We stayed at a grand resort in Riviera Maya just a couple of months before visiting this resort, so our first impression was somewhat of a disappointment. The resort is quite small, rooms and furnishings are somewhat outdated, first lunch was mediocre, nothing about it is grand but the beach/sea.. But we changed our perception of the place after a couple of days there. The sea is truly amazing, the beach view from the rooms facing the sea (you must have one!) is the highlight of the resort. Every night we were falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves at the bottom of our building. The resort is literally on the beach, rarely one gets so close to the water..
We were swimming back and forth to the nude island and it was excellent -- the water was so warm, clear, and beautiful. Snorkeling is fun too for small fish, but certainly not as breathtaking as in the Red Sea in Egypt or other places known for live corals (there is not much in Jamaica as you probably know).
Fantastic swimming in the sea and the amazing clean well-maintained beach are probably the main reasons why we enjoyed our vacation even more than in Mexico where the resort was out of this world, but the sea was breezy all the time and unfit for any quality swim or snorkeling.
The food was very good (you'll probably gain weight if you don't swim), service - no complaints too. They say "no tip policy" and I think people actually don't tip at all and then wonder about not getting their drink within 10 seconds. We tipped for the most part and had no problems with any service. A dollar or two can go a long way.
The nude island is fun, but it's kind for older people, at least that was during our stay. My bf and I swam there and spent a couple of hours on the island. There is no beach to swim and more limited access to a variety of drinks and food. Older unfit people hanging around naked is also not for everyone's taste. Visiting the island is fun for a couple of hours, but I wouldn't do it every day.
Don't do shopping trips, a waste of time. You'll find better deals for coffee and gifts at the airport or at the resort gift shops. We didn't do any other tours, but really regretted going on a shopping tour. Getting from and to the airport was not a problem, but it's a long trip (1hr 45 min). There is not much to see on the way to the resort.
If you decide to stay at this resort and love animals, please feed the kitties!! There are 6 stray young cats next to Building 3 (next to the parrots), and they come out at 7-9pm looking for kind people like you to bring them some snapper or chicken leftovers. We were feeding them for 5 days but couldn't find anybody to feed them after we left, comments were lime "we don't care about cats". Very sad some people can't see beyond their own egos.
Enjoy your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios