“Absolutely beautiful”

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed at this resort for a week for a friend's wedding. We stayed in the 5 bedroom Midnight cove villa which was amazing. It had two private hot tubs, a pool table, and a fully stocked bar. Not to mention it came with a private wait staff who would do anything from mix you a drink to iron your clothes -- it was first class!

The only minor negative review I have was the restaurant experience. They were out of lobster, out of Pinot Noir (only on our last night), and out of potatoes/hashbrowns for breakfast. The menu had a small selection and it did not change our entire stay. What they did serve, however, was exquisite. It was really, really good food -- unfortunately just poor selection/availability. It was also unfortunate that they did not have any indoor dining, so we often were quite hot & sweaty during our meals.

I've travelled all over the world and this is by far one of my favorite resorts. What really made the stay most enjoyable was the hotel manager, Richard Gordon. He did virtually anything we needed including opening up the pool bar at odd hours and opening up a store so we could shop in the late evening. He really went above and beyond for any minor request -- I highly recommend asking for him if you decide to stay at this resort. He made all the difference!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nashraghavan

Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I had a phenomenal wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs last month. We along with 60+ of our closest family and friends took over the entire resort and every single one of us was sad to leave. We are convinced that we could not have picked a better place to host our event!

We did not use a travel agent to coordinate our group’s travel arrangements and never felt like we needed to. Their office in Chicago did a great job handling our reservations and keeping us in the loop with guest bookings, payments, etc. Hats off to them!

The resort is absolutely gorgeous and so well kept. The views are breathtaking and the layout is simply perfect. Our guests kept saying how it looked exactly like it does in pictures and were blown away from the very beginning. Shuttles from the airport were easy to find, the two hour ride to Negril was smooth, and the cold rum punch to greet each guest was a super nice touch. Most rooms were ready for guests upon arrival and each of our on-site guests (us especially!) were pleased with their rooms from day one. Each was large, immaculately clean, and boasted a jaw-dropping view of the ocean.

The food was awesome and drinks were strong…absolutely no complaints here! We hosted a number of events where we all ate together and each meal and set of drink concoctions was better than the last, with the best being our reception meal.

The staff is what really did it for us. From our butlers (we’ve never had our own butlers before!) and wait-staff all the way up to the concierge, everyone treated us like royalty. They each made sure that my husband and I as well as each of our guests had a blast. The level of service they delivered is like no other we’ve ever experienced and we will certainly never forget it.

Kerry, the resort’s very own wedding coordinator, was the staff member I dealt with most and deserves a special mention. We planned our big shindig via email for about a year and the entire process went smoother than we could have ever imagined. To anyone considering a wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs, book it. You have nothing to lose - Kerry is one of the best out there and the resort is gorgeous and filled with staff more than eager to please.

We are so happy that we found this treat of a hotel. We have yet to find better and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank lisam203
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We spent 8 day here but thanks to the beautiful nature, warm ocean, gorgeous rooms and delicious cocktails (thank you Kerry) these days past very fast and good and memorable and we definitely want to go back!!!
We came here to get married, just the two of, it was our desire: to be alone, only we and Jamaica :)) Kerry, our butler, is precious - she's funny, she's kind and she is very attentive, thank you Kerry!
Then Kerry, our wedding coordinator, thank you for making our wedding day so great! I guess it was really nothing special to coordinate, nothing difficult, but for us that was the very special day in our life :))) So thank you!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Svetomasha
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Moon Dance Cliffs has to be Jamaica's hidden gem. Not only can I name all of the staff, they remembered all of our names as well. I can't name a single thing that wasn't amazing. The food very well could have ruined regular food for me...nothing was less than delicious! The views are exotic, the rooms are exotic, and in the poverty stricken (mostly very depressing) island of Jamaica, this resort is very well kept and doesn't look like it belongs. I trusted all of my belongings sitting out freely here. I got my money's worth and then some with the all-inclusive rate and would never do it differently after that. It seemed expensive at first but wow did I get my money's worth!!

Room Tip: ALL rooms are ocean view rooms and very, very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beckm097
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I took an impromptu trip down here with my friend (prompted by a deal on Snique Away), and I couldn't be more pleased. We arrived here during the middle of the week, and on the last day of the monsoon-like rains that Jamaica, Cuba, and Grand Cayman were experiencing due to a slow-moving low-pressure system.

When we arrived, after a long drive through the rain, Richard and his staff warmly greeted us with smiles, but more importantly, with rum punches. What a welcome. Due to the rain, there was no one out and about the first day I spent at the resort. Consquently, we felt like we were the only guests at a well-staffed mansion. When we decided to head out for dinner, Richard made some frank and honest restaurant recommendations -- we explained that we wanted real Jamaican food, but in an environment where we could relax with a cocktail, because we were tired from traveling. He steered us towards Pushcart, and away from the place that we had in mind. I appreciated that honest feedback, and Pushcart was perfect for a first night (though not nearly as good as 3 Dives).

The next morning, the rains cleared, so I decided to walk around the resort in the morning. I was the only person up (that I could see) on an early Thursday, and the place had a pleasant Truman Show feel (and I mean that as a good way), as the staff was buzzing around, readying for the day, the TV was turned on in the sports bar (just for me!), and the staff greeted me BY NAME, as I walked around the property, which was devoid of fellow guests and populated only by staff.

I met up with my friend and we took a dip in their splendid pool (it's a circular design that allows for more people to gather in various areas, so if you want to avoid a water basketball game, you can). We were the only ones in the pool, and just as I had myself convinced that I was the guest of a very wealthy Saudi oil shiek, a group of people associated with a wedding showed up, rum punches in hand.

No worries. This is a very adult place, everyone was friendly, respectful, and laid back. All the guests would see and greet each other every day, exchange pleasantries, a joke or two, and maybe even group off for a cliff dive at Rick's. But no one was intrusive. To illustrate what I mean, I know who the two prior reviewers were from our stay (great folks, too)!

I can't emphasize enough how beautiful the rooms were. Every room has a view of the cliffs, the pool and the ocean. The service is impeccable. Get Ralston talking (the bartender at the swim-up bar who worked for 10 years @ the Ritz in Montego Bay), and he'll regale you with stories abou the island. The hotel is very secure, and Richard or Charmine would make sure that everyone was safe and in for the night. I appreciated that level of attentiveness. As taxis are a must here, I liked that the hotel had preferred drivers; I used Champs and he was reliable.

A note about the spa: I had my individual massage in the couple's massage room, which also had a double jacuzzi. I was a little large, and cluttered. My massage therapist was good though.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy_Aschie30
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was our first trip to Jamaica and it was with 28 of our friends and family for our wedding. Of all the places we have ever stayed the Moon Dance was the best place we have ever stayed. The resort was clean and the staff was incredible.

Air Jamaica not so much but that is another review.

Our trip began with us leaving Thursday morning at 6am on Air Jamaica from Philadelphia airport.

Once we arrived in Jamaica we gathered all our luggage and headed outside for our transfer to the resort. We got out front and there was someone holding a sign up for us. All 30 of us gathered and as they filled a van with people from our group off they went to the resort.

Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted with a rum punch and taken to our rooms. We arrived around 11:30 and almost everyone’s room was ready. Some had to wait an hour or so but they took the bags and had them brought to the room when the room was ready.

We were taken to our one bedroom villa which was amazing. Directly overlooking the cliffs and the villa was huge. Gigantic living room with a TV and a large bedroom with a TV as well. The bathroom was large as well with double sinks a glass shower and a big tub. Plus the view was simply amazing.

Lashorn our butler for the week got us situated in our room and we were off to hang out at the pool and explore. The entire resort is amazing with a beautiful pool and great bartenders. The reasturants are great as well. Tried goat for the first time which was very good. Lashorn was amazing as well as Nicole making sure that everything was taken care of for us everyday. From cleaning to setting up our meals.

For the wedding Kerry took care of everything and the entire wedding went off without any problems. Trust in Kerry she will take care of everything.

The meals were so good and we did not have anything that we did not think was great. The chefs really take a lot of pride in their food. The drinks as well were all amazing. I never drank so many different varieties of mixed drinks. Be sure to ask each bartender what their special drink is and make sure you find Johnny Walker and have the Johnny Walker .......Very strong but good….

As the week went on we continued to enjoy the resort and staff who all knew us by our first name. One day we ventured off to play golf at Negril Hills golf club. Richard the manager was nice enough to set this up for us as well as setting up some snorkeling for some of the others in our group. When they came back they highly recommended doing this trip. The boat came right to the resort and picked them up which was a nice bonus.

We really had nothing bad to say about the resort everything was amazing and all the guests enjoyed there stay as well. The only incident was one person’s phone went missing on the day they were leaving. The staff tried to look for it and help find it but it never turned up, just seemed odd because it was last seen sitting on the coffee table in the living room. That was the only bad thing and for all we know the phone could of just been misplaced. Not placing blame on anyone. They staff assured us they would continue to look for it and let us know if it turned up.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer them.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My husband and I and another couple stayed here as part of my 50th birthday celebration, and stayed in the Midnight Cove villa. I have never felt so pampered! Richard, Cary, Titanya and Nicole made sure that we had everything we could want, even before we knew we wanted it! They were awesome. (I miss them!) Our villa was beautiful and spacious with a view to die for. I relaxed completely! We had a delicious breakfast served on our villa's terrace every day. Wonderful. Ralston, Andre, Dougie, Neno, Andrew, Angie, and Clyde made sure we did not go thirsty! (I hope I'm not omitting anyone.)

Everyone was solicitous and accommodating, without hovering and being obtrusive. The service was fantastic. They even arranged for dinner on our terrace one night. Our meals were delicious, as were all the different cocktails I had (and that was quite a few!). I did not try any of the spa treatments, but I will on my next trip. We went offsite for dinner one night to the Rockhouse and that was delicious - definitely do that. And we went to Rick's, which is a must-see experience.

I truly cannot recommend this place more highly and I wish I had never left! I am spoiled rotten!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple