“A total disappointment.”

Turtle Beach Towers
Reviewed 27 December 2016

First of all I had to clean the place of all the dust, luckily I brought Clorox wipes. Clothes were left in a drawer, the few pieces of eating utensils were dirty and had to be washed as well as those drawers. We were on the 10th fl with no phone, and when locks were being installed on the doors to enter and exit the bldg that's when I was told that I had to get the key from the condo owner. How would I know the owner? Next day the cleaning person gave me a key. I cannot recommend this property because of my experience.

Room Tip: Know who you rent from, and see the exact condo to be rented.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I stayed in Turtle Towers for 2 weeks. Apartment 44c (closest to main entrance & security) for 11nights and 10b (closest to the beach)for 3 nights. Both apartments were honestly described by the owners. Have no doubt what you see in the pictures is what you get! Both apartments are very clean, well kept and tastefully decorated and furnished. Both have cable TV, air conditioning and Wi-Fi. Millicent the housekeeper is worth her weight in GOLD.

Yes the complex looks somewhat dated from the outside but don't let that put you off. The pool is large, clean and very inviting. Just be mindful of who you rent your apartment from as some are managed owned by letting agents. I preferred liasing and renting directly with the owners as they tend to use their properties as home away from home and will have better furnishings and facilities.

Security is tight and I always felt safe.

The complex is steps from the beach which is free for TT guests. It is a 5min stroll to town centre with is various shops, resturants, supermarkets, bars and clubs.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank noiruk
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Don't be deceived by the low prices in this building. The pros are that the location is great, nearby tourist areas and the local town. But the building is terribly maintained and smells awful, it's bug infested, the pool is dirty. We felt safe enough and we're lucky enough to rent 31c. If you can rent this apartment, you can overlook the building as this apartment is modern and newly renovated. But if you can't get this apartment you are renting a hostel like unit, and you will be very uncomfortable. We chose to stay here a few days rather than a resort so we could have family members over that we hadn't seen for a while. If we didn't have apartment 31c we would not have brought them in to the building as it would have been embarrassing and I'm guessing the non renovated units are terribly unsanitary. I would give apartment 31c a 4 out of 5 and if you are in a budget, this apartment makes this location acceptable. But unless there are others like it, stay away....

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank crewscritic
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We stayed at Turtle Beach Towers (apartment 43C) from September 14 to 25, 2016. It's true that the actual building is older and probably needs a little upgrading, but that is the only negative part (if you can even call it that). The actual condo apartment was spacious, clean and newly renovated. It had everything we needed. The housekeeper Annette was very friendly and helpful. Night time would get a little warm but Annette has advised that the owners are planning to upgrade the air conditioning. The 24 hour security made us feel very safe and secure. The pool and the beach were clean and there was never an issue of overcrowding. The location of the condo is amazing. Close to everything you would need (shopping, gifts, food, etc.). I would definitely recommend this condo to anyone who is wanting to go to Jamaica and wanting more of a local experience rather than the typical resort experience. Jacqueline and Aaron (who own the condo) were both very nice and easy to deal with.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hasana L
Reviewed 30 September 2016

hotel has spectacular view of the ocean .. security at gate. outdoor pool.
the night lights from other hotels at south end of beach
close to night club . spa and convenience shop on premises.
close to ocean village shops and pier
close to restaurants
close to duty free shops
close to dunns river falls and blue hole beaches
you can walk to market for fresh fruits

Room Tip: i stayed on tenth floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank paula w
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I'm a Jamaican that lives in the USA...I've stayed at the tower for ten days and I have to say it's my worst stay in my country ..when I arrived my room wasn't ready they were putting a new air conditioner in and the person who owned the condo was just out of touch with reality.
After a couple of hours I went to the room wasn't cool at all tv wasn't working and Internet wasn't working I just wanted another room but the owner said none was
available ..she was just so unprofessional it's condo 30E don't go there it's dirty and not worth your money..I keep calling her and she never addressed any of my problems she ruined my vacation ...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my visit at Turtle Beach towers apt 21f in Och Rios Jamaica . The location was perfect for beach access, shopping, and sightseeing. I was 10 minutes away from Dunn's Rivers Fall. Took a taxi and paid only $20 to enter the park. I will definitely make a return visit in the near future.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo