Welcome to Ochee, the very true and unique experience, if you're not planning to get bored on city beach! Walk around, meet people, try food, go nightclubs, hire a cab, get into the country, see the real Jamaica.
Can't really agree with previous reviews - either things changed since then, or we were lucky or those people had a bad luck,
Skycastles at Columbus Heights is actually an ideal place to stay at Ochee - it's not in the center of the city, where all sorts of tourists wandering around, and it's not far from all points of interest. It's a bit up the hill, so you get your very own ocean view from above. 5 minutes walk and you're in the middle of the busy street with shops, craftmarkets, restaurants and all. The beach is right there.
Our apartment had everything you need - 2 rooms with one bedroom, TV set, free wi-fi, shower, small kitchenette, ceiling fans, aircon, balcony and pool right by the building. The rooms were clean and comfortable and maintained by daily maid service. We were told the maid could even cook for us something local, but we didn't have chance to try it - you don't seat much and eat at home in Jamaica.
Jennifer, the host, is truly hearty and welcoming person. She helped us in every way, starting from complex communication prior to booking, using emails, phone calls, Skype, Western Union transfers and everything. Arranged taxi transfer from Kingston to Ochee. When we arrived, she was not only meeting us at the doors, but even provided us with some very convenient grocery at that moment and local mobile phone (!). If you are a friendly person, you might get a chance to see things and places tourists usually don't see - Jennifer could take you on her own transport to show beautiful local beaches, villages and people. We were truly amazed with our vacation in Ochee, we didn't expect such wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury penthouse features spectacular panoramic view of the harbor and town of Ocho Rios. Sip on a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee while watching the cruise ships roll into the Ocho Rios port from your own private gazebo. All the rooms have its own private gazebo with an unobstructed view of the Caribbean ocean and the town of Ocho Rios. At Sky Castle, you have the best of both worlds, high security with intimate privacy and yet a short walk to the center of all the shopping, major attractions and nightlife. The property is less than a ten minute drive to Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully, Shaw Park Gardens, Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain and several other major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sky Castles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Castles Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sky Castles Jamaica/Ocho Rios