“Moon Palace Jamaica was amazing!”

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We just got back from Moon Palace, Jamaica. The hotel is beautiful and the staff there are very professional, polite, friendly. We didn't know what to expect, it was our first time in Jamaica. Moon Palace, Jamaica exceeded our expectations. The service is outstanding! We fell in love with the Jamaican people, the employees are amazing. Our room was great, comfy beds, tons of activities for our kids. The only thing is if you are looking for a big beach area, Moon Palace doesn't have it. They only have a bay area. We are a family of four and we really enjoyed our stay at Moon Palace!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 716bean
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear 716bean,

Our team is highly appreciative of your review expressing your amazing time had at Moon Palace Jamaica. We are elated that your expectations were exceeded upon vacationing with us. Thank you for the admiration taken in our beautiful Resort, professional and friendly staff,outstanding service and of course the comforting touch of our rooms. As we aim to continuously keep all the members of the family fully engaged ,we are thrilled having learnt that our activities offered were enjoyed by all members of your travelling party. Thank you for the time invested to pen your magnificent experience had with us. We hope to be given the opportunity once more of hosting you to another extraordinary awe-inclusive vacation.

Moon Palace Jamaica.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here in two year. I have to first say that the place is beautiful brand new hotel all-inclusive with good alcohol.

The food here all depends on the day or the restaurant that you choose. But over all the food is better then most all-inclusive. The steak at the Italian restaurant is just as good as a Ruth Chis steak house it is so good. Coming from me that means a lot because I am a steak snob.

So why did I give this place only 3 stars?

1. The service here is not that great.
2. The service is slow.
3. Some of the workers are just rude I don't think they mean to be but I have heard it's more of a culture thing.
4. They expect a tip for everything. Example:
I asked the bar tender to change a 20 so I can tip him and his co-workers and he asked for a tip.......
5. Almost every time I ordered something I had to
Get their attention even when three workers look right at me and they are doing nothing just talking. Again culture thing I so I have heard.
6. 90% of the time when I asked for something I felt like they were doing me a favor.
a) make you feel like it's a lot of work to get you
Something.

Over all the service is the only reason why I gave this place 3 stars. If the service was better it would get 5 stars.

If I came back to Jamaica witch I won't I would stay here again because it is one of the best places in Jamaica and again it's really nice and the food is better then most.

My problem with this place is that for the money that you pay you should be treated better and not feel that when you ask for something your putting them out.

I am not the only person saying this I talked to a lot of guest here and all have said the same-thing. I am not exaggerating this at all.

I was told it's because of their culture.

Lastly I am mostly writing this because I feel that
this hotel can be amazing if they fixed this little problem.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnurnberg

Dear dnurnberg,

It is with great appreciation to have been in receipt of your review. We are overjoyed that our infrastructure and facilities captivated your attention and you took great pleasure in the efforts made to maintain them as such. As we seek to capitalize on all areas of our Resort please note that your concerns have been duly noted and our team is meticulously working towards improving the services offered by team members. This is to ensure that all our highly esteemed guests obtain the ‘wow’ Palace effect in their spectacular vacation package as a result of surpassing your expectations. The team members of whom you specifically mentioned will be most definitely highlighted for their outstanding services provided to you. Despite the concerns raised we would none the less be grateful to be given the opportunity again to hosting a more memorable awe-inclusive getaway than that of your previous.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is our 3rd time visiting Moon Palace Jamaica!! Our first time was in 2015 the place wasn't fully open, then we went back in 2016 and it was great, but this year 2017 was the best!!! Moon Palace Jamaica is a beautiful resort!! We stayed in a villa the views from our room were amazing. The house keeper Elaine did a phenomenal job at keeping our villa spotless!! There's so many things to do at this resort and the staff here is phenomenal! When we went to the pool our waitress Nickiesha (Nikki) never let our drinks get empty and always made sure we have food for lunch. Nikki is the best waitress we have ever had, she is on top of her game!!! Also at the pool the entertainment staff was really awesome Simone in entertainment always make sure that we were involved in the game and that everybody was having a great time. She is also a great MC for the night entertainment. Simone have a sweet personality that works great with people. The entertainment guys (Shamir, Sean, and Jermain) were good also. You also have so many good restauranthis!! In the morning time when we ate at Buccaneer's Reef the waitress Teneil Brown and Veronica Palmer were great! Pier 8 have great friends and great dinner. Memos was my favorite, along with the steakhouse they had the best food ever!!!! Gondola is good also but you have to have the Best waiter Richard Sharp because if you don't have you don't have him it seem like it takes forever for your food. Moon Palace Jamaica has a good night life also my favorite bars were the lobby bar which has the best bartenders in the world. Jerome Lawrence is always on top of the drinks at the lobby bar and Rayon Saunders knows his shots!! They are the bomb!! Then I love the piano bar! All of the staff there is great!! And let's not forget the Noir Night Club! I love Noir!! And let's not forget about Veronica Pintard our Diamond Concierge!! Veronica is the best diamond concierge ever!!! She had everything we ask for and then some!!! I can't wait to comeback next year!!!!! Love Love Moon Palace Jamaica !!! ❤️❤️❤️

