All reviewsapartment was cleandunns rivercondohousekeeperjamaicamillicentshipspans
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Fristly, I booked the hotel online only to arrive and be told gruffy by reception staff that there were no rooms available. After about 30 minutes of calls and waiting with little information or communication, I was told there was a one-bedroom available. Service overall was poor.

The Turtle Towers complex is 4 buildings that looks like a combination of hotel, apartments and condos. The building is in a state of disrepair. Our room was deplorable, rusty pipes, foul-smelling, broken furniture (day bed) weak air conditioning, it felt like a really loud fan. The fridge , stove, well entire kitchen looked about 30 years old! Ewww, ewww and ewww! I was afraid to sit on the tiolet for fear something would crawl up out of it and bite my behind! I could go on, but long story short, save your money and stay somewhere else. The only benefit of this place is the location beside Island Village, beach etc..

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ms_Rubie
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I have just returned from a week at Turtle Beach Towers and had a fantastic stay. At Turtle Beach Towers you have the best of both worlds, the beach on your doorstep and a fair sized pool central to the 4 towers. It is also located in town opposite Island Village which again caters for everyone - shopping, cinema and MargaritaVille.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with daily maid service. The grounds are well kept by the various staff that are always on-site and are all very friendly.

Turtle Beach Towers is ideal for all ages, families, couples and groups.

Enjoy!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2007

My boyfriend and i stayed at the turtle beach towers resort in a studio room for 2 weeks. i was really surprised as the room was bright and spacious. the kitchen was clean with a big and very cold fridge. the room had really good A/C which helped especially as it was so hot outside.

we had a large kingsize bed and nice tiled floors. the room was cleaned everyday by the maid service. the resort is a minutes walk to ocho's beach which has beautiful golden sand and next door to the 'island village' which is a complex with shops, margaritaville where you can go and eat and drink and a small but new cinema. you can walk for 2 mins and you will be on the main street where there are places to eat and shop.

i would stay there again as you can come and go as you please, but its very secure and if you like the self catering route then its a good resort.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank h0neybee1
Reviewed January 9, 2007

Turtle Beach Towers
January 10, 2007
I have read many reviews about Turtle Beach Towers and I believe its hit and miss depending on how involved and invested the individual owners are with regards to maintaining their investment. My husband, adult son and myself recently stayed in two bedroom apartment in Tower 1. It was very well appointed and clean. We had a large and very comfortable kingsize bed in the main bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. The second bedroom was a large bedroom with two single beds. We had a great stay. The owners have a housekeeper who comes in every day and cleans up as well as change the towels or sheets as needed. The staff were very helpful. It is right on the beach and very close to the town with tons of restaurants and places to go. We rented a car and could park for free next to our tower. I would definitely stay at Turtle Beach Towers again. I really enjoy having a little dining room and living room in my suite with a kitchen that we could keep refreshment and snacks in.

Stayed: January 2007
6  Thank Tenyearretire
Reviewed December 7, 2006

I have stayed at turtle towers a couple of times. Once in 2003 and again in 2005. There are studio rooms with sitting area and bathroom, and bed(s). There are also suites with kitchens, living room, and separate bedroom(s). The hotel is reasonablly priced, safe, and clean. I recommend this hotel to persons not wanting to spend a great deal of money but expect reasonable accomadations.

The hotel is clean, safe, and comfortable whether you are traveling alone or with friends and family. There are also trustworthy staff who offer babysitting services. Taxi drivers are on the premises to take you on excursions. The staff can provide information on events and attractions.The staff is friendly and helpful for the most part. There is a small restaurant/bar on the premises and a pool. The housekeeping staff also offers laundry services. I will stay at this hotel any time that I visit Ocho Rios.

If you are planning a vacation and have a limited budget and realistic expectations this is the place for you. However, persons who are used to more upscale hotels may want to pass on this one. The staff is more than willing to address any concerns as well.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank trafav