All reviews close to downtown jamaican experience laid back ocean view ochi davis ships
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the worse hotel I've ever stayed in. The room looked like it had been flooded, I had to wait until the next morning for the clerk to return to change my room. The first room had a leak in the bathroom coming from the room above. When I tried to take a shower the water only sprinkled from the showerhead and was still coming out of the bottom portion full force while the tub was backing up. The towels were old, dingy and falling apart and i didn't want to use them but i had no choice. The second room they placed me in was about the same. The beds were so hard i should have just slept on the floor. This place may have been beautiful back in the day but they have not maintained the property and it should be declared as a hazard zone. We were not happy with the stay and will NEVER stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julieoutcaltlmt
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is older than Jamaica (well, built before Jamaica’s independence),
Relatively good condition due to the age,
Huge spacious rooms , nice shower,
Great freshly made by order breakfast (with additional pay)
And the best breeze and view I’ve ever had in my life.

Just before me and my sister left Jamaica we went back to the silver seas just for a couple of nights, to enjoy this place.

Love it !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 385shirazc
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I spent my stay at war with huge roaches, lizards and frogs!!!! Literally each new day was a new fight in trying to kill the pests. That place is infested. When asked to change rooms, we were told that they were completely booked. However, a hour later I witnessed people checking in. I had to ask the couple if they made reservations and they said no. Not only were we lied to about room availability for switching but the entire staff behaved as if we were in the wrong for complaining. Besides the infestation, the hotel is in terrible shape. It desperately needs to be renovated. The beds are old and worn. You can feel every spring and coil in the mattress. The linens are stained and have bugs in them. The bathrooms are filthy with poor plumbing. The only good thing about this place is the ocean view. Due to them denying our refund we had no choice but to bare this infested place. Save yourself the stress and aggravation, avoid this place. We came on vacation to relax. Not to fight pests and dwell in filth. Irate to say the least!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is so old. The area it’s located in make it even worst. They need to do a lot of work on this place. I had my family with me and my children were afraid to stay. Please don’t stay here it’s horrible for families.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiki W
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Quite what anyone describing this place as "rustic" or "charming" is thinking, i have no idea. I knew it was a mistake as the taxi went down the dodgy side streets. It's rare i think about booking a different place while i'm checking in.

Very, very strange character on reception, like an evil robotic butler staring, about to escort you to your cell in the underworld. Dark corridors, over-growing plants, and even stranger zombie-like staff wandering aimlessly. It really would be sinister if it weren't so surreal. Of course, the price you paid isn't the actual door price: there are "service fees" which the staff can't explain.

The view definitely is stunning, and the rooms pretty somehow. However, it's above a beach that looks like a graveyard.

It was probably spectacular before the world-ending meterorite hit and left it as it is now. All the building needs are wild rabid animals prowling, and it'a real live-action horror film you can be a part of. It has to be the only business model left at this point.

In a word, it's... haunting. Not a place for solo females, families, businesspeople, locals - you know, humans that are currently in a pre-death state.

Visit if you are curious for a coffee - like you would a museum. But don't stay. It feels like you genuinely msy not leave, and not for the reasons other reviews mention.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo