This is a wonderful resort. We had a villa on the manor side with Butler service. LOVED the manor side. We used 34,000 Air Miles (program US does not have - don't know why - but Canada & UK it does) So this trip cost us only the taxes of $765.00 for both of us. Nadia & LaToya were our Butlers and were WONDERFUL! We would highly recommend Butler Service, there was no waiting and they give you a cell phone so you can contact them easily. We did not know how much to tip our Butlers (tipping allowed for Butler Service) no one would tell us at the resort or when I emailed Sandals directly before leaving on our trip. So in the end after speaking with another couple who had Butler service, they were leaving $50 each so we left $100 each. We just hope it was enough. Reindeer at Kimonos was a young Eddie Murphy, he's very entertaining! Sean at the marketplace for dinner was great and we always ended up at Jamie's bar as the bartenders made the night - they were fantastic. If you remember staff members names at the resort, please write a review on this website and include their names. On the bus ride over from the manor side to beach side I was reading over a staff members shoulder & if their names are specifically mentioned on this website, they get prizes of some kind.
Food, no complaints - it was outstanding.
The Downside - peoples expectations - checking in, a guest was already almost yelling at the staff for something so stupid, I almost went up there and told the guest off but my husband held me back. Also, the way Sandals treat their staff. After speaking with various staff members (but none mentioned above) these hard working people, some working up to 15 hours a day, only make 50 US dollars a week! And Trainees - they apparently don't make anything at all until they are hired full time. Trainees can apparently remain trainees for 8 weeks or longer. I believe in tipping, but apparently if they accept tips and it is found out they will lose their job. Went to Cancun, we tipped everywhere, maid service $5 a day, $2 a drink, meals $5 - not much to us, but to these people it would make a world of difference. Really hope Sandals changes their policies on tipping. Tipping should be allowed if a guest wants to tip.
I am allergic to cats - and every now and then you will see a cat on the resort. These are strays but this is their home. Please keep in mind you are only there for 1 week. They are VERY scared of anyone and they don't mew or meow (I think purely out of fear) I managed to lure one over at the beginning of our trip at 4:00am & Late at night and I made sure to feed these poor critters everyday (you have to get creative, but it is possible) My neighbour was a real jerk and complained about the stray cats - if there is a next life, I hope he comes back as one.
Return trip at airport - get the express $30 each Mobay service. You get whisked through security & immigration and taken to beautiful room with drinks & snacks all included in the price. If you don't get this service, you will be waiting in hour (or longer) immigration line to get out of the country. Well worth the cost!!
That's it, that's my review. Enjoy the resort, you will have a great time no matter what room you stay in. Respect the wildlife & be kind to the employees. Our motto when we travel is leave with no expectations and you will have the time of your life! Now book your vacation - go, pack your bags and have a GREAT time!!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios