Stayed at Silver Seas on March 7, 2012 for one night paid $86 on Orbitz. Got to the hotel via rental car with no problem (right off A1 which went through town), parked in large, empty lot with no problem. Check in/out no problem. Staff very nice and accommodating, although I think they directed us to restaurant they were working with. But food was good so it was no issue. Overall, I didn’t find prices to be that cheap for food, etc and $86 night seemed the price ceiling for what it was. As other reviews have said the hotel needs some maintenance. A crumbling state of ruin, but rather romantic and could be a really nice place. No real beach area to speak of but there was a pool and nice lounging area. Room itself was large and the private balcony overlooking the water was the best. I believed the room to be clean, but because old and in need of maintenance seems a bit dingy. Close walk to center of town, where you could get some Red Stripe for balcony. Great room/location for a one night stay, but I probably wouldn't stay much longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort Hotel surrounded by private tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Seas Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Seas Hotel Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios