This was my husband and I's first time traveling to Jamaica. We arrived on 9/10 for one week. The airport process was a breeze. Customs went very fast (hurricane irma was hitting FL this day, most flights were canceled, airport was not busy) Once we were through customs and had our bags, we went to the Couples lounge. Bathrooms, beer and soda/water is available here + free Wifi. We waited around 20 minutes and then we were on our way to the bus to take us to the resort. There are many porters at the airport. Our bags were placed on a dolly and brought out to the bus. The porter did indeed expect a tip as he blocked us from getting on the bus until we gave him something. Our bus driver was very sweet and gave us a history along the way. Our bus was completely full with other Couples guests. The ride to the resort took a little over 2 hours.
Check in was very easy. We were given a drink and cold towel once we stepped off the bus. Check in was a little odd though-- everyone that got off of our bus, sat down at the check in desk side by side. I wasn't a fan of this process because you have to fill out personal information, give credit card information etc. I didn't think it was appropriate when a stranger is sitting 6 inches from you to see or hear any of that. Once check in was complete the bell boy gave us a tour along the way to our room.
Room - Our room was in block 5 (garden unit) on the 2nd floor. We lucked out and had a clear view of the ocean! We were very happy about this. Room was clean, did not smell, no issues with the bathroom. Our room was clean by 4pm everyday. The mini bar was stocked with the items we picked daily.
Beach/Pool - There were plenty of open chairs daily with a raft on the chair to use in the ocean. Chairs that have shade are few and far between. Unfortunately the beach was not in good condition the entire week of our stay. Beach erosion had occurred a few days before we arrived. The hotel employees did not rush to get the fallen palm trees off the beach or the garbage debris thrown away. I understand erosion happens but was very disappointed it seemed as if nothing was being done to make it look half way decent. There were even electrical wires in the water that were attached to the fallen palm trees..not safe. The main pool with the water fall was nice. We didn't spend much time there, but there were always guests in the pool. The swim up bar pool was closed when we arrived and opened a few days before we left.
Food - We ate at the breakfast buffet daily. Lots of good options, although they were mostly the same each day. We ate lunch either at the veggie bar or pool grill. Loved the sweet potato chips w/ dip! The pool bar has nachos, popcorn, ice cream and various soda options all the time. You can either grab that or sit down at the pool bar and order of the menu. We had reservations at eight rivers 2 nights and bay side 2 nights out of our 7 night stay. They were both fantastic. Loved the view of the water at bay side.
I would highly recommend the piano bar. Make sure you go when the man with the saxophone is playing - very talented. Piano sing a long is very fun too! We watched a few shows. The steel drum band is fun to watch along with the few nightly singers.
We did the glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling. We took the scuba diving clinic and then went on a scuba trip afterwards - I would highly recommend the scuba diving, but be prepared to be exhausted afterwards. We also went paddle boarding which was fun. Never made it out to the island, but everyone that we talked to who went out there loved it.
The resort was not busy at all, it probably wasn't even 50% full when we were there. My husband and I were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. We marked that down prior to arriving and at check in but no acknowledgement from the resort. I was disappointed because for our 1st and 2nd anniversary at a different resort group, they helped us celebrate all week.
All in all, would I come back? Maybe. But I would try the other Couples resorts first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios