All reviews continental breakfast sweet spot low wall hot water ice machine italian cafe ocean front hotel property sugar cane oceanfront room per day us dollars security staff always felt safe west end ricks cafe roots
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have room 1902, a beach front room on the 1st floor with a patio. We booked directly with the hotel website: http://www.superclubs.com/ and get the best package deal including airfare. They only have a few beach front rooms, so it's best to book directly so you can put in your request. Rooms on top of restaurant have private balcony looking out to the ocean. On the other side of the restaurant, rooms on the 1st floor have private patio leading to the sand, but the ones on the 2nd floor only have a fenced sliding door. Our room is clean and comfortable, the low wall keeps the vendors away and the beach outside the wall is clean & spacious. The restaurant is opened for lunch, breakfast, dinner, the meals are decent & the prices very reasonable. The included continental breakfast is served promptly and the staffs very friendly.

Room tip: beach front rooms on first floor have private patio leading to the beach, beach front rooms on top of restaurant are more spacious and have private balcony looking out to the ocean.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thu51
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I chose Rooms to host our wedding. Right from the planning stages Seinna - Ann, wedding co - ordinator and hotel manager helped me to arrange everything which took a lot of pressure off of me. Our wedding was magical, truly beautiful and everything was just right all overlooked by Seinna - Ann.
We then stayed at Rooms for a further 3 weeks with my parents. We had a really restful time and just chilled out most of the time. We ate at a place called Sweet Spot which was just across the road and the food at the hotel was good also.
The staff were very friendly which also helped to make our stay wonderful.
We found that Negril was quite quiet with a few live shows on the beach which we could enjoy from our balcony as the music was very loud but to our traste so we didn't mind it. There is costant activity on the beach where you can buy anything you may want. Patties, cold drinks, friuts was just a few of the things that were available from the sellers that walked up and down the beach.
I would recommend Rooms Negril as the hotel is clean, comfortable and well run and has staff who are ready to help should you need it.
Overall we had a wonderful stay at Rooms Negril.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BertzBoo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Let me start off by saying this was my 6th trip to Jamaica and 1st Non-All Inclusive trip and I had the absolute BEST time!...I was nervous at first as I'm use to checking in and dont have to worry about food/drinks etc my entire stay...but after day 1...No problem mon it was smooth sailing!! No more AI's for me!

Check-In...Quick and Sweet

Room- My room was HUGE with a Queen bed and a Twin bed and it was kept cleaned daily, they could really turn the rooms into suites with a small compact frige and microwave as it's alot of wasted space in the room...They do rent out a refrigerator for $8 a day, mi personally would rather rent a microwave as it was no problem grabbing ice from the ice machine or the bar...I also didnt have food that needed to be refigerated. My balcony was the highlight of my room (2303 I tink) although I was facing the street and the hotel office it was still nice getting up early having coffee on the balcony watching the sunset with my wake up call from a Rooster right next door...sounded like someone was choking it at times...lol..and just people watching as they checked in and checked out...

Hotel Restaurant - Unfortunately I didnt use it my entire stay didn't even try the continental breakfast which was included maybe next time...the restaurant is a nice size overlooking the beach very romantic...the bar is very small maybe 6-8 bar stools I did frequent the bar to get ice when the ice maker wasnt working.

Pool - It was just that a pool nothing exciting, I didnt see not 1 person in the pool my entire stay which makes since becuz the BEACH is amazing!!! I didnt see any kids either my entire stay which was a Plus! but it was January... haha

Hotel location location location- GREAT!! you can go left or right and find several restaurants for breakfast, lunch & dinner (Sweet Spot & Ms.Sonia's) was my favorite spots...and late at night the Jerk chicken guy usually sets up right across the street from the hotel which was perfect during the late night drinking outings and you dont want to walk far...you also have a grocery store walking distance from the hotel a place you can purchase minutes for your JA phone, you have the Jungle nightclub, Margaritaville, Alfreds they are all walking distance even at night No problem, also Roots Bamboo which is right next door to the hotel they have live bands on Mondays and usually playing music (DJ) every other night, but on Mondays with the live band you can literally sit on the beach at the hotel and hear the band clearly very nice vibe!...the list goes on and on about the location of this hotel!!!

BEACH - Saving the best for last...7-Mile beach is simply AMAZING!!!! Every morning I would walk the beach as far as I could go scoping out all the other hotels, some were nice others not so nice most seemed crowded to me IMO when walking the beach to the right of Rooms down by TreeHouse the beach wasnt as nice as it is on our end...IMO anywho...I would head back to the hotel and lounge Outside of the security walls and had no problems with the hagglers...they do try to sell you things from (Beef patties, Lobster, OJ, Aloe, jewelry, massages, excursions, pictures, shells etc. etc.) but a simple but firm "NO thank u mon" usually do the job...if you hesitate think about it twice ask to see or how much etc...then they have a target and will hound you until you buy..lol...to the left of the hotel is a little convenient store that stays open late at night if you need beverages, snacks, cups etc...and folks (locals & vacationers) are usually hanging outside with music, chatting, dancing having a good ole time. I also get my fresh squeezed orange juice from a lady name Denise (I think I hope thats her name) thats right next to the convenient store best I ever had!...One night I walked the beach to Bourbon Beach to a live band show and had no problems, there's usually a number of folks walking the beach at night but be smart about it and dont go alone you can never be too careful!

Cons:
They charge a daily fee for a refrigerator...Note to Mgmnt...just add it in the room fee you would probably come out better that way...

I guess if I was a nick picker I could complain about the FREE internet in the lobby area with no privacy haha. (It's not there problem you want to be on the internet while vacationing) they do offer a fee if you want internet connect in your room. (I'm totally being sarcastic on this one) lol

Suggestion: Mgmt. put a table set in the rooms for dining...the rooms are huge it could accomodate a table set easily...In the mean time travelers put the table set from the balcony in your room for dining if it's as important to you as me...LOL

Shout out to ALL the staff that works very hard everyday so we can have a great vacation...cant Thank you enough! Yea mon

Ok I'm done I hope this review was helpful, feel free to contact me with any questions!

Room tip: If you have a gardenview room that face the street ask for building 1 on the left as it's not close to Roots Bamboo (loud music at night)
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Luvs2TravelChic
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff at Rooms has continuously out done themselves again and again.
Management is tops!
Very clean and very respectable place to lay your head.
Great beds, great beach and the view from the Beachfront rooms is the
perfect place to watch the sunsets.
Security chases away the hustlers, the legitimate small business folks
are treated as well as they treat the guests.
Breakfast is very good, reasonably priced and charming staff.
Lunch needs some help....LOL
No dinners, sometimes you just don't want to leave the resort for dinner
after a long day on the beach, maybe some day they'll fix that.
We love you all...we'll be back soon!
Debbie & Paul

Room tip: Beach front rooms are the best but you must book early for them, there are only 9.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PittsburghSunGoddess
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and I would go back. The staff were very friendly, especially Petrack. Nice to have complimentory breakfast over looking the ocean. As well as the free coffee in room. You can even drink there tap water. Very good location. Beautiful beach and ocean. nice to have free internet. The secuity is very good and friendly and made us feel safe. They really get to know you as the hotel is quite small.
It would be nice if there was some sort of entertainment at the hotel. Clock in room would be great and a little more lights in the room. Those would be my only complaints.

• Trip type: Travelled with family