This hotel is worth the trip. As brits we had a 9.5 hr flight a 1.4hr wait in the arrivals hall (be prepared for Jamaican time at passport control) not sure this is the norm but there was nearly a riot. Then a 1.5 hr transfer (if you have booked a virgin holiday make sure you get on the private transfer to the RP as the rep pointed us to the Sandals lounge but for Virgin Holiday travellers a private transfer is included to this hotel, so we missed out there and had to wait around for the Sandals transport). It was around 9pm (2am UK time) when we arrived at the hotelso were tired. Our butlers were seeing to someone else so were not available when we arrived and in fact we did not use them that much. So much detail has been written previously suffice to say the food and drinks are top quality. We stayed a week and did not get bored of the menu. The service is there if you wish to use it, don't be frightened to ask. We were not use to such service and so did not really know what to ask. We found our own way around the resort (which does not take long so go explore yourself which is part of the adventure) we did not actually bump into our butlers until day 3. I felt if you do not contact them they would not necessarily make first contact with you but I guess this was due to not being available when we first arrived. Beaches are small so no long walks here but plenty of sea activities if you wish to partake in non-motorised sports. Just try them and if you haven't been on a hobie-cat before just ask the watersports chaps and they will take you out. Hotel - superbly clean, great food, quality drinks, good service. We are not regualr gym goers but went 3 times here, nicely airconditioned about 3 runners lots of weights and walkers and TV's to prevent running-boredom. Beware the pool is small and cold and a boiling hot outside tub. Reading this back doesn't seem to reflect the title but it was truly lovely and we enjoyed every minute. Well equipped room (except no slippers), personally I would have preferred to have slippers than bathrobes so don't have to wear outdoor shoes inside. Loved it. Thanks to the Manager for running a great hotel and being visible to his guests and stopping to chat - made a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios