2,243 results
All reviewsloud barflow riderresort creditawe spawater journeykonoko fallsla gondolavacation plannersmomo restaurantpresidential suitegondola restaurantpalace membersclub noirdiamond conciergemartini barpublic relationsdolphin experience
Reviewed August 6, 2017

My trip was recent to moon palace. Customer service is 100% from the Moon palace staff meeting you at the airport and putting you on the bus to the front desk, you feel welcome and your vac starts once you greet the two customer service reps at the airport (sorry cant remember their names). You get a drink at the hotel, you get a mint towel. Room service is A1 service, and having a 11 and 15 yr old it was the best thing. My wife used some of the $1500 resort credit we received to do her spa, which she said was great. You pay a tax on whatever the item cost when using the resort credit, so for example I had a giant lobster tail at the seafood restaurant, which wasnt part of the inclusive package, so i paid the $12 tax on the price which was charged to my room and used some of the resort credit to pay the rest. I heard some guests complaining about why the wristband cant just be removed upon checkout without a guest checkout pass to get on the bus, well they do this so you dont get away without settling any charges you have incurred. I didnt see a problem with it.
On the dining room dinner, I would've like to see more jamaican food than what they had. Didnt see any oxtail while i was there the entire 6 days, then one day i went and had lunch and went back for dinner and saw the same menu. The 24hr snack center is the best, you get latte, coffee, ice coffee, iced latte, pastries, hot choc, variations of tea, etc... And the sushi center was right across, which i couldnt resist.
Be careful with some of the ocean front rooms, there is one building we stayed in that doesnt have a full balcony even though its ocean front. And the room is small, the bathroom is only good for one person at a time. Next time we go back (Which we are) i am going with the two bedroom. I have stayed at iberostar, Riu twice, Grand Paladium, and Moon Palace so far in our mind has the best customer service. Its the little things that matter and make guests feel welcomed and want to come back.

Room Tip: The rooms in building 3 have no balcony.
1  Thank seaford w
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear seaford w,

Our team is highly appreciative of the time invested to pen your fabulous review. We are overjoyed having learnt that an awesome vacation was attained whilst staying at our magnificent Resort. Offering unparalleled quality of service to you our valued guests is our main objective in an effort to reassure that your expectations are not only met but rather exceeded all throughout vacationing with us. We are elated that our customer service was highlighted with such positive remarks as our team members endlessly make the effort to satisfy the needs of our guests. As we seek to continuously deliver first class ambiance through all our vacation packages ,we are delighted to have already been selected as your home away from home for your future getaway accommodation.

Warmest regards

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Just got back from an amazing family vacation at the Moon Palace, Ocho Rios.

The resort is beautiful, clean and very well maintained.

Service was very variable but I need to mention a few outstanding staff:

June in housekeeping was wonderful. Very friendly and always tried to ensure we had everything we needed.

All the staff in the kids room were fantastic, in particular Jermaine. They were all very caring and friendly. My daughter wanted to be there first thing each day and it was a constant struggle getting her to leave every evening!

Xanadu and Anadeen in Vacation Planning were very friendly and helpful.

Simone at the Awe Spa. Wonderful massage and she kept making sure I was ok.

All the guys in the boulangerie were great! Always delivered with a smile.

Some negatives let the resort down: the elevators in building 2 are incredibly slow, not enough towels (we were always supplied with bath towels daily but they always seem to run out of face, hand and bath mats), not enough staff to meet the demands of guests (requested a rollaway bed at check in at 10.30pm and it eventually arrived at 1am).

Overall a very good resort and would definitely love to return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank S H

