“Very nice local restaurant been in business a long time and it shows.”
Review of Chicken Lavish

Chicken Lavish
Ranked #53 of 198 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My girlfriend and I ate at chicken lavish a couple of times while in negril. We had had the fried chicken and also the pork chops. I would highly recommend both. It is never very busy and the owner operator is very friendly and the prices were reasonable. Pay the extra 50 j and get the mashed potatos and vegetables. Your taxi driver will think your a local when you ask to go here. A great negril experience.

3  Thank cadillactraveler

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was another place that we had to try because of recommendations on this board. The restaurant is located on the Cliffs in the West End not far from the roundabout downtown.

There was only one other person at the restaurant when we got here and they were not eating, only using the Wi-Fi. Our drinks were brought out quickly and our order was taken. The view from our table was nice for people watching with the ocean as a backdrop.

My husband got the "steak" and I ordered the sweet and sour chicken. The steak was more like a pot roast with onions in a yummy sauce. It was delicious. (We had been eating jerk chicken numerous times during our nine nights in Jamaica and wanted to try some beef for a change.) The chicken was more of a fried chicken also with a delicious sauce. It was crispy on the outside and extremely juicy on the inside. I am picky about my chicken and this was perfect. When I asked what the sauce was, I was told it was "chicken sauce." LOL. Anyhow, I asked if I could get extra of that to drizzle more on the chicken and that was no problem. Very tasty! We both tried each other's meals and we agreed that both were wonderful.

I would highly recommend stopping here for anyone who wants some delicious chicken or some beef with their tender flavorful "steak." However, I have heard that everything on the menu is delicious here.

3  Thank Shawni_and_Buck
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We enjoyed the curried goat and the curried chicken. The brown stew fish was also excellent. Although the conch soup was nice, it was not the world's best as advertised; the chef could have been a bit more generous with the conch. Our only disappointment was with our waiter who insisted that the 15% 'tax' added to our bill was NOT a gratuity therefore the gratuity was NOT included. Basically it was his way of scamming us for extra tip $s – therefore we will not be back to Chicken Lavish and we will not be recommending this restaurant to our many friends who vacation in Negril every year.

2  Thank Bea_613
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The food was great and service was excellent. West End has such a nice ambiance and great vibe! While you are there be sure to check out VIVIANS- 'the shop around the corner (literally)' at Tigress Resort for the nicest clothes, shoes, and beautiful sandals!

2  Thank LadybugluvsJA