All reviewsjerk centerclose restaurantsdvd playerc unitsmall beach areaprivate taxiliving roomking bedview of the oceanmontego bayapartmentsupermarkethousekeeperstoveunitsvrbojamaica
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I spent a week at this resort and I must say I enjoy it very much the place is very clean my room # 28 was simply the best the staff was extremely helpful room service very good I must say simmone she's the best I honestly can't complain the only issue I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi from my room but I didn't need it anyway my t mobile service get the job done at no extra cost also this is a home away from home resort no restaurant on site but across the street you can find what ever you want overall great place good price and a friendly atmosphere I'll be back there on my next visit to jam rock. ATL GA

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
chrisannsbeachresort, Manager at Chrisanns Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Thank you very much for this review and for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

We rented off vrbo and got ocean front 2 room apartment. Apartment was extremely nice very clean and housekeeper was the best. Room had oceanfront with window beds and steps from the ocean. We could lay in bed watch and listen to the oceans waves.

Only issue was pool was not cleaned completely all week (had storms on Sunday and many leaves and branches were in it all week) and same for the ocean front beach area, littered in trash, including bottles and plastic. No one cleaned all week, must wear shoes if going to walk on beach or in water in front of units

Security guy was great and helpful in getting cabs and giving recommendations

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2017

The good stuff first. Location is good on N Coast highway about 2.5 miles east of Ocho Rios, on the coast side. It has about 24 maybe 30 rooms arranged in two wings both facing a moderate sized pool and common area leading towards the sea. The beach area is very modest and mainly stony with a breakwater close to shore as it is exposed to the predominant wind. Rooms are good /American sized with a cooking area + terrace.

The not so good. There is no management / reception staff on site. Security covers reception. Cleaners are not supervised and not thorough.. There is no bar or food offer + Wi-fi is in the small reception area only [8 - 10 places]. The décor is fair at best. Furniture and bed / bedding is a bit tired and shabby.

The Red flags are:
1. Safety – One hob of the electric cooker heaters was permanently on and hot enough to boil water. Staff knew all about it already! So no-one cares for guest safety.
2. Fire Extinguishers – Last filled / serviced in early 2012, the pressure gauge was well into the 'Recharge' zone.
3. Cleaning no better than a lick and a promise. Walls doors and lighting had long-term dirt on them and not properly cleaned when reported to cleaner
There are a lot of small hotels etc. nearby. So I am sure that I can find better accommodation at similar cost

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJ50505
Reviewed December 27, 2017

This is not a huge resort but it was very accommodating. It has a nice swimming pool and beach opening to the ocean that is private and kept very clean. A shallow inlet is great for kids, and the opening to the ocean beyond good for snorkeling. It rents the fully furnished condo apartments to tourists with a very helpful staff. We had cleaning as often as we wanted it and the places are, for the most part, tastefully furnished. They're large enough to relax in, and a restaurant and "corner store" directly across the road provided breakfasts and all the provisions that we needed. All in all, a good place at a reasonable price. Airport transportation can be arranged, but taxis into Ocho Rios were plentiful at $1.50 per person. Kitchenettes were fine and we saved a lot of money by staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach have a spectacular beach view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank desertsage55
Reviewed July 21, 2017

This was my third time staying at this hotel, the first two times I have no complaints, this last trip was a disaster, when I checked into the hotel the hot water heater was not working, they had put a new hot water heater in the day before, but I guess it wasn't turned on, the light in the bathroom was out, one lightbulb was blown the other one was slightly working, The dining room table chairs was full of crumbs and sticky stuff, the living room table was dusty and dirty, the television stand dirty and dusty so was the television, you could write your name on the glass that how dirty it was, upstairs where the bed is, was a dirty pair of socks sticking out from under the bed, I guess that's also from the previous guess. After I complained to the owner Dulcia!! Via email, I also let the property manager know about it, The next day the manager and the maid was at the apartment fixing all the mess, the property manager was there to make sure it was being cleaned, in the living room they have a sofa bed, which is hard as hell to put out anyway, but the first two times I stayed at this place the sofa bed had sheets on it, this time it didn't, so I had the audacity to ask for sheets for it!!! The property manager was more than happy to give it to me, but when I email the owner, she says I should've asked for it before, which I didn't have to ask the first two times I stay there, I had to explain to her that I am a paying guest, so if I want to sleep downstairs on the sofa bed,because that's where the television is, I can do so because I paid for it, she emailed me back and said that's no problem, so I thought the situation was settled, I guess not, because when I emailed her to ask her for the password so I can use the Wi-Fi, she gave it to me, ( oh did I forget to mention that a few days later, I was getting ready to use the oven, & i found a dirty used pan in it) anyway what really got me mad, is her telling me I'm being unfair , after I thought everything was settled and done with but I guess not, this is what she sent to me. (Joan

Had you let me know before you arrive that you wanted to use the sofa bed the bed would have been made up

You are being unfair everything you asked for was written down by myself and the office staff on our booking reservation. Dulcia.)
I never ask her for anything, so after he sent me that I really got angry because any guess will expect a clean apartment when they check in, not dirty pans in the oven dirty tables, no lights in the bathroom, dirty chairs dirty sock sticking out from under the bed, Lamp in the living room when no lightbulb, did I get to mention that. So because I complain about the pan in the oven because that was the last straw, I guess The owner or her daughter call the maid, and I guess was yelling at her, so the maid turn around and lied that I had four extra people sleeping in my room, which was a lie, the security guy at the gate saw my family when they leave, The room was rented for two people, and one of my cousins slept over that night, I do Not owes these people nothing, but Jane, I guess she's the daughter had the nerve to send me a letter stating that I owe her $100 and somebody is coming up to the room to collect it as soon as possible, she done lost your goddamn mind, this is the letter Jane!! sent to me (Dear Ms. Shirley,

It has just been brought to my attention that you have 4 guests who stayed in the Apartment last night. The apartment was rented for 2 ppl, an additional person is US$25 per night.

Mr Whitehorn will be by the apartment shortly to collect us$100 from you and your guests and inform them that they will have to leave the apartment this morning. We are not insured for that amount of people in the event of an accident. I am sure you can appreciate this.

Jane Ziadie)

I guess when you check into a place and you find something wrong with it, you're not supposed to bring it to their attention. Had they not send me the stupid email about being unfair, or that I owe then money which I don't, I wouldn't of done this review I would have it go, but like I told the JANE I'm pissed off. Oh by the way, the explanation I got for why the place was dirty, was is because the day before the maid was preoccupied with them putting in the hot water heater/ electricity , so I guess that should excuse her for not doing her job.
Overall,the property manager is awesome all the security stuff is awesome the guy who cleans the property is awesome Marva the maid need to be retrained, I asked her not to go upstairs because all of my clothes and stuff was up there, and not to touch anything, and I know she's been up there. But I'm not going to get into that.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Jdubbw69
chrisannsbeachresort, Owner at Chrisanns Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

In response to your review I would like to thank you for choosing my apartment again.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your third visit to my
apartment. Unfortunately the water heater broke down the day before your arrival.
The day of your arrival the workmen worked late installing the new water heater.
Prior to your arrival the apartment is supposed to be inspected to make sure that
everything is perfect for your arrival, unfortunately this was not done.

We hope that you do not let this unfortunate isolated incident tarnish your opinion of this Resort. If you choose to come back for a 4th time we will be happy to extend your usual discounted rate along with a Complimentary night.

Chrisanns Beach Resort Management