US$292
US$270
US$294
US$136
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
US$75
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$56
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$158
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$58
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$508
Prestigia.com
2,165 results
All reviewsloud barflow riderresort creditwater journeyawe spakonoko fallsmomo restaurantla gondolavacation plannerspresidential suitegondola restaurantmartini barpalace membersclub noirdiamond conciergepublic relationsdolphin swim
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Really enjoyed the pools, restaurants, and things the resort had to offer. Wonderful food...incredible steak out on the dock where the Steakhouse is located. Recommend upgrading to a good bottle of wine with your resort credits...wish we had thought of that earlier in our stay. Great times in the piano bar and the staff (Sabrina) was great there including the piano player (Andre). And Sabrina even went to the Italian restaurant to get our favorite after dinner drink, limoncello! Wife really enjoyed the spa and we had fun walking up Dunn River Falls. My brother, his wife, and I went to Magic Mountain and enjoyed the lift to the top, the pool with sliding board at the top with great view of bay (didn't have time to enjoy restaurant at top), hummingbird area and history area, the cool runnings ride was comparable to a one car roller coaster in which you control the speed-what fun! see videos on line, and we also did the zip lining as well (my first time) and even after major back surgery 2 years ago, it was all good! We took a boat cruise from the resort out along the coast and stopped at a small bay to go for a swim. They had some mixed drinks, beer, soda, water and fun music. Nice to get out and about and see a little of the coast line and other resorts. Used one of the small sailboat often, the big water pedal cycle also. The beaches don't have big waves. They have kayaks and sailboards too. They have the swim with the Dolphins area. You can see a mini-show to see a preview. We've done this elsewhere and enjoyed it!
Some of the staff who go above and beyond in service and personality were:
Corey at Momo Asian restaurant, Fitzroy at the Steakhouse, Nicholas and Kerona by the pool. We enjoyed the shows each evening. They had vendors there one night. The resort shop has a lot of things you might use for the beach or for souvenirs. We walked into town one day and went through some of the shops there and got a view things and sampled some rum. Didn't get to the infamous places for jerk chicken but had some at the restaurant by the water that was good. While the shuttle bus trip from airport is maybe 1:45, gives you a chance to see the countryside so keep your camera at the ready. The plus side is there's more to do close to Ocho Rios in the way of excursions.
As members we were surprised to find out that our 10 day stay was interrupted by our room cards not working after 7 days and our free benefits as members should have been used in the first 7 days. Had to call to verify my wife's extra spa benefits. These issues should be better explained up front (after asking a couple times at check-in).

Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Dear Viaggiante,

Thank you for sharing your phenomenal review expressing your extraordinary experiences achieved whilst vacationing with us.
Our team is ecstatic to have hosted your awesome family vacation at our beautiful Resort, we are pleased that our superb Restaurants, wonderful Steak House, Piano Bar and rejuvenation Awe-Spa captivated your undivided attention as highlighted in your review.
The team members to have extended outstanding services to you will most definitely be applauded for their impeccable execution
Thank you once more for selecting us as your getaway destination, we hope to be bestowed the opportunity once more in creating unforgettable memories and unparalleled experiences.

Moon palacee Jamaica

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We are here now. Booked with thomsons. Arrived very tired after a long journey from the uk then a 90 minute ride to the hotel. Greeted with a poor glass of orange juice a wet towel and a fend for yourself. No Thomson rep in sight.
We paid for 3 adults and an 8 year old child just over £15,000 for a 5 star fabulous hotel in Jamaica. We paid extra for a sea view room with a balcony. This hotel is NOT 5 star. We got a room with no balcony. A sparsely stocked mini bar a shower with no water pressure and no hot water. We asked to be moved to a room that we had paid for and were assured we would be able to move on Saturday ( tomorrow ). My husband went to reception earlier to see what time we would be moving ( we haven't unpacked by the way since Wednesday ) only to be told they had not written down our request to move therefore we can't move. I cannot express how disgusted and upset we are It appears to me that if you're not a diamond guest in here you are treated differently and you get the 'pontins ' like apartments as opposed to the apartments that are advertised in the Thomson brochure. If the management read these reviews please contact me in room 30919 as I can't seem to contact you !!!!!

Stayed: August 2017
29  Thank Fiona H
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Fiona H,

Thank you for making it Moon Palace Jamaica we are delighted to have been selected as your vacation destination.

All our guests are greeted with our special pineapple and ginger juice as our welcome drink. As our intention is to extend a remarkable experience to you, we are saddened that a less than spectacular time was had at the time of you sharing this review.