Dear S H,

We are thrilled to be in receipt of your fantastic review expressing your amazing family vacation had with us. At Moon Palace Jamaica we aim to ensure that impeccable service is offered to our esteemed guests. It is of great excite having heard that the cleanliness of our facilities and overall property was highly admired by you throughout vacationing with us. The team members who contributed profoundly through their excellent services provided will be most definitely commended. Your concerns have been duly noted by our team and the necessary areas mentioned will be addressed accordingly for improvement. Thank you once more for selecting us as your preferred getaway accommodation , it would be our pleasure to host you to a more phenomenal visit than that of your last.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We had such a wonderful time at the Moon Palace! We did not want to leave! Everybody was so incredibly friendly to us and we felt very welcome. I have never been treated so nicely on a vacation! The hotel itself is extremely clean and the rooms are beautiful! We had a partial ocean view which was gorgeous!
This was a perfect place for us traveling with two teens. Besides the many swimming pools, there is a wonderful arcade that both enjoyed! We also swam with dolphins and went snorkeling. There are many water activities for the whole family. The beach is also very clean and beautiful!
The food was always delicious and there is quite a variety to choose from! We completely enjoyed every meal!
I honestly can not think of anything we did not enjoy! I so wanted to stay another week!
Do yourself a favor and go to this beautiful resort! I would go back there in a heartbeat!

Dear autumnfan98,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review reflecting the phenomenal time spent with us. It is our utmost pleasure to have hosted you to the' best family vacation'.Our team at Moon Palace Jamaica works assiduously to ensure that our facilities and amenities are maintained in the most immaculate state as a representation of creating a relaxing environment , thus, we are thrilled that this was received with much gratification whilst vacationing with us. The activities offered are coordinated in an effort to maximize the engagement of our valued guests accommodating all members of the family. We are tremendously grateful for the recommendation extended and look forward to welcoming you and your beautiful family to a spectacular vacation once more in the future.

Moon Palace Jamaica.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this resort last year and had such an amazing time , that we actually returned in less than one year with a family group of ten which include three young children . In all honesty, very different experience which resulted my changing my rating from a 4 to a 3.
There are some definite attributes and still very positive things about the resort, but some disappointments as well.
I will begin with the positives;
Clean resort, great housekeeping, Kimberley our housekeeper was amazing, Elvis , such an asset to the resort and customer focused and a few others , cannot recall the names. Much improvement in the food choices which brings me to the disappointments we experienced.
We dined twice at the Italian Restaurant, mainly because the food was reasonably good; however, the service is in desperate need for improvement from the server to the cook and definitely, the dining room Supervisor who all seem to lack customer service and appreciation for the guests. Guests had to wait two to three hours for their meals. Our three young children fell asleep in Thursday night, August 3rd waiting for their meal even after I begged the server and the Supervisor to please try and get the children something to eat after waiting over two hours; however , my request fell on deaf ears and was met with poor attitudes. The children were taken to their room asleep without having their meal . Totally, unacceptable. This was consistent, having to wait such a long time for servers . This was disappointing for us and left a negative impression. Upon arrival , I was told that Lulu was our go to person , once I made it clear that we were not interested in any further upgrade, she totally ignored me . Please, it is important to have good customer service especially when you are paying for your services . I would recommend further training for staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Norma062014
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Norma062014,

Your review has been delightfully received by our team. It was our pleasure to host you to a fun-filled family vacation experience through which our first class services were extended to you by our hard working team members. We are thrilled to have been given the opportunity of accommodating your getaway hence as such we have directed our focus towards your highlighted concerns.The team members who have been mentioned for extending exceptional service will be highly commended for the outstanding work executed. Our team is working in unison to ensure that these concerns are thoroughly evaluated for improvements to be applied where possible. Nevertheless we hope to be selected as your future getaway Resort for the ultimate 'wow' Palace effect to be achieved all throughout our facilities.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

