“Zest's at Moon Dance (now The Cliff's Resort )”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Just had an incredible dinner at Zest's!!!
Everyone had something different and each one was amazing. Jonhoi was our chef. We had him come to our table to congratulate him on our awesome dinner.
Wonderful young man. Definitely an asset to the resort. We will be back for sure!!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2017

This review goes back quite a few YEARS. I just got around to realizing that I never reviewed this one, so my apologies! We were here for my cousin's wedding. The resort was rented out solely for the wedding guests for four days. Situated on the world-famous cliffs of Negril, the views are spectacular. The only way into the ocean here is by jumping off of a low [or high] cliff [or by taking the one ladder down]. Absolutely breathtaking views of the sea life below, right off the cliff. We were hand-line fishing most of the time right in the main cove. Rooms were clean, food was delicious. A bit expensive, but worth it in our opinion.

The main [and ONLY] reason for the very poor rating was due to one very unfortunate circumstance during our trip. Keep in mind, the only people on the resort during our stay were either staff or my family. During the WEDDING reception, I left my phone on the table while using the restroom. Again, I paid no mind to this, because we are all family/friends here. I came back to find that my phone was missing. I asked the wait staff, they all seemed like they could care less. I asked for the manager, someone told me to go to the front lobby to "report" it. Lobby staff assures me I must have misplaced it.... hm? I go back to the wedding reception to see if someone came across it. Ten minutes later, and after the bride/groom got involved, a waiter ran up to me and shouted "come look, over here!". Along the base of a TREE, in the DIRT, my phone lay face down. I surely didn't "misplace" it here, as it was no where even near the reception area!! They all smiled and made it to be it was my fault and quite frankly, they seemed to let out a sigh of relief. Management afterward didn't even reach out to me to ask if I'd found it, or offer any type of apology. It was literally never mentioned again! But they surely didn't forget one single charge to tally when came time to pay the bill at the end of our stay. Very disappointed in the handling of a theft, for this reason, I'd never return.

Room Tip: Lock all of your belongings up! Don't let valuables out of sight.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I'm a new TripAdvisor member so I am just now writing this review for my stay in the middle of 2015.....BUT TRUST ME I REMEMBER THIS VACATION LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY....because nobody forgets when they spent a lot and got a little.
This resort gives boutique resorts a bad name....boutique shouldn't mean little to no amenties
I was here for a friend's wedding in which all her family and friends filled the entire hotel. I will keep this review as simple as possible and just highlight the pros and cons
**Pros:
-Small so not hard to find anything
-the bartenders at the swim up bar were very nice and entertaining
**Cons:
-THE LONGEST RIDE EVER TO GET TO THE RESORT....well over an hour
-small...there is only one place to eat AND THE MENU IS BASICALLY THE SAME EVERYDAY...after many complaints a new menu mysteriously appeared with a bunch of different options but this was half way into the trip. And if you didn't ask for the "secerts menu items" they weren't presented
-The pool was not clean and was not kept up to par
-NO BEACH ACCESS(which is even worse when the pool is not clean)....if I knew this I would have stayed somewhere else and just came onto the resort for the wedding
-The staff didn't clean up the food in the swim up bar often enough....when we would all hang out over there to eat plates would just stack up
-The people at the front desk were very unattentive and some what cold and rude (especially if you had a problem with something)
-THEY RAN OUT OF ALOT OF THINGS EVERYDAY
-they ran out of the MOST POPULAR drink everyone had been drinking at the WEDDING. My issue with this is that if everyone has been drinking the same type of alcohol the whole trip why wouldn't you make sure you are fully stocked up for the wedding.
-NO FOOD after 10pm or 11pm Yes you read that right....this was the most upsetting part....how can you have people drinking all night but have NOTHING TO GIVE THEM AFTER AROUND 10-11PM
the night of the we were hanging out by the pool area (because that's really the only area) we were drinking so we asked for some food or snacks (there was plenty food left over from the wedding) they kept saying there was no food

Overall we were very disappointed, especially for what we paid to stay there....we could have got 5star treatment else where

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a jacuzzi suite unless you are going to use the jacuzzi because everyt...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank aliciaf6
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

I visited this resort for my sister's wedding and it was amazing. She did a resort take over and it was like spending time with extended family. AMAZING food and service!!! I can't tell you how much I miss the food, atmosphere, and excellent service. I will definitely be returning #

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank selina j
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Pros:
-Beautiful and well appointed rooms and hot tub on balcony was nice.
View from grounds looking over the sea was beautiful.
-Wedding went as planned as far as I know.
- Ladies in the hair salon super awesome and got me a last minute appoint on wedding day when I was having a bad hair day.
-Music night of reception was great.
-Steel drums during wedding ceremony

CONS-
I arrived at 2 pm at airport at MoBay but had to wait hours for the bus to leave the airport for the hotel! We didn't arrive to the resort until 7:30 at night. I was exhausted and hungry and not happy.
-grade of alcohol available for the all-inclusive was terrible!!! No name brand liquors and wine was worst wine I have ever tasted, both red and white!
-Food-not many options. I went to bed hungry many nights because restaurants didn't stay open late. When we are there having wedding festivities we did have late nights but after about 9 you couldn't get food. I am a night owl anyway and this was terrible.
-The pool water was always dirty and dead plants were around pool area. Not very well manicured. I was just at Sandals Whitehouse 4 months prior and any dead plant would have been dug and up and a new plant would have been put in its place. Maybe I was just more judgmental because of this.
-The night before my departure I confirmed that there would have a bus available to bring me to airport in morning. I was there at time they stated and no bus.....waited longer...no bus. Finally we figured out there was no bus coming. They did scramble to get me one so I wouldn't miss my flight. I did make it in time but it was a bit stressful of situation and didn't end that trip on a good note.

Overall for the price, I was disappointed by this resort. If I go to Negril again, I will stay on the beach but even that was too crowded for my liking.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura V
Reviewed 2 January 2016

This hotel previously known as Moon Dance Cliffs, now The Cliff, just reopened December 2015. Definitely luxurious, huge rooms and bathrooms, stunning grounds & attentive staff (without that forced hovering feeling). This place checks all the boxes including giving you the feeling of privacy and discrete attention to detail. The GM Mary Phillips is amazing, she walks the property with her beautiful doggies gently making sure everything is running according to the highest standards. Really warm and welcoming too. The food is also really wonderful, especially the vegetarian items on the menus (which are typically slightly overlooked at hotels I find). I promise this place will not disappoint. Dying to go back!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NJ_YS
Reviewed 12 December 2015

THIS hotel just reopened for December 1st met the new owner Mary very nice women. Just a beautiful spot really luxury hotel and property. Great wedding destination for sure, The grounds are just impeccable and the view is even more breathtaking. Rooms are set up for large parties quests that want to stay together. Lots of amenities everything is there nothing missing. Right at the end of the West End Rd at the fork in the road nice bakery there with fresh ackee loafs, veggie loafs and coco bread and cheese. Very beautiful top notch hotel and really stunning property a must see if your not staying there.

Stayed: November 2015