US$292
US$270
US$294
US$76
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
US$45
  • Free Internet
US$75
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$385
US$339
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$76
US$159
Official Site
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
Travelocity
4,265 results
All reviewsmineral poolballoon barbella vistasunset beachsan souciau natural beachmain beachb blockbeachfront suitestarlight galacasanova restaurantroom servicefriday night galamineral grottonooks and cranniessmoothie barin room dining
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My wife and I spend the post Xmas and New Year's time period at Couples San Souci for the second year in a row. I am actually writing this review on the airplane as I fly home. Everything is therefore fresh in my brain. here are my thoughts:

1. After going through customs, you go to the Couples lounge. One reviewer said he thought it was "sparse." Give me a break. Free beer and also we have never been there more than twenty minutes. Our flight was delayed, so we had a van all to ourselves to the resort. It is about a 1.5 hour ride to the resort. Try to view it as a wonderful opportunity to see the countryside. Our driver (Rick) was very nice and professional. He asked us if we needed to stop for a RR break or if we wanted to get a few Red Strips for the trip.

2. Check-in. The people at the reception remembered us from the year before. Very courteous and professional. Dalton, the night reception worker, was polite and friendly. No complaints here!

3. The grounds are incredibly beautiful. The flowers and the landscaping are wonderful, especially coming from a wintry climate. I constantly saw grounds crew sweeping and manicuring the premises. The resort is built into the side of a hill/cliff. There is therefore steps and walking involved. It is not overly strenuous, but if you are old, fat, or are in horrible shape (we saw people who fit all three of those categories!),you might want to go to Couples Tower Island.

4. Our room in B Block was pretty awesome. The bed was firm, fully stocked mini-bar, etc. Another review said the furniture was dated. I disagree. It was tasteful. We also had a huge flat screen television. Wi-fi and phone reception with Verizon was also no problem. We ordered room service every AM for breakfast. It was there at exactly the requested time. We are early risers. We went to bed on New Year's Eve at 11:30. We honestly (with the A/C running and windows shut) hear a single thing. The view from our balcony was great.

5. The workout facility is topnotch with machines, free weights, and treadmills. No complaints.

6. The massages from the spa facility were very professional and relaxing. The massage rooms are facing the ocean!

7. The food is excellent. The New Year's Eve gala food was 5 star. There was lamb, duck, a hog roast, tons of different seafood, sushi, etc. Another thought service was slow. Dude...this ain't McDonalds! It wasn't slow, but I never felt rushed. My wife and I allotted about 45 minutes to eat breakfast. The selection at breakfast was great. We were also very impressed with the dinner at the Italian style restaurant as they had a pasta station with seafood vodka sauce.

8. Drinks were plentiful with topshelf available on request.

9. The A/N beach was very private and large. There are a variety of chairs and umbrellas.

10. The staff was very polite. I had no problems with their service or attitudes! Kevan, Jhannel, Dalton, Kyle, etc. are superfriendly.

I thus, 100% recommend Coupls San Souci.

1  Thank DryProp
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at CSS from November 29, 2010 - December 8, 2010 and it was our 2nd trip to CSS but this was our 4th trip to Jamaica. We cannot say enough about how wonderful everything is about CSS but let me send out some shoutouts:
To Miguel, Kaydian, Jermaine & Shellian in the entertainment department - you have outdone yourselves; you always had a kind word and smile and stopped to chat no matter how busy you were! I miss you guys and hope you are there next year - you always have fun things for everyone to do and I have so enjoyed getting to know you. Keishen & Shane, at Palazzina, thank you for always being so nice and helpful. Adrian - we love and miss you - you are the best! Maureen - you are so sweet and we miss you terribly - send me pics of the baby!!!! Keisha - don't know how she kept smiling while delivering drinks on the beach in the heat, but you did it and smiled and you are so wonderful. Duane - beachbar - wonderful. Masell - swimup bar - wonderful. Richard at Casanova - always remembered us and what we liked to eat and drink - even handled an entire room by himself and didn't get upset! Sachelee - housekeeping - we miss you the most - you were there last year and took such good care of us - and you were with us again this year - I can't say enough about how sweet, dedicated and adorable you are and how you always remember our anniversary and decorate our bed in flowers! Sachelee, you rock! I know I am forgetting so many people, and I am sorry, but I haven't forgotten you in my heart. I want to thank Pierre Battaglia (sp), the gm, for being on site and stopping to talk to everyone and making sure everything is running smoothly - thank you - I have never seen a gm be on site and visible. Thank you also for having Stanrick entertain. This is the 2nd time we have seen him - he is wonderful - get back to singing - we want your cd's!
The rest of the property is fantastic, from quiet and romantic, to incredible fun - you can make it what you want - No problem Mon! We will be back next year to see our friends that we have made and new ones! The food is fantastic - room service all day if you wanted (but going to the restaurants is so worth it!). You will feel safe - no need to worry. We have traveled quite a bit and CSS is the best. I don't know what type of people wouldn't enjoy their stay at CSS unless they are the people who complain about everything!