3  Thank Melissa F

Dear Melissa F,

Our team at Moon Palace Jamaica is absolutely thrilled having been in receipt of your wonderful review describing your extraordinary time had with us. We are humbled to be highlighted as a beautiful Resort with beautiful people, and most grateful for your loyalty to a breath-taking property. It is with great excite having been made aware of all the areas and individuals who made your time with us a spectacular one. We understand the importance of creating the most engaging environment for our valued guests in an effort to achieve the epitome guest satisfaction. Be assured that these team members will be highly commended for their outstanding services extended to you throughout vacationing with us. We are ecstatic to have already been selected as your future getaway destination, it was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to your return in our remarkable piece of paradise.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We just stayed 12 days here and the reason we decided to go to this resort is because we stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun and loved it. BUT this was not even close to same level as the resort in Cancun. The resort is set in a very beautiful setting except if your room is one of the lower level rooms like we had and you were looking at the roof top and duct work and just a nasty amount of trash on the roof that people have dropped from the rooms above. There were 15 floors and only had 3 small elevators that had way to much technology programed into them for freaking elevator, sometimes it took 15 to 20 minutes to get to our room so 90% of the time we took the stairs. The overall service was OK, I would say it was poor except JOVAN and Elvis were the 2 that made the trip someone enjoyable and really took care of my kiddos and bonded with them. All of the restaurants were really slow and sometimes it took over 2 hours to eat dinner, MOMO was the one exception we ate there twice and enjoyed it both times but had to wait in line for 90 minutes to make a reservation to eat there at night. The pools are nice but really only 1 swim up bar and this hotel has over 700 rooms that kinda nuts especially if the pool side servers don't come around enough. The only way to get food around the pool is to place an order with a server which sometimes it would take over an hour to get that food even if just chips and salsa or you could put cloths on and go the buffet and get the food yourself on paper plates, ya paper freaking paper plates just get plastic plates that you can reuse makes not sense. If I was to return I would email the hotel to check and see if JOVAN was still working. I am pretty disappointed in spending $15,000 for a vacation and the service is pretty bad and the food is average or below average and they don't really pay much attention to detail. We did enjoy the trip but we had to lower our expectations.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor room so you are not looking at garbage on the roof top below
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank PapaGymnastics
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear PapaGymnastics,

