Turtle Beach Towers
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$528
Bookit.com
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hotels.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$405
US$339
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$75
US$64
Orbitz.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$67
Orbitz.com
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$65
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewswalking distanceperfect place to stayhome away from homehour securityapartment was cleantown centrecable tvjamaican dollarsdunns riverthe air conditioningcondohousekeepersupermarketmillicentshipspans5min
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife and I are not "gated 5 star resort" travelers, and this was our first trip to Jamaica....we now LOVE Jamaica!

On this trip, we were part of a group of friends that had apartments booked in different buildings at TBT. We stayed for a little over a week, and can tell you the staff were very friendly, but make sure you pick one of the apartment towers that are closest to the beach, not the entrance to the grounds. The towers next to the entrance, are also close Island Village, where Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is. Not a problem if you're out partying, but if you're not, it can be very loud......until sunrise!

Not all the apartment's decor and services are the same, as ownership of each apartment can be different, so be clear on what you want ! Some accommodations are much better than others, so is a good idea to obtain current pics of your exact unit, and not be disappointed as there is so much to enjoy in Jamaica.

Also a good idea to be clear with your booking agent on what alternatives will be available if your apartment doesn't match up with pictures, or if you have maintenance issues while staying there.

Room Tip: Be sure to book one of the two towers closest to the beach, and preferably an apartment facing the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gr8Canadian
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were very happy with our stay at TBT. Everything that we needed was there for us: dishes, towels, bedding, etc... If you are looking for an apartment style hotel, I would recommend staying here. Front Desk Staff was friendly and pool area is very nice! Just a few steps away you can enter Ocho Rios Beach for free. We booked through mysilversands.com and were able to view our apartment choices, I think this is a great feature.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Julieaw3
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Location is "key," and Turtle Beach Towers has a prime location within Ocho Rios. I loved my apartment in building 1 on the third floor and had a great view of the beach, as well as the pool n garden area. The breeze from the balcony was "to die for"...if only I had brought a kite with me...lol. I am not "new" to the north coast, nor am I an "average tourist." My ventures involve "cultural tourism." This apartment was extremely clean and well furnished. I had everything I needed and more. The kitchen was well stocked with all appliances, and I went to Seow's (local grocery store) and bought items for Saturday soup and Sunday supper...teehee. I honestly did not have to approach the "front desk" for anything, and the security guards were excellent - always making sure that one is supposed to be there. I never felt "unsafe," and I ventured all over the place, even late at night -- going as far as Priory Beach to a Sunday night dance. My only complaint was that my stay was too short, as I would have loved to stay in that apartment for a few more months...lol. My family is from the Portmore area of Jamaica, but there is no comparison to St. Ann's. I am in love with the "garden parish." The location of Turtle Beach Towers allows one to be adventurous without going too far; therefore, you save quite a bit on transporation. There are many quaint beaches along the road...Mahogany Beach is one of my faves. It has a lovely blend of local and foreign visitors. There is also a bar, gift shop and some water sports there. The water is nice and calm and flows from being cool to warm along the currents. This is a great location. Building one has excellent views, so don't hesitate to reserve an apartment. It's well worth it and provides a wonderful Jamaican experience.

Room Tip: Just ask for something facing the beach. However, the mountain view is also lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank TMommy4
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When we got to the room, which smelled bad, was sufficatingly hot (no AC), very dirty and it was unsafe. The windows had a hinge to lock but they didnt close all the way and you could easily put a wire hook into room and unlatch the lock. With not having a fully closed window, our room had lots of mosquitos in it.

I talked to the manager, told him I didnt like the room, I felt unsafe. He told me that I had nothing to worry about, there was not another room and that this is the room that Hotwire secured for our stay.

My husband and I tried to go with the flow, so we went to the local store, bought linen and pillows ($100) and went back to the room. After spending the night there, in the morning I woke up to a cochroach in the room. My husband covered in bites. We left the room, walked the beach, exhausted from a lack of sleep, I cried, and he found me a new apartment complex that was clean, in good repair, friendly staff (mystic ridge).

This is not a hotel. Its an apartment complex. And I think the photos speak for itself.

I have stayed in apartments before and some are better than others but honestly, Ive never stayed in a place that was so unclean and unsafe, until now. Thankfully we didnt have to stay more than one night.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Celina B
Reviewed 24 October 2011

These apartments are literally in walking distance of EVEYTHING you need. A great beach, supermarket, shops, night life...Had the best 2 weeks of my life staying in these apartments and would go back in a second.

I forget which unit I stayed in, but the property itself was very well maintained and the pool area as well. Literally beach was a 2 minute walk and it was such a nice beach to go hang out and swim, just a perfect place to stay in Jamaica.

Would reccomend staying here to ANYBODY who doesn't want the tourist atmosphere. The apartments are nice and its in PRIME location.

Loved it, couldn't say more great things about it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple