, and our guide's driving was excellent - I never felt unsafe on the roads or any place that we visited. Our guide was friendly, and we peppered him with questions about everything from daily life, to fauna, to food, to tourism, to politics - he had an answer for everything we were curious about. We did a lot of driving around the countryside (imagine that! - and it's a beautiful drive) with short stops to see the spice man, a coffee plantation (small, but great presentation by Mr. Black about coffee and perfect since we didn't have time to go to the Blue Mountains), and the school children (teachers were very welcoming, and kids so well-mannered and curious!). I also asked to stop at a local bar to try some rum, and the next thing I know, we are pulling up to a car wash - a small "car port" (for lack of a better word) with a tiny bar and a few stools in the back corner - you can have a drink while waiting for your car to get washed. No rum there, but we had a great time drinking a beer and asking the bartender what the other dozen bottles were on the shelf.

I chose a 4-star rating instead of 5 because:
1. St. Ann's Bay felt a little rushed - we drove down the street with the market, but our guide said there wasn't much going on that day, so we didn't stop and interact with any vendors. We drove by the Christopher Columbus statue, which he pointed out, but we didn't stop for pictures. I'm sure we could have stopped if we asked, but since we didn't stop anywhere in this area, I feel St. Ann's Bay had no real purpose on this tour.
2. We were going to stop for lunch and get some jerk, but my husband mentioned he liked goat and oxtail, and our guide suggested a place to eat for those items instead. All good. Except the restaurant turned out to be at the Taj Mahal Shopping Center next to the cruise port, and I had had a more off the beaten path type of place in mind. Our guide did say that locals eat here all the time, it was just to touristy for me. (Yes, I know I'm a tourist on a cruise ship, but we search out places to get away from the crowds and learn about the country.)

Overall....really nice tour, and I would use Yardie again.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

As we pulled up for our horseback riding tour in Ocho Rios I heard a dog yelping and saw a man chasing a dog and beating it. The man ended up being our guide and his name is Danny. Was pretty upsetting :(

1  Thank bocadawn
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We arrived via cruise ship in Falmouth Jamaica. Daryl met us just near the port and we very kind. He took up in an air-conditioned clean van to the Green Grotto Caves and during the drive, he told us about Jamaica and the areas that we drove by. He was very knowledgeable and kind. He answered all of our questions, had wonderful recommendations and even took us to a beach and shopping after the caves. He went far beyond expectations and it was wonderful to spend the day with him. I would defiantly go back to Jamaica on another Tour with Yardie and ask for Daryl!!