All reviewscontinental breakfasthot waterice machineitalian cafeocean frontbanana breadoceanfront roomnice bathroomper daysecurity staffthe hotel managerwest endlounge chairsnight lifekelvinvendorsmile
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at Rooms on the Beach in Negril for one night {09/01-09/02}. It was a total of 5 of us so we had to get two rooms, which was not a problem.
The cost for one room for one night was $80 total my father had to pay $93 total because there was a $13 fee for my 5 year old sister. We stayed in rooms 1402 and 1403 which were side by side.
Things that I loved about this hotel were:
1.The bathroom was super cute and the shower was amazing.
2.There was AC which worked and the room was ice cold which was great b/c it was super hot outside.
3.On the beach!!!!
4.Continental breakfast was great.
5.Staff was great.
6.Price was right!!
7. Nice flat screen on wall
8. NO BUGS
9. Nice pool
Things that could have been better but a real big deal:
1.FREE WIFI!!!
But in the lobby you can use computer and internet for free which was okay, so like I said not a big deal since we were able to computer in the lobby. If you want wifi it's $15 a day.
2.No clocks in rooms.
But I had my cell phone and I was on vacation we needs to know the time {lol}
3.Pillows were flat as heck
I would like them to get better pillows but it was not a huge deal but would have been nice if there were better pillows
4.Oh the walls were thin as paper which might be a problem for some it was not for me b/c
A. It was my family next door and
B. It reminded me of my apartments and I am to sleep through anything.
Overall this was a super cute hotel and I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank cathbrown98
Reviewed August 8, 2012

While I was swimming in the sea, I hit probably a jelly fish, which turn part of my arm and left belly into red and terribly itchy specially at the first couple of minutes. As expected I got out of the sea immediately and ran to the closest hotel staff (beach security), asking for help. She told me to go to the front desk.

When I went to the front desk, the staff on duty told me that their emergency kit was empty, and she told me that I should take care of myself. When I explained that I am a visitor to the country and don't know where to go, and I insisted that I need emergency to be arranged by them, she brought a half full emergency kit; with nothing special, but with hydrogen peroxide and bandage. Moreover she did not know what tpo do, she kept on saying she was sorry, but couldn't do anything since such emergencies happen quite rarely (it wouldn't called emergency it were happening all the time) and did not know what to do.

Arter all the 30-45 min of hurry, I started to feel less itchy and I preferred to get calm in my room, rather than trying to request the front office staff.

I really can not believe; how can such an ignorance happen!

So, I hope they would be prepared. As for the message to the customers, do yr best not to need for any emergency; otherwise you are alone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aydin_2011
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the third time I have tried to write my comments on this location with Tripadvisor but they refuse to post my comments.

In short stay at another location and please read what other have written regarding how dirty the place was and is addition how poor management is regarding any concerns with any feed back. This place is a hole in the wall that in the States would be closed down by the health Dept.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank davidcolo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed 3 days at Rooms on the Beach before going to Sandals and we wanted to leave Sandals and go back to Rooms. Cute little hotel. We had a room that walked out to the ocean. Clean rooms. A/C that works. No mold or mildew. Very nice bathrooms. Big LCD tv with Sat. The pool was good. They do not serve Dinner though. We would definately go back. The beach here was amazing. You could see under water for ever in any direction. No weeds, just beautiful sand.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Chris B
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I hope this review helps, travelled 7/18/12 - 7/23/12
I've travelled to about 10 carribbean islands and enjoyed them all because my expectations are adapted to where I am. I do no expect US type luxury except maybe at the all inclusives. If I pay for a vacation then I'm going to enjoy it, not sit around and complain.
PROS
hotel - I was ocean front the room was large, clean, daily maid service
Staff - nice, helpful, will miss all of them
Beach - ok, was told they lost beachfront in the last hurricane. Much better beaches in Antigua, Barbados, Dominican republic.
Entertainment - try jungle down the block on Thursdays, seastar inn buffet and live reggae band on Saturdays, seasplash inn beach party on Sundays
Food - you're in Jamaica, great food especially jerk, curry, brown stew meats
CONS
rooms is on a public beach and you are harrassed all day by peddlers even while you're swimming. This was a major turn off for me and will be the only reason I might not go back to negril. If I return it will be all inclusive which are on private beaches .
They need to make seven mile beach private for tourists with few public areas for locals
Hope this helps

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are bigger, better
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo