2,239 results
All reviewsloud barflow riderresort creditwater journeyawe spakonoko fallsla gondolavacation plannersmomo restaurantpresidential suitegondola restaurantpalace membersclub noirdiamond conciergemartini barpublic relationsdolphin swim
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We arrived at moon palace knowing absolutely nothing about it as we are first timers to Jamaica. Their amazing staff welcomed us delightfully making us feel like we are home. Me and family are vegetarians and there weren't the best choices for us to eat at the dinner time restaurants. Although despite this we talked to the manager of the restaurant pier 8 (Bradley) as we were amazed by the view of the restaurant. He set everything up for us and brought the chef to speak with us. The chef's name was Chef Surrano and he cooked whatever we asked him to cook for us, keep in mind that this restaurant was very busy at all times and so he went above and beyond to meet our needs. We thought we had to struggle to find vegetarian food but chef Surrano was so kind to make our kind of food for us. Lastly, our waitress angela was so kind to us and did everything we asked her too. She brought whatever we asked her to bring to us and would keep checking up on us if we were doing alright. If you ever travel to Moon Palace Jamaica and meet these people, trust me they will be one of the nicest and kind hearted people you will ever meet. All in all the resort is amazing and you will never get tired of it as there is an abundance of activities to do.

Room Tip: the partial ocean view is practically like a ocean view so if you are tying to save money the partial ocean view will do the job.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear ishan p,

Thank you for the time invested to share your fantastic review expressing your awesome time spent with us. It was such an honor having been bestowed the opportunity of hosting your first Jamaican getaway,our team is ecstatic to have been deemed this preference. We are delighted that our staff's first class service and attitude was received with high gratification by you, our objective is always to exceed our guests expectation hence it is quite fulfilling to have seen this highlighted throughout your experience. As we aim to extend the 'over and beyond' treatment to all our guests we are pleased that this was delivered to you in order to fulfill your meal requests at our tranquil and magnificent Pier 8 restaurant . At Moon Palace Jamaica we cherish all our esteemed guests and hope to offer the epitome quality of service as an invite to revisit our piece of paradise.

Moon Palace Jamaica

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Really enjoyed the pools, restaurants, and things the resort had to offer. Wonderful food...incredible steak out on the dock where the Steakhouse is located. Recommend upgrading to a good bottle of wine with your resort credits...wish we had thought of that earlier in our stay. Great times in the piano bar and the staff (Sabrina) was great there including the piano player (Andre). And Sabrina even went to the Italian restaurant to get our favorite after dinner drink, limoncello! Wife really enjoyed the spa and we had fun walking up Dunn River Falls. My brother, his wife, and I went to Magic Mountain and enjoyed the lift to the top, the pool with sliding board at the top with great view of bay (didn't have time to enjoy restaurant at top), hummingbird area and history area, the cool runnings ride was comparable to a one car roller coaster in which you control the speed-what fun! see videos on line, and we also did the zip lining as well (my first time) and even after major back surgery 2 years ago, it was all good! We took a boat cruise from the resort out along the coast and stopped at a small bay to go for a swim. They had some mixed drinks, beer, soda, water and fun music. Nice to get out and about and see a little of the coast line and other resorts. Used one of the small sailboat often, the big water pedal cycle also. The beaches don't have big waves. They have kayaks and sailboards too. They have the swim with the Dolphins area. You can see a mini-show to see a preview. We've done this elsewhere and enjoyed it!
Some of the staff who go above and beyond in service and personality were:
Corey at Momo Asian restaurant, Fitzroy at the Steakhouse, Nicholas and Kerona by the pool. We enjoyed the shows each evening. They had vendors there one night. The resort shop has a lot of things you might use for the beach or for souvenirs. We walked into town one day and went through some of the shops there and got a view things and sampled some rum. Didn't get to the infamous places for jerk chicken but had some at the restaurant by the water that was good. While the shuttle bus trip from airport is maybe 1:45, gives you a chance to see the countryside so keep your camera at the ready. The plus side is there's more to do close to Ocho Rios in the way of excursions.
As members we were surprised to find out that our 10 day stay was interrupted by our room cards not working after 7 days and our free benefits as members should have been used in the first 7 days. Had to call to verify my wife's extra spa benefits. These issues should be better explained up front (after asking a couple times at check-in).

Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Dear Viaggiante,

Thank you for sharing your phenomenal review expressing your extraordinary experiences achieved whilst vacationing with us.
Our team is ecstatic to have hosted your awesome family vacation at our beautiful Resort, we are pleased that our superb Restaurants, wonderful Steak House, Piano Bar and rejuvenation Awe-Spa captivated your undivided attention as highlighted in your review.
The team members to have extended outstanding services to you will most definitely be applauded for their impeccable execution
Thank you once more for selecting us as your getaway destination, we hope to be bestowed the opportunity once more in creating unforgettable memories and unparalleled experiences.

