1,449 results
All reviews gail jackson the singing chef jerk chicken daily breakfast callaloo fried dumplings seven mile beach kenny tours home away from home every morning fresh fruit paddle boarding second home beach bar beautiful beach water sports patties
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My experience @ the Negril Treehouse was relaxing. The owner & the staff are very accomodating. The resort is beautiful, the beach is a stone through away. There is a a pool, Jacuzzi & bar on the beach. The owner is both warm & professional. Please visit Alan for some Jerk Chicken!!!!
The African Drum Circle event was fantastic we learned alot about the African Culture & the drummers truly make you want to get up & dance. We had dinner & a bonfire on the beach, poetry & song. Beautiful, relaxed and positive environment.
I stayed on the resort property most of the time there are cabs available to go anywhere you want to go. Shopping was nice @ the Timesquare Mall but you may want to venture out more than I did. Definately check out the lady who makes handcrafted baskets!!

Room Tip: My aunt & I stayed on the lower level. Room is a nice size & the bathroom is large. My room was facing the street so you may want to request rooms facing away from street traffic. I did not have a problem sleeping. A/C worked very well!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra0916
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Negril Tree House Resort over the New Year's holiday with 7 friends. I would certainly consider a return visit considering the wonderful service we received, and the location of the resort.

Everyone in our party had Standard Garden View rooms on the first floor...one couple had a kitchenette. All were clean...but no-frills.

The buffet breakfast is a very nice bonus. The beach bar/restaurant was convenient and reasonably priced. The staff was attentive and friendly. The restaurant was out of curried goat the night we had planned to have dinner there, but it was recommended by a third party.

The tour desk/hotel was helpful in arranging transportation and tours...even before we arrived. I recommend working with the hotel directly to arrange your transportation from the airport before you arrive.

One couple in our group was robbed on New Year's Eve. The hotel security and local police responded accordingly. The incident would not deter me from returning as I do not believe the hotel is unsafe.

Recommended tours: YS Falls, Floyd's Pelican Bar, Dolphin Cove

Room Tip: Low numbered rooms are near the lobby, and you may hear early morning noise. HIgher number rooms are near the road, and you may hear road noise. My room was in the 20s...and it seemed to be the ideal location.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JHD2
Reviewed January 14, 2012

WE have been staying here for the last 20 years and would never stay anywhere else. We love the staff and we are so excited to see everyone when we get there. The rooms on the lower levels are the best. Try to get a place up front near the beach. They have the best Jerk Chicken. It lacks the night life , but that is ok there is so much to do around the area during the day. Try their Chinese food awesome yes I know you are thinking -Chinese food in Jamacia. True. We love it so much. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room up by the beach
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice M
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This was our first visit to Jamaica. Our trip was January 8 - 12. We did this on a Living Social 4-night voucher. It was WELL worth it! Even if it had been full priced, it would have been a good value.

The best thing about Treehouse is the location! It is almost perfectly situated in the center of Seven Mile Beach. The beach itself is spectacular. It has fine sand, crystal clear water (I'm 6' 3" and could see my individual toes in neck deep water), a cabana bar right at the water's edge, and plenty of beach seating for the guests.

The location also keeps you away from the noise and "busy-ness" of west end Negril (near Rick's Cafe), but allows you to quickly get to that area. But you really don't even need to venture that far unless you're satisfying curiosity (admittedly, the cliff diving at Rick's was pretty cool to watch).

The staff was generally very pleasant to us, particularly once they realized we were generous tippers. While we charged all of our bar drinks and food to the room, we ALWAYS tipped the waitstaff in cash. I strongly recommend doing it this way.

A quick aside: BRING LOTS OF CASH TO JAMAICA!!! I would particularly bring a lot of $1 bills. Everyone that we encountered in Jamaica accepted U.S. dollars. Many places stated that they accepted VISA/MC, but the payment systems were often out of order. ATMs are also few and far between. CASH IS KING in Jamaica.

The resort offers a very nice breakfast buffet which provides hot foods such as:

- Two of these: grits, cornmeal porridge, oatmeal, or some other porridge
- Callaloo - a cooked spinach type dish (we found it enjoyable)
- Main local dish of which we saw: Beef hash, chicken brown stew, and kidneys
- Eggs or omelets cooked to order
- Waffles cooked to order

The buffet also included fresh fruits, breads, juice, and coffee. It starts at 8 AM. A lot of people show up shortly thereafter, and the wait for eggs or waffles can be somewhat slow as there is only one person, one waffle iron, and two small egg-frying pans. I suggest getting up there by 8 AM or waiting for the initial rush to die down.

