“Take me back”

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was a beautiful resort, very clean and modern. My husband and I travelled with our teenage kids and they were super excited to find out at check in that there was unlimited wifi throughout the resort 24/7. There was also free long distance. Food was great, no need to make reservations for dinner, walk in with no wait at all. Staff were super friendly everywhere. Service was outstanding. One morning we called the front desk for something, it arrived within minutes and minutes after that, the front desk called to make sure it had arrived. We met an amazing employee at the pool who took care of us the entire week with food and drinks all day, Jivan was awesome. This resort was top notch, would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Q8047CNpatriciaf
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Q8047CNpatriciaf,

We are ecstatic to be in receipt of your fabulous review describing your marvelous experience had with us. It is a pleasure to have hosted you to a spectacular family vacation and are highly appreciative of the recommendation made by you our valued guest. We are delighted that our outstanding service, super friendly staff and our great food was received with much gratification throughout staying on our wonderful property.The team member mentioned whom made special contribution to your Island Palace getaway will be most definitely applauded. At Moon Palace Jamaica we are driven by the force of ensuring that first class service is delivered to all our guests and as a result we look forward to hosting another magnificent vacation for you and your beautiful family.

There are newer reviews for Moon Palace Jamaica

Reviewed 15 August 2017

What a complete disappointment. The property is newer and beautiful views. That's where it stops. The service was the worst I have experienced at an all inclusive property. Our rooms were not correct when we checked in and never really addressed to my satisfaction. Beware the resort credits for activities as you are charged a service fee on them at check out. We were encouraged to tip for every service to "improve" service despite this being all inclusive. The food was good but eating at restaurants takes a LONG time. There was never a go to manager to speak with, only the run around. We will never be back...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank totalsportscare

Dear totalsportscare,

Thank you for the time invested to pen your experience attained while staying at our Resort. Our team would like to express utmost gratitude having had select us as your preferred getaway destination. It is with tremendous dismay to have learnt of your undesirable encounters experienced during a time intended to be filled with wonderful memories. Please note that your concerns have been duly noted and the necessary adjustments will be assiduously executed. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity of creating a more satisfactory vacation on our breath-taking awe-inclusive family Resort where our goal is exceeding that of your expectation.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel looks very impressive on entering but it was a total let down for me. The wet wash cloth we got on arrival was a nice touch, but they should have saved those wash cloths for the room. I stayed five nights and had to call for a wash cloth and a towel every night. The housekeeper only left two even though there are three beds in the room. One day she told us there were no wash cloths. We got 2 later. There are three of us. The house keeper did a lousy job - room not cleaned and toilet tissue not replenished even though the roll was used up.
The workers at check in seemed confused and overwhelmed hence they came off as being incompetent. There were three of us in the room (all adults). They gave us a room with one king sized bed even though we had asked for two full or queen beds and a "roll away" on booking. We had to plead our case to the manager and were able to move the next day after someone checked out.
The dining room servers were pleasant, Romaine was very attentive and helpful. The female workers at the lobby bar were pleasant as well.
It seemed to me like the "My pleasure", as the workers say was not meant as the faces did not match the words - a few exceptions of course.
The room credit was was not worth it as there was a very high service charge to use it.
Customer service is the most important thing to me when I stay at a hotel. Moon Palace Jamaica Grande fell short.

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank purlann
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear purlann,

Your review is highly appreciated by the entire Moon Palace Jamaica team. We are delighted to hear about the amazing experiences you had throughout our facilities and guarantee that we will consistently work towards maintaining them as such. The exceptional team members mentioned will most definitely be commended for their outstanding execution. As we aim to continuously make your vacation an extraordinary one, we must admit dismay at hearing of the out of norm experiences had with members of our team, please be assured that we will undoubtedly assess and address where necessary. Our pursuit is to improve our services and amenities to exceed your vacation expectations, and we would be thrilled to have the opportunity of hosting you to future vacations.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We arrived at moon palace knowing absolutely nothing about it as we are first timers to Jamaica. Their amazing staff welcomed us delightfully making us feel like we are home. Me and family are vegetarians and there weren't the best choices for us to eat at the dinner time restaurants. Although despite this we talked to the manager of the restaurant pier 8 (Bradley) as we were amazed by the view of the restaurant. He set everything up for us and brought the chef to speak with us. The chef's name was Chef Surrano and he cooked whatever we asked him to cook for us, keep in mind that this restaurant was very busy at all times and so he went above and beyond to meet our needs. We thought we had to struggle to find vegetarian food but chef Surrano was so kind to make our kind of food for us. Lastly, our waitress angela was so kind to us and did everything we asked her too. She brought whatever we asked her to bring to us and would keep checking up on us if we were doing alright. If you ever travel to Moon Palace Jamaica and meet these people, trust me they will be one of the nicest and kind hearted people you will ever meet. All in all the resort is amazing and you will never get tired of it as there is an abundance of activities to do.