Moon palacee Jamaica

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We are here now. Booked with thomsons. Arrived very tired after a long journey from the uk then a 90 minute ride to the hotel. Greeted with a poor glass of orange juice a wet towel and a fend for yourself. No Thomson rep in sight.
We paid for 3 adults and an 8 year old child just over £15,000 for a 5 star fabulous hotel in Jamaica. We paid extra for a sea view room with a balcony. This hotel is NOT 5 star. We got a room with no balcony. A sparsely stocked mini bar a shower with no water pressure and no hot water. We asked to be moved to a room that we had paid for and were assured we would be able to move on Saturday ( tomorrow ). My husband went to reception earlier to see what time we would be moving ( we haven't unpacked by the way since Wednesday ) only to be told they had not written down our request to move therefore we can't move. I cannot express how disgusted and upset we are It appears to me that if you're not a diamond guest in here you are treated differently and you get the 'pontins ' like apartments as opposed to the apartments that are advertised in the Thomson brochure. If the management read these reviews please contact me in room 30919 as I can't seem to contact you !!!!!

Stayed: August 2017
29  Thank Fiona H
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Fiona H,

Thank you for making it Moon Palace Jamaica we are delighted to have been selected as your vacation destination.

All our guests are greeted with our special pineapple and ginger juice as our welcome drink. As our intention is to extend a remarkable experience to you, we are saddened that a less than spectacular time was had at the time of you sharing this review.

Despite these encounters, we hope to be given the opportunity in the future to host you to a more fulfilling experience than that which you described in this review.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

We just got back from Moon Palace, Jamaica. The hotel is beautiful and the staff there are very professional, polite, friendly. We didn't know what to expect, it was our first time in Jamaica. Moon Palace, Jamaica exceeded our expectations. The service is outstanding! We fell in love with the Jamaican people, the employees are amazing. Our room was great, comfy beds, tons of activities for our kids. The only thing is if you are looking for a big beach area, Moon Palace doesn't have it. They only have a bay area. We are a family of four and we really enjoyed our stay at Moon Palace!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 716bean
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear 716bean,

Our team is highly appreciative of your review expressing your amazing time had at Moon Palace Jamaica. We are elated that your expectations were exceeded upon vacationing with us. Thank you for the admiration taken in our beautiful Resort, professional and friendly staff,outstanding service and of course the comforting touch of our rooms. As we aim to continuously keep all the members of the family fully engaged ,we are thrilled having learnt that our activities offered were enjoyed by all members of your travelling party. Thank you for the time invested to pen your magnificent experience had with us. We hope to be given the opportunity once more of hosting you to another extraordinary awe-inclusive vacation.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here in two year. I have to first say that the place is beautiful brand new hotel all-inclusive with good alcohol.

The food here all depends on the day or the restaurant that you choose. But over all the food is better then most all-inclusive. The steak at the Italian restaurant is just as good as a Ruth Chis steak house it is so good. Coming from me that means a lot because I am a steak snob.

So why did I give this place only 3 stars?

1. The service here is not that great.
2. The service is slow.
3. Some of the workers are just rude I don't think they mean to be but I have heard it's more of a culture thing.
4. They expect a tip for everything. Example:
I asked the bar tender to change a 20 so I can tip him and his co-workers and he asked for a tip.......
5. Almost every time I ordered something I had to
Get their attention even when three workers look right at me and they are doing nothing just talking. Again culture thing I so I have heard.
6. 90% of the time when I asked for something I felt like they were doing me a favor.
a) make you feel like it's a lot of work to get you
Something.

Over all the service is the only reason why I gave this place 3 stars. If the service was better it would get 5 stars.

If I came back to Jamaica witch I won't I would stay here again because it is one of the best places in Jamaica and again it's really nice and the food is better then most.

My problem with this place is that for the money that you pay you should be treated better and not feel that when you ask for something your putting them out.

I am not the only person saying this I talked to a lot of guest here and all have said the same-thing. I am not exaggerating this at all.

I was told it's because of their culture.

Lastly I am mostly writing this because I feel that
this hotel can be amazing if they fixed this little problem.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnurnberg

Dear dnurnberg,

It is with great appreciation to have been in receipt of your review. We are overjoyed that our infrastructure and facilities captivated your attention and you took great pleasure in the efforts made to maintain them as such. As we seek to capitalize on all areas of our Resort please note that your concerns have been duly noted and our team is meticulously working towards improving the services offered by team members. This is to ensure that all our highly esteemed guests obtain the ‘wow’ Palace effect in their spectacular vacation package as a result of surpassing your expectations. The team members of whom you specifically mentioned will be most definitely highlighted for their outstanding services provided to you. Despite the concerns raised we would none the less be grateful to be given the opportunity again to hosting a more memorable awe-inclusive getaway than that of your previous.