2  Thank ClaireandSteveP
Management response:Responded January 4, 2011

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. We love the shout outs and I passed them along to the team there. They will be so excited to know they made an positive impact on your vacation. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

This was our secound trip to one of the Couples Resorts, the first being Tower Island (also great). The grounds are amazing, with pathways going in all directions, make you feel like your walking through a jungle. Really great. We were in G block, the furthest from the beach and the most steps, but also the best balcony. The rooms are very large and well furnished, the in room bar, with daily restocking is a nice touch.
The beaches are small and kept very clean, they are also very private, as the resort is made up of three small coves. The Au Natural area is well used but never any problem getting a couple of chairs with float cushions, food and drinks are avalible at both beach areas.
Food, can't say enough, every meal was excelent from Casanovas to the Beach Party to Gala Buffet on Fridays. Breakfast was excelent, but can get a little repeative after a week, in-room breakfast was availible, at no charge.
My wife and I have been to quite a few all inclusive resorts through the Carribean and have never had the level of service you recieve at Couples San Souci, We have already re-booked for a week in March 2011, You can't go wrong with this choice.

2  Thank Bruce5353
Management response:Responded January 3, 2011

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. We are thrilled you enjoyed your holiday and consider CSS the best all inclusive. It has so many amenities, as you mentioned, complimentary room service, off property excursions, scuba, snorkel, internet cafe and so much more. The fact that you booked another vacation and are a repeat guest speaks the world to us. Thank you, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

We arrived at CSS in the evening and were warmly greeted quickly. We were checked in and within no time were in our room. Got a quick tour of our room (g13). We were hungry from the long day of traveling so ordered the room service. Burgers and fries and they were still warm when we got it. The fruit and cheese plate was really good too.

Room: as per the previous reviews the rooms are a little outdated and a bit musky. This is right in th tropics so is to be expected. The room was very clean and Vanessa did a gear job cleaning it for us. We had a bird fly into our window rip... And she got someone right away for us. The air conditioning worked fine and the view was incredible. This room is close to the lobby but far away from most restaurants and bars but we didn't mind the walk through the gorgeous grounds. We loved just sitting on the huge balcony listening and watching the ocean.

Food: We ate most meals at Palazina and the beach grill. Everything we tried we liked and I am a very picky eater. Deserts were amazing as well. Service at Palazina was great. Very quick.

Service: wherever we went the staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and appeared as though they truely enjoyed their jobs. Drinks at the beach bar were great. Mango daiquiri was delicious.

Dunns falls trip was good but be prepared to get wet. We brought our camera and our tour guide took pictures for us and kept our camera dry.

The beach was small but again as stated on here we had no trouble getting a spot and chair in the afternoon.

We loved the romantic nooks and crannies this resort had. Sometimes you would walk around and not see a sole... It felt very private. We loved the hammocks spread throughout the resort. Not sure what the capacity was like. The night life was pretty mellow but we didn't stay out too late. The beach party was entertaining.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank jdf240
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We're repeat guests at this resort and we are never disappointed by the property, staff, food, and service. This vacation was no exception. There are always a few new menu items in addition to the old favorites and the staff makes every visit a memorable experience. We tried other all inclusives but Couples is the best for a fun and romantic getaway.

1  Thank giannatj
Management response:Responded January 4, 2011

Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. Your status as a repeat guest and time to write a review of the product you proudly call your home, humbles us. We are thrilled our consistent service and amenities earns your vacation time and investment. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.