US$155
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$68
US$159
Official Site
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$70
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

The Lion House Jamaica(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$33
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$65
US$270
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$380
US$244
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$275/night.

4,223 results
All reviewsmineral poolballoon barbella vistasunset beachsan souciau natural beachb blockmain beachbeachfront suitestarlight galacasanova restaurantroom servicefriday night galanooks and cranniessmoothie barin room diningwater sports
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our 4th time to CSS. The staff and the food were second to none. We only had a few issues which I can possibly attribute to Hurricane Sandy. To start, the top shelf liquor was very ahrd to come by. Each bar seemed to be out of what ever top shelf liquor I requested. They would tell us they didn't have it at that bar and one even said there was none in the resort. We had a top shelf one night when another couple requested it from the resort's general manager. I'm not sure if this is going to be the way it is now or just a result of the hurricane. Another thing I didnt like was the fact that the rooms mini bar would only be stocked when I was in teh room to sign for what ever I requested. Not a big deal but inconvenient when I had to call and then wait for someone to bring it. If it wasn;t for the lack of the top shelf liquor I would have given this 5 stars. Other than that, we will return and if it goes down hill then we will look for another esort.
Can't say enough about the staff and the food. We did not have a bad meal and we met some great couples there.

Room Tip: Choose your room wisely since there are alot of steps to negotiate. If you have a problem with stairs they will pick you up in van to transport you to different areas of the resort
3  Thank kwestPa
Reviewed November 6, 2012

On our second trip to CSS, we were the first guests to arrive after Hurrican Sandy blew through. Even though there was considerable damage the staff did an outstanding job of cleaning up quickly, especially Sunset Beach which sustained most of Sandy's wrath. CSS is a beautiful resort, however it is starting to need some attention. We stayed in block G which has a fantastic view, but it is also far away from most venues except for Casanova and the Balloon Bar.
We took advantage of the shuttle service they offer to/from Palazina and SSB, especially on the rainy days. The staff is VERY friendly and the food delicious, especially in Casanova. But if you are going for the beach, you won't be impressed. It is the one major thing CSS lacks. The au naturel area is saved by the large pool with swim-up bar and food service, but again the beach and ocean are way too rocky to enjoy even with surf shoes. And be advised if you are thinking about going in the near future, the bathrooms are being remodeled on ther nude side (thank God!), but in the meantime, they have jiffy johns :-( We have been to Couples Tower Isle also and they both have their plusses and minuses. The best beach areas seem to be Runaway Bay and Negril

Room Tip: If you want a short walk to SSB, choose A B or C and walk up to Casanova and Balloon Bar, lobby, etc. D & E blocks are in between and D doesn't appear to have an ocean view. F & G are a bit of a hike down but the view is gorgeous and the two rooms we have had in G were updated with walk-in shower....no jacuzzi or tub.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Couples Sans Souci was awesome! We went for 7 days, 6 nights. We arrived on Friday, just 2 days after Hurricane Sandy! It was amazing how well it was already cleaned up. The service is great! It is awesome to get room service whenever you want it! When you request alcohol and mixers for your mini bar, they bring a full size bottle of alcohol. The food at Casanova is awesome! At one dinner, I actually had 4 appetizers and 2 main courses because they were soo good! They have a fruit and juice bar by the mineral pool and you can get any combination of fruits and vegetables you like! We loved the scuba and catamaran! We had an instructor take us out on the catamaran and then let both my girlfriend and I captain the catamaran! There are plenty of activities! The service is very friendly! The Au Natural beach is definitely a fun place to go! Don't be shy! Also, take your clubs and go golfing! The course is great and having a caddy is a very cool experience! The first day, my girlfriend wondered why people go back to the same place multiple times with soo many places to see in the world. By day two, she was asking if we could come back every other year! We highly recommend Sans Souci as we met a lot of great people and people who had been there several times from all over the world. Remember, alcohol is included. You can order a bottle of champagne on OJ for mimosas from room service everyday for breakfast! The private dinners are great as well! We had one on in the wedding gazebo and was an amazing experience!

Room Tip: The A block is nice as it looks out over the pool and ocean! I would try and stay on the 3rd floor and wouldn't recommend the first floor if you're looking for a good room. We stayed in A23 on the second floor. I would stay on the 3rd floor!
1  Thank NewportFun
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Now we've stayed at all the Couples resorts. SS was our last. We spent our honeymoon 24 years ago at what is now Tower Isle. We LOOOOOVE Couples. San Souci was absolutely beautiful. The food was great and the friendliness of the staff was second to none. The private beach is perfect in that there is nobody just passing by trying to sell you something or sing you a song. If you walk the property you'll find mineral pools and hidden spots to sit and enjoy a private drink, cozy bars and even a waterfall. I loved San Souci and it would be my new favorite if it weren't for it's ocean. You almost never saw anyone just bobbing in the water, or swimming (if you did you can bet they were a newbie). The reason is that the bottom is covered with slimy grass. If you wanted to get in the water you'd be lying on a floatie to keep your feet off the bottom. Truly gross. I asked the manager why and he explained that because SS is on such a narrow cove that there's not much ocean motion to wash the grass away. Also because underneath the trees on the right side of the beach is a natural spring that empties into the ocean. You can feel it when you go over to that side -- the water is quite a bit colder. Anyway, this apparently encourages grass growth. We go to the beach to play in the ocean. We have a pool at home so that's nothing special. But we dive and snorkel and swim and sail. Not being able to get in the ocean without this slimy stuff between your toes and winding around your ankles was a serious drawback for us. Also you seldom saw anyone on the hobie-cats. The reason(s) being that it's really hard to get out on the open ocean because there's not much wind inside the cove and also because there is a reef just offshore. They don't want you to damage the reef so they've roped off a very narrow opening for you to go in and out. We found it nearly impossible.
I REALLY wanted SS to be my new favorite. It was so lush and quiet and there was always a place in the shade. The room was clean and lovely and, as I said, the staff was friendly and smiling. BUT, unfortunately I don't think we'll be back.
Oh, and if you're going for the diving, SS only goes out once a day (in the morning). I think all the rest do two dives per day. Just FYI.

Room Tip: We started on the bottom floor but quickly asked to be moved. The sidewalk is close enough that you felt you couldn't open the drapes without someone seeing in.
10  Thank Zoeycat
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to CSS with another couple who had been before many times and raved about how good it was. We were due to arrive on the day hurricane Sandy hit so our flight was delayed by a day. On arrival it was clear there was a major clean-up operation in progress due to the damage caused and there seemed to be an army of workers involved in getting the resort back in shape. Consequently I don't think we saw the resort in its best colours.
As other people have said, some of the rooms are in need of a refurb and some of the furniture is old and outdated but that would be my only negative comment.
The staff were genuinely falling over themselves to make our holiday a perfect one and it's not because they want tipping as they aren't allowed to accept them.
The food and facilities are first class but what set this resort apart from the rest, for us, was the service, which maintained such a high standard despite the difficulties in the aftermath of Sandy.
We will definitely be going back next year and are already looking forward to it!

4  Thank Oscar19580