Despite these encounters, we hope to be given the opportunity in the future to host you to a more fulfilling experience than that which you described in this review.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

We just got back from Moon Palace, Jamaica. The hotel is beautiful and the staff there are very professional, polite, friendly. We didn't know what to expect, it was our first time in Jamaica. Moon Palace, Jamaica exceeded our expectations. The service is outstanding! We fell in love with the Jamaican people, the employees are amazing. Our room was great, comfy beds, tons of activities for our kids. The only thing is if you are looking for a big beach area, Moon Palace doesn't have it. They only have a bay area. We are a family of four and we really enjoyed our stay at Moon Palace!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 716bean
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear 716bean,

Our team is highly appreciative of your review expressing your amazing time had at Moon Palace Jamaica. We are elated that your expectations were exceeded upon vacationing with us. Thank you for the admiration taken in our beautiful Resort, professional and friendly staff,outstanding service and of course the comforting touch of our rooms. As we aim to continuously keep all the members of the family fully engaged ,we are thrilled having learnt that our activities offered were enjoyed by all members of your travelling party. Thank you for the time invested to pen your magnificent experience had with us. We hope to be given the opportunity once more of hosting you to another extraordinary awe-inclusive vacation.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here in two year. I have to first say that the place is beautiful brand new hotel all-inclusive with good alcohol.

The food here all depends on the day or the restaurant that you choose. But over all the food is better then most all-inclusive. The steak at the Italian restaurant is just as good as a Ruth Chis steak house it is so good. Coming from me that means a lot because I am a steak snob.

So why did I give this place only 3 stars?

1. The service here is not that great.
2. The service is slow.
3. Some of the workers are just rude I don't think they mean to be but I have heard it's more of a culture thing.
4. They expect a tip for everything. Example:
I asked the bar tender to change a 20 so I can tip him and his co-workers and he asked for a tip.......
5. Almost every time I ordered something I had to
Get their attention even when three workers look right at me and they are doing nothing just talking. Again culture thing I so I have heard.
6. 90% of the time when I asked for something I felt like they were doing me a favor.
a) make you feel like it's a lot of work to get you
Something.

Over all the service is the only reason why I gave this place 3 stars. If the service was better it would get 5 stars.

If I came back to Jamaica witch I won't I would stay here again because it is one of the best places in Jamaica and again it's really nice and the food is better then most.

My problem with this place is that for the money that you pay you should be treated better and not feel that when you ask for something your putting them out.

I am not the only person saying this I talked to a lot of guest here and all have said the same-thing. I am not exaggerating this at all.

I was told it's because of their culture.

Lastly I am mostly writing this because I feel that
this hotel can be amazing if they fixed this little problem.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnurnberg

Dear dnurnberg,

It is with great appreciation to have been in receipt of your review. We are overjoyed that our infrastructure and facilities captivated your attention and you took great pleasure in the efforts made to maintain them as such. As we seek to capitalize on all areas of our Resort please note that your concerns have been duly noted and our team is meticulously working towards improving the services offered by team members. This is to ensure that all our highly esteemed guests obtain the ‘wow’ Palace effect in their spectacular vacation package as a result of surpassing your expectations. The team members of whom you specifically mentioned will be most definitely highlighted for their outstanding services provided to you. Despite the concerns raised we would none the less be grateful to be given the opportunity again to hosting a more memorable awe-inclusive getaway than that of your previous.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

This is our 3rd time visiting Moon Palace Jamaica!! Our first time was in 2015 the place wasn't fully open, then we went back in 2016 and it was great, but this year 2017 was the best!!! Moon Palace Jamaica is a beautiful resort!! We stayed in a villa the views from our room were amazing. The house keeper Elaine did a phenomenal job at keeping our villa spotless!! There's so many things to do at this resort and the staff here is phenomenal! When we went to the pool our waitress Nickiesha (Nikki) never let our drinks get empty and always made sure we have food for lunch. Nikki is the best waitress we have ever had, she is on top of her game!!! Also at the pool the entertainment staff was really awesome Simone in entertainment always make sure that we were involved in the game and that everybody was having a great time. She is also a great MC for the night entertainment. Simone have a sweet personality that works great with people. The entertainment guys (Shamir, Sean, and Jermain) were good also. You also have so many good restauranthis!! In the morning time when we ate at Buccaneer's Reef the waitress Teneil Brown and Veronica Palmer were great! Pier 8 have great friends and great dinner. Memos was my favorite, along with the steakhouse they had the best food ever!!!! Gondola is good also but you have to have the Best waiter Richard Sharp because if you don't have you don't have him it seem like it takes forever for your food. Moon Palace Jamaica has a good night life also my favorite bars were the lobby bar which has the best bartenders in the world. Jerome Lawrence is always on top of the drinks at the lobby bar and Rayon Saunders knows his shots!! They are the bomb!! Then I love the piano bar! All of the staff there is great!! And let's not forget the Noir Night Club! I love Noir!! And let's not forget about Veronica Pintard our Diamond Concierge!! Veronica is the best diamond concierge ever!!! She had everything we ask for and then some!!! I can't wait to comeback next year!!!!! Love Love Moon Palace Jamaica !!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa F

Dear Melissa F,

Our team at Moon Palace Jamaica is absolutely thrilled having been in receipt of your wonderful review describing your extraordinary time had with us. We are humbled to be highlighted as a beautiful Resort with beautiful people, and most grateful for your loyalty to a breath-taking property. It is with great excite having been made aware of all the areas and individuals who made your time with us a spectacular one. We understand the importance of creating the most engaging environment for our valued guests in an effort to achieve the epitome guest satisfaction. Be assured that these team members will be highly commended for their outstanding services extended to you throughout vacationing with us. We are ecstatic to have already been selected as your future getaway destination, it was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to your return in our remarkable piece of paradise.

Moon Palace Jamaica