The bartenders at the cabana bar made stiff rum drinks for us. Service was occasionally slow after first sitting down. In my opinion, that is better than being constantly harassed by waitstaff. (I should add that in general, we found service was slow throughout Jamaica - it may be just the way it is there.) The lunches we ate there were quite tasty, although a little more expensive than other nearby options. I highly recommend the lobster salad. The lobster was clearly freshly cooked for it. The crab cakes were also pleasant.

The room itself was nothing fancy, which was fine by us as we spent little time in it. It was just a roughly 12x12 room with a king bed and adjacent bathroom. It also offered a small table that accommodates two, and plenty of drawer space. There was also a TV that we used for maybe 30 minutes. I loved the windows that used horizontal wood slats to seal off the outdoor air. There were no glass windows, only screens outside the slats. I thought that was awesome! There was a wall-mounted air conditioner that kept the room pleasant at night. We turned it off and opened the window slats during the days. I saw no reason to keep the AC running all day.

Treehouse also offers:

- Tour services - we used Norris the cabdriver for a daylong tour of Appleton Rum Factory, YS Falls, and sights of the TRUE western Jamaica.
- Snorkeling (Tony and Captain Morgan!), jet skis, parasailing
- Massages - we did not get these this time, but the setup looked really nice. Offered $1/minute
- A pool if you so desire (there's an ocean right there - why use the pool???), and hot tub (as one reviewer stated, it was not fully functional; it was hot, but only one jet was working)
- Beach security to chase off overly persistent hustlers/peddlers

The desk staff gave us a great recommendation for a taxi driver by the name of Donald. He drove us around for two nights and waited while we ate, shopped, viewed, etc. He also recommended a great somewhat upscale restaurant in the west end area called The Hungry Lion. Contact the desk and ask for Donald if you want a reliable taxi driver for the evening. And tip him well!

Other tips for you:

- There's an unbelievable place to get dinner just down the road. When facing the main road as you walk out of Treehouse, turn right (south) and look for a thatched-roof cabana on the opposite side of the road approximately 1/2 mile down. It's right in front of another small resort, and next to a tiny mart that sells beverages and snacks. They offered a full grilled lobster for $20!!! I kid you not. My wife had that. I had a 1/2 jerk chicken. We also had two Red Stripes each. It was 33 Jamaican dollars! And it was clearly a place that some frequent tourists knew about. It was "hopping" given its small size. What an unbelievable find for us.
- For lunches, you can get fresh fruit from a little stand about 100 yards down the beach to the left when facing the water (south again). The lady cracks open coconuts freshly. She also sold us on the incredibly delicious nisberry. Also be on the lookout for the walking peddlers selling patties, fresh lobster, more fruits, or peanuts.

Bottom line: We will definitely stay at Treehouse again when we go back to Jamaica! We have a lot more we want to see and do on the island.

Room Tip: We were right in the center of the property in room #20. I thought this was a perfect location - not too close to the bustling kitchen/lobby, and not too close to the busy beach area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jared M
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Our first time staying at Treehouse, and the 3rd place we stayed on this trip to Negril. My wife is a travel agent so we stay at a lot of different properties and toured over a half-dozen more while we were in Negril. I can see that at one time Treehouse was probably at the top of its game, but it ls worn around the edges. Its obvious maintenance has been the minimum and service while very good was not outstanding. It is still a good value but barely.

This experience says it all: when we checked into our room, the a/c was rattling loudly in one of the rooms and we asked that it be fixed before we would sleep in there. The bellman said he would notify maintenance. 15 minutes later he returned with a roll of scotch tape, explaining that maintenance would not be available for several hours. He carefully scotch taped the cover in a number of places and that reduced the rattle to a tolerable level and he advised us to not turn the fan to a high speed. Hours later the maintenance guy did show up, but he was only able to explain that to repair the unit they would have to remove it, did not have a replacement, and could not do that until we checked out. I asked if he could at least use duct tape vs scotch tape and he said no becuase of the astecics. i explained i did not care about that, then it became obvious they had no intention of pulling the unit out when we left.
The pool was filthy with green scum on the walls and cloudy water and the jacuzzi was out of order. Many of the beach towels were like sandpaper. I can tell you this is not typical of most properties in this range in Negril.

Room Tip: When you read these Trip Advisor reviews, heavily discount anything over 2 years old. A lot can change at a property in 2 years.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family