All reviews jerk center close restaurants dvd player c unit small beach area private taxi living room king bed view of the ocean montego bay apartment supermarket housekeeper stove units vrbo jamaica
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Choose this one!

My husband and I enjoyed our 8 night stay from start to finish. The condo is just as described and the staff was very friendly. Jamaica is known for the all inclusive scene, but, I have to tell you, you really miss out on getting to know the real Jamaica. Please invest in the locals, avoid those mega resorts. Stay here for a true taste of Island living. Perfect romantic getaway.

We both are sales people (that means we never relax or disconnect from technology). We made a pact to go all 8 days with no TV, phone or internet. We actually survived!!! Maybe this will become a habit.

There are many great activities just a short cab ride away (take the Owner's advice, utilize their favorite driver, Christie). The Jerk Center across the street has great food and a gracious staff (Samantha and AnnMarie are great). Glenn's is right across the street and Biggs (waiter) always greets you with a great big smile. The condo is bright, clean and comfortable. The beach is steps away as is the pool. While you are there, be sure to check ot Shaw Park Gardens.

The only bad part was that we had to leave...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Aunt_Babs
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The resort was nice, clean, easy to find not to far from shops. The gas station had a wonderful supermarket with tons of American brand foods. Apartment 31 which belongs to Dulcia Tullouch was nice and comfortable. One of the bedrooms have a king size bed which are two twin beds. The bedroom has two tiny beds good for kids or petite adults was also clean and nice. The air conditioner needed to be cranked up just a little but it did the job. The bathroom tub needs an upgrade. The tub had hard water stains and the toilet but for the most part the floor was spotless. I felt comfortable walking bear foot. The bathroom downstairs had the same hard water stains, and there was no hot water in the morning only at night. The pool was clean, grounds were well kept, staff was polite. At night the resort is a little dark, but security is around. I would recommend this spot for families or a couple. You have to know your way around Jamaica or have someone to drive you around. Security said you can catch a cab, but I did not try to. The kitchen was well stacked with pots, plates, cooking utensils, and everything you need to be comfortable. The one thing I did like the food was package very easy at the local supermarket. For example meat included fresh seasoning, which made easy to cook. packaged. I visited Reggae Beach it was a private Beach not to far it cost 12 dollars US. The Bob Marley museum was great located in Jamaica Kingston. The drive was very scary. I would not attempt to drive there on your own. The roads are scary, felt like a great adventure ride. The Emancipation Park was also beautiful. Fishermans Ward was great next to Margarvitavile . The fish is right from the sea cooked to your liking. This place is a must. I stop by the casino which is located by the clock. Overall the area and resort is not for first timers, its for people who can get around and is familiar with Jamaica. The resort is relaxing not much going on its nice and its across the street.

Room Tip: Apartment # 31 is two bedroom unit very spacy and nice the owner is Dulcia Tulloch
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tee1234
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Unit 24 from April 14-20 and couldn't have been happier. The decor is wonderful, the view is magnificent and the staff was fabulous. The food across the street at Glenn's is great and cheap and Biggs the waiter was a charmer. A 10-minute walk to Reggae Beach, peace, quiet and Red Stripe. Thanks Jamaica.

Room Tip: Choose Unit 24. It's beautifully decorated with original island work as well as that of the owner, it's the only unit with hammocks, and it's an end unit with a beautiful view, five steps to the pool and 30 steps to the ocean. Aahhhh.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marlene d
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed in Apt #9 for 11 nights and it was a pleasant experience from the time I inquired about it until we left. Dulcia is wonderful and provided lots of information about the apartment as well as Ochi. We loved having the comforts of home (a kitchen and king size bed!) while staying away from home. The complex never seemed busy although we know that all the units were full with the Easter Holiday weekend. Our housekeeper, Charmaine, is a dear woman and so helpful. The office staff, maintenance men and security were also friendly and willing to help. We found that the microwave wasn't working and it was replaced within 15 minutes. We also found a wonderful cab driver while we were in Ochi that we could call on anytime and we certainly used him several days. George is a mature and personable gentleman and we will definitely use him when we return (876-374-8422). The Jerk Bar and Glenn's Restaurant across the road were both good for authentic food and there is also a small market located in that same strip of buildings. Be careful crossing the road in front of Chrisann's as it can get busy. We loved our time at Chrisann's!

Room Tip: apt #9 is at the front of the complex and closest to the road but with the a/c on at night, noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stay with my boyfriend from march 16-20. we stay in apt # 9 the apt is just like the picture on the website. the housekeeper Charmaine was very nice and helpful. the apt has everything you need for your stay (except food) Lol but this is a home away from home. The room was very comfortable and relaxing, living room jus like your own living would be. the beach is small but nice, the pool is big and clean. The supermarket is across the street but dont have much so we went shopping in Ocho Rios for more variety . The owner was very helpful with informaton about the location and things to do. I enjoy my stay at Chrisann and it was A time to remember with my Nate. thanks to Dulcia for everything. This is going to be my new home away from home. Apt # 9 is great
Monica