Our team at Moon Palace Jamaica is elated to be in receipt of your review describing your overall experience achieved with us. We are thrilled of the admiration expressed in the beautiful maintenance of our breath-taking Resort, nice pools, the exceptional service and food extended at our exquisite MoMo restaurant upon both your dining experiences. The team members to have made such a remarkable impact on your vacation as a result of their outstanding services offered will be profoundly applauded for this effort. Having heard of your undesirable encounters are however truly heart-breaking as I can assure you that this is not our intention. We have vigorously commenced assessments as a platform of implementing the necessary adjustments in the respective areas mentioned. Allow us the opportunity of providing a more phenomenal Palace experience in the future than that which you described within your review.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We have been "black band" members of Moon Palace Resorts for a decade. We have traveled to many resort locations and chose the Jamaica resort because it was smaller for my elderly parents and boasted a teen club for 3 of our children. Our room was beautiful! A presidential suite with a presidential view! You don't wake up to a view like that too many places and was worth much of the negative things. Too bad I found make up on my pillow case the morning after our late evening arrival. I don't wear make up. I informed housekeeping and all of the beds had the bedding replaced that day. The outdoor facility is beautiful. The beach is kept so clean. We could walk right out and see plenty of sea life. Many of us paddleboarded and used the equipment regularly and enjoyed being sailed around the area by a wonderful young man. Our prescheduled tours were not scheduled properly and had to be quickly redone during the week. The food is not good in most places...the buffet boasts cold, flavorless food, the seafood house food was inedible to 7 of 9 of our party. The Italian restaurant was the same--6 out of 9 disliked it...we are an easy to please group. The steak house was wonderful one night and so we went back. It wasn't as good the second night. The Japanese restaurant was almost impossible to get into. A member of our party had to wait hours in line to make a reservation only to be turned away. It took 2 days to get in there. It was very good but not worth the inconvenience. Many of the staff were very friendly. Nikki, our server at the swim up bar and all of the bartenders there and at the main lobby were lovely. But there were so many others who were sullen, sour and wouldn't make eye contact. We are a nice bunch and tip generously even at all inclusives, but even that didn't make some of them smile or even say thank you. The teen bar was a joke. One pool table with missing pool balls and a broken cue. The teens declared it awful and didn't spend much time there. Evening entertainment was not half as good as other resorts, we often left way before the show was over. They brought in local vendors who were very pushy. We tried to go for a walk and shop at local shops but were accosted by aggressive people trying to sell us cheap beads, hair braiding, and pot. We quickly returned back to the confines of the gated resort. The gift shop was a joke and you cannot get anything decent with your resort credits...there is no selection like other Moon Palace resorts. But the absolute worst thing was a concert on the beach that began around 5 one evening. Some fool literally screamed into a microphone until midnight! My teenager said the guy was like 'Lil John, but with no talent. It was so loud it was shaking the water in our 6th floor, marble encased bathroom. Children at the restaurants were holding their ears. And we saw a poor bride and her bridal party shocked and visibly distraught. Imagine paying for a Caribbean wedding and having a man scream in a microphone through the whole ceremony. We found out from the employees that the owner of this resort also owns the beach where this horrible concert was located, thus they had knowledge of what this man did and allowed it to occur despite a resort full of families with children. They also claim this only happens once a year. Still, it should never have happened at all. We may try to return to this place in a decade, perhaps by then, they will have hired new chefs and have a better grasp on what makes people want to come back: good food, good service, and a beautiful facility. But they need a lot of work to deserve the 5 stars they claim to have.

Room Tip: 4 balcony,2 br, 2.5 bath, dr, lr suite room 20631 stunning views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear bcalissi2,

It is with tremendous gratification having been in receipt of your thorough review. We are highly appreciative that the beautification of our rooms and outdoor facilities were admired by you our valued guest likewise the cleanliness persistently maintained on our sun-kissed beach. Our Water Sports team members are thrilled to have been made aware that their activities captivated your overall interaction and engagement. As our objective is to attain the ultimate in guest satisfaction, our family at Moon Palace Jamaica is sincerely heart-broken to be made aware that a less than amazing experience was achieved. Your areas of opportunity mentioned will receive special attention as we zoom in on the controllable concerns raised in order to improve on our services. We hope that these encounters do not deter a future visit to our Resort, where our intention is that of delivering the ultimate awe-inclusive Palace experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Excellent family property. Lots to do. Friendly staff. Super choice of meals. Buffet had 20 meat dishes. Looking forward to going back at every opportunity. We were a party of 7 adults and three small kids. Was wonderful.

Room Tip: rooms with ocean view are the best.

Dear derek j,

Our team is thrilled to have hosted you to a spectacular family vacation as described in your review. For your kids to have been so engaged in the activities provided just for them is a representation that a fun-filled vacation was attained on their behalf. We are grateful to have been highlighted as an excellent family property on behalf of you our esteemed guests. At Moon Palace Jamaica continuous effort is directed towards providing the epitome quality of service to all our guests, we are ecstatic that this was evident throughout your vacation duration and look forward to hosting you soon to more magical experiences than that attained on your last getaway with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was immensely impressed with the hotel service and staff. The breakfast selection was fantastic. The À la cart restaurants food was incredible served with a smile. The 24hour coffee shop was a favourite spot to hang out and chill with a delicious coffee and a nuaghty cake. You will see me again for sure.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear govindbennett,

We are highly appreciative of the time invested to pen such a remarkable review. Our team is filled with excite to have learnt that our restaurants selection were fantastic and the food was incredibly enticing, likewise our coffee shop which was your most favorite chill spot during your time spent with us. As we assiduously work towards constantly developing our services and facilities we are grateful that whilst vacationing at our beautiful Resort this was immensely appreciated by you our valued guests. We excitedly await your return upon which it will be our pleasure to create an even more splendid ambiance than that which you experienced during your previous visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocho Rios
77.8 km away
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Moon Palace Jamaica? Share your experiences!