Room Tip: the partial ocean view is practically like a ocean view so if you are tying to save money the partia...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear ishan p,

Thank you for the time invested to share your fantastic review expressing your awesome time spent with us. It was such an honor having been bestowed the opportunity of hosting your first Jamaican getaway,our team is ecstatic to have been deemed this preference. We are delighted that our staff's first class service and attitude was received with high gratification by you, our objective is always to exceed our guests expectation hence it is quite fulfilling to have seen this highlighted throughout your experience. As we aim to extend the 'over and beyond' treatment to all our guests we are pleased that this was delivered to you in order to fulfill your meal requests at our tranquil and magnificent Pier 8 restaurant . At Moon Palace Jamaica we cherish all our esteemed guests and hope to offer the epitome quality of service as an invite to revisit our piece of paradise.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We are here now. Booked with thomsons. Arrived very tired after a long journey from the uk then a 90 minute ride to the hotel. Greeted with a poor glass of orange juice a wet towel and a fend for yourself. No Thomson rep in sight.
We paid for 3 adults and an 8 year old child just over £15,000 for a 5 star fabulous hotel in Jamaica. We paid extra for a sea view room with a balcony. This hotel is NOT 5 star. We got a room with no balcony. A sparsely stocked mini bar a shower with no water pressure and no hot water. We asked to be moved to a room that we had paid for and were assured we would be able to move on Saturday ( tomorrow ). My husband went to reception earlier to see what time we would be moving ( we haven't unpacked by the way since Wednesday ) only to be told they had not written down our request to move therefore we can't move. I cannot express how disgusted and upset we are It appears to me that if you're not a diamond guest in here you are treated differently and you get the 'pontins ' like apartments as opposed to the apartments that are advertised in the Thomson brochure. If the management read these reviews please contact me in room 30919 as I can't seem to contact you !!!!!

Stayed: August 2017
26  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We just got back from Moon Palace, Jamaica. The hotel is beautiful and the staff there are very professional, polite, friendly. We didn't know what to expect, it was our first time in Jamaica. Moon Palace, Jamaica exceeded our expectations. The service is outstanding! We fell in love with the Jamaican people, the employees are amazing. Our room was great, comfy beds, tons of activities for our kids. The only thing is if you are looking for a big beach area, Moon Palace doesn't have it. They only have a bay area. We are a family of four and we really enjoyed our stay at Moon Palace!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 716bean
Kemarlo C, Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear 716bean,

Our team is highly appreciative of your review expressing your amazing time had at Moon Palace Jamaica. We are elated that your expectations were exceeded upon vacationing with us. Thank you for the admiration taken in our beautiful Resort, professional and friendly staff,outstanding service and of course the comforting touch of our rooms. As we aim to continuously keep all the members of the family fully engaged ,we are thrilled having learnt that our activities offered were enjoyed by all members of your travelling party. Thank you for the time invested to pen your magnificent experience had with us. We hope to be given the opportunity once more of hosting you to another extraordinary awe-inclusive vacation.

Moon Palace Jamaica.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here in two year. I have to first say that the place is beautiful brand new hotel all-inclusive with good alcohol.

The food here all depends on the day or the restaurant that you choose. But over all the food is better then most all-inclusive. The steak at the Italian restaurant is just as good as a Ruth Chis steak house it is so good. Coming from me that means a lot because I am a steak snob.

So why did I give this place only 3 stars?

1. The service here is not that great.
2. The service is slow.
3. Some of the workers are just rude I don't think they mean to be but I have heard it's more of a culture thing.
4. They expect a tip for everything. Example:
I asked the bar tender to change a 20 so I can tip him and his co-workers and he asked for a tip.......
5. Almost every time I ordered something I had to
Get their attention even when three workers look right at me and they are doing nothing just talking. Again culture thing I so I have heard.
6. 90% of the time when I asked for something I felt like they were doing me a favor.
a) make you feel like it's a lot of work to get you
Something.

Over all the service is the only reason why I gave this place 3 stars. If the service was better it would get 5 stars.

If I came back to Jamaica witch I won't I would stay here again because it is one of the best places in Jamaica and again it's really nice and the food is better then most.

My problem with this place is that for the money that you pay you should be treated better and not feel that when you ask for something your putting them out.

I am not the only person saying this I talked to a lot of guest here and all have said the same-thing. I am not exaggerating this at all.

I was told it's because of their culture.

Lastly I am mostly writing this because I feel that
this hotel can be amazing if they fixed this little problem.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnurnberg

Dear dnurnberg,

It is with great appreciation to have been in receipt of your review. We are overjoyed that our infrastructure and facilities captivated your attention and you took great pleasure in the efforts made to maintain them as such. As we seek to capitalize on all areas of our Resort please note that your concerns have been duly noted and our team is meticulously working towards improving the services offered by team members. This is to ensure that all our highly esteemed guests obtain the ‘wow’ Palace effect in their spectacular vacation package as a result of surpassing your expectations. The team members of whom you specifically mentioned will be most definitely highlighted for their outstanding services provided to you. Despite the concerns raised we would none the less be grateful to be given the opportunity again to hosting a more memorable awe-inclusive getaway than that of your previous.

Moon Palace Jamaica.

89.3 km away
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Moon Palace Jamaica? Share your experiences!