“Fantastic massage” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa Resort

More attraction details
Owner description: Pamper yourself at this luxurious spa resort located in a beautiful tropical gardens.
Syracuse, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had a 50 minute massage and also a couples massage with my boyfriend. Both were fantastic. At home I usually try to get a massage once a month, trying various providers. This said, the massages I received at this spa were among the best ever.

The spa is pricey- plus they do add a 12% service charge (this is not including tip!). If you have the ability, it was definitely worth a splurge.

Thompson, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

again, the spa resort was great, but once finished they tried to push you to purchase their products

Thompson, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had a manicure and my husband had a massage.Both was so nice. Monique the girl that did my nails is such a beautiful person ,inside and out..

Elkton, Maryland
“Great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Overall an excellent experience. Good service and great amenities.
Beach club was the best daytime hangout.

Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“We love Sandals and Jamaica! Dreamy combo mon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Sandals has got vacation packages down to a science. Everything from the welcoming package and briefing to the customer service and overall atmosphere make vacationing with Sandals a true A+.

The food at Sandals Ocho Rios is fantastic. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are all inclusive and there are several excellent spots you can choose from including Teppanyaki, Candle Lit dinners, Chinese, Italian, and of course Jamaican. The entertainment (outdoor dancing, group games, boat party, and beach games) is definitely a plus for this resort as for those who may not want to leave the resort will have plenty to do on the resort itself. My wife and I jammed our week in Jamaica with day trips which the concierge is very helpful in organizing, however, please be aware there is no haggling or discounts given with this concierge what so ever. I tried and pleaded, but regardless of whether we did 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 day trips, no discounts given. Boo.

The gym facility is excellent at Sandals Ocho Rios as well which is always a plus for me as I like to burn a few calories and encourage healthy living even when on vacation.

One thing I will caution other tourists coming to Jamaica about are the mosquitoes and bugs. We brought a nifty mosquito repellant electronic unit and still got bitten a few times.
On the up side, our room was wonderful, very private with it's own pool, and our maid was very kind and accommodating to our needs AND wants.

One other thing to note for guests, is that there are two parts to the resort. We were lodged in a part of the resort that was a bit far from walking from the main part of the resort so having to call and wait for a shuttle to pick us up was a bit cumbersome at times, though it did allow for us to relax and just enjoy the moment a bit more.

Overall, I highly recommend the Sandals Ocho Rios experience and will more than likely return if our budget and time allows! Thanks guys!

Visited October 2011