US$292
US$270
US$294
US$84
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
US$75
US$60
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$45
US$41
Priceline
  • Free Internet
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
All reviewsapartment was cleandunns rivercondohousekeeperjamaicamillicentshipspans
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked this on a last minute from MySilverSands. Had a late arrivial, but someone was still there to provide the keys. Room was clean, as were the linens and towels. Kitchen did lack a few items, a can opener, egg flipper, but really minor. The unit we had was not fancy, but was perfect for us, since we are not 5* AI people, and the price was very good, we paid $490 Cnd for a week. Great location, walking distance to most everything. Pool area was great and very clean. Lifeguards and security staff were awesome.

Also, if needing a ride anywhere, or a bit of a tour guide, then John is your man, he is usually outside the gates by security. He will make sure that you are safe and will show you around.

I do agree with another post, becareful who you rent from as each unit will be equipped differently and in various conditions. We were in building 2, 1F, we also looked at another in building 1, 3C, it had been renovated and was much nicer.

All in all, I would stay here again, great location, great people!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The rooms were filthy. We found a roach in our kitchen. We were extremely reluctant to use the stove and the bathroom because of the unsanitary conditions they were left in by the previous tenants. The televisions in both our rooms were out of service and the air conditioner in one of the rooms did not work at all. After complaining about the conditions of the rooms, the travel agent we were in contact with was very rude and unwilling to comply with any compensations until we threatened to call the rent board and complain. The manager of the property appeared unconcerned and unapologetic for the state of our rooms. The only re-assurance he provided was that our money would be refunded, which we still are not 100% sure of. The owners were also nowhere to be found and we still have not been able to contact them. The only person who showed any concern for our issues was the house keeper who was cleaning our room when we were leaving. I would never recommend these apartments to anyone I know. The management gave the impression that our money was not worth the treatment we felt we deserved.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank turtletowershorrible
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and i stayed there for 2 nights.We were on the 5th floor with windows facing the beach in unit 15A.
It was very clean,quiet,with AC.
Dont get turned off by the outside look of the buildings.
You also get access to the beach for free.
Everything is central in Ocho Rios.
We paid $100 per night and we thought it was a good deal.(we are from Canada)
You can also check ''Rooms" ,its a hotel with free access to the beach and long chairs.
Turtle towers does not provide long chairs and towel,so you end up paying $5 per person.
Jet ski is available,around $60 for 30 minutes.
Its a port call,so negotiate for everything.
Famous Dunn's falls are 5 minutes away and entrance is $20 for tourists and only $600 Jamaicans for "locals".
Tip: buy water sports shoes as they try to sell them to you for $10 US or get your own sneakers although its not mandatory

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Itsik13
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I lived in 110B for 8 yrs, and I can tell you that any apartment that is not privately owned is not upto any standard. The hotel is not run or managed with any kind of management skill involved. They just want your money and do not care at all about your comfort or safety.
The apartments that are privately owned are nice and have everything in them and everything will work. It would be much better to rent from an owner and not through the hotel.

Room Tip: Rent from an owner not through the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Shrinko13
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Date staying - March 2012, arrival time 10:00 PM. two nights - Bottom line - This place is a hit or a big miss!

Situation - My VP and I arrived to this hotel to attend to a local conference and decided to stay at TBT as the main hotel conference was full. Prior to our reservations, we read the reviews from previous guess and had mixed feelings about staying; however, we decided to give the benefit of the doubt due to some good reviews and also due to a local telling us that it used to be a nice hotel years ago.....

Arriving late at night, the Manager welcomed us, expressed his appreciation for staying there, and encouraged us to share our experience on Trip Advisor. Af the end of the my staying, I told myself, "Without a doubt, this is going to be the first review with the lowest rating that I will write about a hotel, and I am not sure how to present it in a constructive way". Well here, it goes:

Registration and arrival - Two reservations done via an online service for two separated rooms by the same company. Despite two rooms were charged, my VP and I arrived to find out that only one room was reserved; one reservation was cancelled by the manager of the hotel as he assumed it was an error and the two guess would share the same room. The wrong picture with this assumption was that also we would shared the only king size bed that was in the room. However, being my boss' first time in Jamaica, I suggested for my him to stay in that room, and I shared we were not a couple, the manager agreed to find me another room .

The room - My room: Lucky me as there was only one room left in the whole complex, 10-F that had been emptied that day and - according to the manager - it was clean and ready. Politely, the manager walked me in and told me to let him know if needed anything. By now it is 11:30 PM, and I just wanted to go to bed. As I moved my suitcases to the bedroom and turned on the lights, it surprised me to see how dirty the linens, the pillow covers, and the pillow themselves were. I went to hang my suit and clothes just to also notice an ironing board with massive stains from who knows what liquid, and a bit later I found the same stains in my pillow. I told myself, "use ear plugs, don't use the pillow and the sheets and go to sleep. Tomorrow you can report it. You are in Jamaica, leave your business mentality behind for once."

The morning discovery: As I was getting ready for a shower, I just found an used bar soap in the bathroom that was probably forgotten by a previous guess, to top it off the towels were also used. So much for a room that had been cleaned the day before. I used one of my own towels and my own soap. After the incident, I went to the kitchen to prepare some coffee just to discover 25 dead cochroaches distributed in the kitchen sink, inside the refrigerator, and inside the coffee pot (!). That was the drop that spilled the glass.

As I was leaving for my conference, I reported the issue to the front desk, however, when I came back at 6:30 PM nothing had been done. NOt even the room had been cleaned. Not a word from the manager or from anyone, a not the chance to change rooms either. Being my last night there, I just slept after having locked all doors and make sure there was not space for the cochroaches to come under the door. Needless to say, I could not sleep well.

The morning I left, I made sure to speak to a new front desk person and complained again. She could not bellieve it, but took my word for it. No apologies were offered, and not a single word from the manager until this day. This is a place that I will never return and don't recommend to any one.

Room Tip: Others had "not so bad" experiences in a different building, but stay away from building one if you decide to stay here. This is an apartment complex, expect lots of noise, music and children running around.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business