“Breathtaking experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Jamaica Bobsledding Tour
Ranked #5 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: A must on the list of places to explore and activities to enjoy in Jamaica, the eco-friendly Mystic Mountain, 2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner for Ocho Rios attractions, is an unforgettable rainforest adventure for everyone in your family. A trip to Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios, St Ann, could take you towering as much as 700 feet above the rainforest above the picturesque shoreline, affording you a captivating bird's-eye view of the town, cruise-ship pier and turquoise waters as far away as St Mary. If you prefer, you could choose to zip line among the trees or bobsled down the mountain meandering in-between shrubs and trees.The rainforest tour, which is spread over 100 acres of lush lands and rated among the best experiences to have in Jamaica, provides you with an up-close glimpse and thrilling experience in a Jamaican rainforest near the beach. Plus, it gives you the chance to explore your adventurous side on one of four activities, including the SkyExplorer, the Bobsled Ride, the Canopy Zip Line and the unique Mystic Waterslide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Jamaica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Breathtaking experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We visited my sister's school mate in Ocho Rios and she recommended that we take our families to the attraction. We decided to go around 11am mid week. The exciting part was the unknown expectation of the tour. We read all the signs provided and ensured we followed the instructions and the rules.

Once we made our selection package we were ushered to the point of access to our journey. If you do not like heights, then this may not be your thing as once you start the journey there is no turning back. I was nervous with each point we passed, clinging to my bag and wondering how crazy I was. There was a cruise ship in the distance which started out very huge until it became a tiny white boat in the middle of the sea.

I believe I relaxed a bit when I read "smile for the camera" mid way to wherever, I took a shy look down and realized the top of the trees were pretty far also.

Finally we made land, and a whole new world was awaiting my discovery, gift shops, craft vendors, oh, important to the arrival is a massage as every muscle will be used during the trip up the mountain. After the massage I ventured down the hill to experience another crazy moment. The hardest part I think is perhaps the journey down hill as we delayed the return for a long while.

I perhaps won't hurriedly do it again but I recommend the tour to all as you need to capture the breathetaking experience of Mystic Mountain.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Classyladyja

• Czech first
Trinidad
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was the best money spent on my trip...I have a fear of hieghts and still had a blast.. If u are a Caricom country national please ask for the discount..we pay 91US which is the local rate...Please this rate is for the Tranopy...do it...was the tram ride up the mountain...It is breath taking, use of the water park, bob sled ride and the zip line...It was safe. Fun and full of memories...conquer your fears and do it...

Visited April 2012
New York, New York, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

try everything at least one time in you life. i dont like height but had to try it . dont close you eyes your being photograph so smile. zipline is off the hook.

Visited August 2011
Moncton, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“If you like excitment and a thrill this is for you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I loved the zip lining and bob sled....the fact that you had a couple hours on your own to do what you wanted...eat at restaurant on mountain etc. Was not crazy about sky explorer, I am terrified of heights but I am glad I did it.

Visited March 2012
essex
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Bob sled was a great experience. U can go as fast or slow as u like. Sleds can b linked together or separate. Well organised . Sleds go thru the rain forest a d then back up to where u started . Not much else at top of mystic mountain. U can get food and drink. There is a souvenir shop and toilets. There is also a hummingbird corner. U can see beautiful humming birds. Beware though the guy here will want a tip to let u look and take photos. Also there is a pool to cool off in and a look out tower. U can get the chair lift also from here which is a nIce relaxing experience. Going above the forest.

Visited March 2012