My family and I just returned yesterday (8/2/17) from a 6-night stay at the Moon Palace Jamaica (all inclusive) Resort. What a beautiful time we had in Ocho Rios and at this resort! I have to say, this was one of the better resorts we've chosen during our many travels to the Caribbean. This was our first time in Ocho Rios and our first stay at the Moon Palace resort. When we entered the resort's beautiful lobby, we immediately felt we were in for a treat! During our stay we picked up other guests for excursions at the various resorts in the area; HONESTLY at first glance, none of the resorts compared to Moon Palace. Our room was very clean and updated. Besides housekeeping services, we had turn-down service in the evening as well. The refrigerator was well-stocked with water, soda and Red Stripe beer. Our only regret is that although we had a full ocean view, we did not have a room with a functional balcony; we WERE able to open our sliding door, step out only slightly and only one at at time. If you DO prefer a room with a functional balcony, you'll of course have to pay extra, but I think it's worth it! Just know, Building 3 does not have any rooms with full balconies. We definitely plan to upgrade to a full balcony during our next visit to this resort.
The majority of the staff were personable and professional (Hubert in the Buccaneer Restaurant, Mario at Guest Services and Tadine/Taddy[?] in the Vacation Planners office) and their smiles appeared genuine. The only issues that kept it from being truly "excellent":
1) We weren't completely thrilled with sitting for 90 mins to hear a presentation for their planned vacation packages. This was one of the first things we were informed about by Guest Services after check-in and BEFORE we were allowed to head to our room, despite being a bit tired from the long journey to Jamaica. In return for attending the presentation, you can receive hotel credits for an excursion (very limited selections) or spa treatments. However, despite the credits, guests are responsible for 16% tax on each excursion selected and again, there was a limited selection on what excursions you could utilize with the credit. Of course there were other excursions offered, but it was made clear that the full price would be charged to our room. For many, this may feel like a good deal for 90 mins of your time, but I'm just not a fan of sales pitches, especially when I want to enjoy my vacation free from pressure. If you are open to hearing a sales pitch and decide to buy a package, we learned from other guests who bought the package, that they provided a room upgrade and other small perks.
2) While in our room during the 3rd evening, a hotel staff member knocked on our door after we'd settled in for the night and accused us of smoking in our room (as reported by another guest- across the hall-??). We DO NOT smoke! Even after my husband informed him of this fact and invited him into our room to inspect, the staff member refused to come in and simply identified the "designated smoking areas" of the resort as if he hadn't heard my husband state we don't smoke. We were vacationing with our 11y.o. daughter and would never think of setting such a bad example, let alone smoking cancer sticks (no offense to those who choose to partake).
3) We enjoyed the beautiful Awe Spa as well. This was one of the most beautiful spas I've experienced while in the Caribbean. However, during my spa experience, I felt a bit rushed and did not feel completely encouraged to enjoy the amenities of the spa at my own pace (i.e. the steam room, polar pool and swimming pool). I was assigned a spa attendant, who guided me through the spa; my attendant was extremely personable and helpful, but stood close by in each area (allowing 10 mins or less). Unlike most resort spas, I did not see many spa guests enjoying any one area at the same time. Also, my assigned massage therapist was a bit heavy-handed and vigorously stretched my limbs and kneaded my back during the 80mins. "aromatherapy massage"...I avoid deep-tissue massages for a reason! I came away a bit sore for the next couple of days (more so than my day at Dunn's River Falls!). Just be sure to assertively express your pressure preferences. I did, but not as vehemently as I should have I guess (my fault!).
Although Moon Palace had different restaurants (Asian cuisine, Italian cuisine, buffet, Seafood as well as snack bars), our steady choice was the Buccaneer restaurant/buffet. Unlike some resorts, the food presentation was impeccable and it was sparkling clean! We found the variety of food there to be delicious during breakfast, lunch and dinner! It was NEVER boring! There was pasta and tacos made-to-order during dinner and of course omelets for breakfast...we also had the choice of eating inside or outside with a beautiful view of the mountains.
Despite very minute issues that do not warrant extensive mention (a bug here/there, no face towels for the three of us), we honestly had an awesome time! Although we chose not to partake in the vacation planning presentation, we definitely plan to return to the Moon Palace Jamaica in the future!! We definitely got our money's worth!!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms and functional balconies are in areas other than Bldg.#3-which is nearest the entertainment stage and pool w/ entertainment.
2  Thank drat1913

Dear drat1913,

It is with great delight to be in receipt of your wonderful review. At Moon Palace Jamaica our objective is ultimate guest satisfaction attained through ensuring that unparalleled quality service is delivered to you our esteemed guest. As we aim to create the most remarkable vacation memories, we work diligently in pursuit of establishing an atmosphere of great relaxation and engaging activities. As an awe-inclusive family resort it is our desire to persistently convey a welcoming environment to form unforgettable experiences. Continuous reinforcement will be made to ensure our standards and protocols are consistently observed as a result of the most amazing vacation experiences being attained whilst staying at our property. It would be a pleasure to be given the opportunity to host your future vacations through which we seek to surpass your expectancy.

Warmest Regards,